Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You deceitful bastards...

Default Re: You deceitful bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by Yawyack View Post
    Yeah the Spartans really shouldn't win at Thermopylae. It was their ultimate sacrifice, and what they will always be remembered for. Yeah I know its only a game by the way, lol. But to me, the Spartans winning it, just ruins the atmosphere and the circumstances of the whole time period in which the mod is set. And to be sure the Spartans don't win, Xerxes has to be invincible. And besides killing a God-King should be no easy task .

But... saying all that, I won Thermopylae by the battle time limit, and carried on with the campaign regardless. And to be honest it has really annoyed me that I did. But I am too far gone in my campaign to go back and play it properly .

Great mod thanks, Halie Satanus .
    Wonderful why not mod it so when start the battle it shows the movie.

YOU is written along the screen.

And you lose.

So why play a game, where there's opportunities to make your own ending, if you're just going to play it the way it went historically every time?

It's the same way with all the RTW mods. Everybody picks Rome, conquers historically, then starts over.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post

And you lose.
    Seriously , what's the matter with you ?

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Seriously , what's the matter with you ?
    What do you mean?

And you lose.
    Why the " you" ? Why the "and you lose" ? And why the irony ? He was just enthoused ..

The mod is *centred* around the very concept of Leonidas' sacrifice, his will to fight with the certainty of death. It's not like you have to do everything in a historically accurate way in the mod (far from it), but making Leonidas live and Xerxes die at Thermopylae really just defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    The mod is *centred* around the very concept of Leonidas' sacrifice, his will to fight with the certainty of death. It's not like you have to do everything in a historically accurate way in the mod (far from it), but making Leonidas live and Xerxes die at Thermopylae really just defeats the purpose.
    Yes but if you can win then why not let you?It's not like the ingame battle is anything like the real one anyway.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Yes but if you can win then why not let you?It's not like the ingame battle is anything like the real one anyway.
    It is what it is, don't like it go to the mod workshop and learn how to change it yourself.

Good Luck.

I cannot believe this is so contentious, especially as its only turn 1 in the game . Well it’s pretty easy to turn it off, I just hope HS keeps it the way it is. I just don’t see the point in playing a 300/Thermopylae Mod, and then messing with that entire foundation. But hey ho, whatever you do with your personal mod is upto you. If you are gonna mod Thermopylae then don’t forget to add the Thespians, Thebans, and helots (?). Or add an army made up of Papa Lazarou and his wives. Whatever. I’m off to bed…

Blog Entries

LoL.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

War Lord, why are you so aggressive and rude? All you do is critisize and be negative. For gods sake man, have a change of heart.

Edit: Necroed by accident. Ah well, there is no second page.
    Last edited by Hakomar; September 08, 2009 at 05:10 AM.

i won the battle at Thermoplyes fair and square my spartans held out the whole 45 mins but unfortunately leonidas died in the last 2 mins -.- but ofc i had it on a medium difficult =D

Aw, I would like to play as Leonidas and not have him die! I always enjoy the whole change history of the TW games. Anyways I think this mod looks awesome, let me know if their is a way to keep Leonidas around. Thanks

ArtoriusMaximus's Avatar Laetus

ummmm he can die thouygh when you face him again right? like to fully conquer campaign and all???

ArtoriusMaximus's Avatar Laetus

nvm i found the answer in general discussion soo just ignore my first comment

I feel like , I killed Xerxes on turn 1. Now I feel that any further actions on my part would shame the entire Persian race.

I have a great idea: give him 15 hitpoints, but please don't leave him immortal
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Blog Entries

See here..

Ok, I read it, but what I don not understand is that you said:
    even a god-king can bleed
    but why he cannot in the game?!
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Blog Entries

Historically Xerxes did not die at Thermopylae. It would have ruined the vibe of the mod if you could kill him there. However if I recall correctly he can die after the battle. Of course you won't be able to kill him until you get to the Persian heartlands as he returns to safety.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast