Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regional Lordship Titles System Generator

Default Regional Lordship Titles System Generator

Introduction: I always wanted a regional lordship system, just like MTW's, where titles are given for each specific region, but when the region is lost, the titles stop giving bonuses. But due to RTW's lack of a remove-ancillary command or a command to detect a trait faction-wide etc, this couldn't be done without a fuss, a combination of ancs and traits and lots of code.

So when, after doing that manually for VI2, I found out I had to do it again for another mod, I flipped, and decided to make a simple .xls tool that, based on basic data entered from the user in the excel sheet, creates excerpts for the EDCT, EDA, eVnVS and EA files with all the necessary, mod-specific code for the system; all the definitions of the relevant ancs and traits, their triggers and their textual entries.

The system created has the following features:

• characters can become lords of any region, as long as they are not already lords of another or their faction's leaders
    • only one character per faction might have a specific title at any given time
    • multiple factions might have characters with lordship claims over the same region
    • characters might pass their titles on to others
    • only the character whose faction controls the region at the time might reap its title's benefits
    • characters who possess the lordship title to a region their factions does not control take a penalty
    • lordship titles are 'customised' per faction in regards to their name
    • lordship titles are 'customised' per faction in regards to their influence bonuses (when holding the region) and penalties (when having lost it)
    • lords staying in their appointed settlements gain extra administrative bonuses, that are lost when they are not there

Download link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2560

Instructions included in the tool.

Feel free to share feedback, comments and suggestions or ask any questions here.

Thx to MoN for the brilliant banner.
    Last edited by Aradan; October 09, 2009 at 05:17 AM.

Default Re: Regional Lordship Titles System Generator

That's awesome Aradan !

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Indeed, this is a great tool for those who want to implement regional titles in a realistic way in their mods. I highly recommend it! It comes FREE with every download of Viking Invasion II (just kidding - follow the link above for a direct download of the tool)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

New commercial for VI2 :

new units : blahblahkingarthurdblahblah
    added 10 regions : londenblahblah

Includes Aradan's Region Lordshhip Titles Sytem Generator !!!!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Hehe.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I'd download it

The tool has been updated to version 1.1, fixing a problem with effects of previous levels not going away when the levels changed.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Whoa. That's pretty amazing. Can I use it in the ExRM?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Sure, that's the purpose of the tool anyway.

I think I'll make a new version when I get time, that will allow choice between using buildings and using settlement names in the triggers (settlement names will require to be one word though, engine limitations)

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Thanks!

Hmmm, could you make it use the internal settlement names, then? Otherwise you're going to have 10 Lords of Tribus.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

The SettlementName condition only takes external names as arguments, can't be changed.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

My computer is not reading the php file. How to open? Sorry for feeling a dummy.

Oh bugger,fixed,sorry..prob in download manager defaulting to php files for everything..sheesh.
    Last edited by Kylan271; August 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

What php file?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    What php file?

Sorry Aradan,I used a Free D/l Manager program and it had a default setting to name every file download.php which I missed in set up. It buggered up all my d/l files. I found it after I d/l a Ferres file which I know is not a php file,so spotted the error then. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I got your file working now. For RTW it needs some adapting to each Mod.

How should make it work? There isn't any instructions in the rar i downloaded.

There is an "Information" sheet on the .xls itself that should help you. If you still have questions after reading it, just ask here.

Thanks Aradan. I am appreciated. To be honest i dont even now where to start. What software do i need to open this file? Forgive me such a basic questions but i'm rookie in this stuff. Please - keep it simple for me.

Microsoft Excel - I think OpenOffice Calc can also handle it.

Well, really so nice a tool here. Some questions:
    - Shall I complete all the faction entries or can I leave some factions aside? Because I may not want some factions not to have territorial titles...
    - Is there a way of making a building not showing in the UI?
    - When will a named character receive a nobility title? What are the conditions?
    - Shall I give some people these traits and ancilaries from the begining (descr_strat)?
    - Is there a limit to the number of buildings that can be included in the EDB?
    - Will the game performance in campaign be "empoverished" (i.e. laggy game) due to the long lines of code this thing requires?

I think that's all for now...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

- Shall I complete all the faction entries or can I leave some factions aside? Because I may not want some factions not to have territorial titles...
    Just the factions you want the system to apply to.

- Is there a way of making a building not showing in the UI?
    Only if you use plug-ins (read Squid's guide on those) and have them present in descr_strat. But the tool is currently configured to work with buildings (different conditions for plug-ins).

- When will a named character receive a nobility title? What are the conditions?
    The anc is received the first turn a character stays in the settlement where the building which is used as 'marker' exists, as long as the anc is not already present in the faction, the character is not a king and he doesn't already have another title. The trait activates once the ancillary is acquired,

- Shall I give some people these traits and ancilaries from the begining (descr_strat)?
    Yes, if you want you can start with your character with just ancs (the traits will kick in after the first turn), with just traits (they will be lost after the first end turn, since there won't be an anc to back them up) or with both (the traits might change depending on whether or not the character's faction owns a settlement etc), there are triggers that take care of every possible permutation.

- Is there a limit to the number of buildings that can be included in the EDB?
    You can have up to 64 trees, each with a maximum of 9 trees. You'd need 22 full trees of "settlement markers" for 198 regions, which is an extreme case. of course, if you could spare those slots, you could have a "regional info" building for each settlement, which can then be used for a great deal of things and would generally be very useful in your mod. We did that with VI2 and NI, though with fewer regions of course.

- Will the game performance in campaign be "empoverished" (i.e. laggy game) due to the long lines of code this thing requires?
    Quite surprisingly, no. Scripts using the same code would actually slow the game down a lot, but traits/ancs are apparently handled much better by the engine and the game runs very smoothly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast