Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KGCME V.4.1 Download and Feedback Thread

Default KGCME V.4.1 Download and Feedback Thread

Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Expanded

Current Version

KGCME V.4.1

Installations instructions

You must have both KGCM 3.0 and patch 4.1 installed for this mod to work correctly. You may also install XAI for use with the compatible version found below. Unarchive the attached rar file. Copy the data folder into your main kingdoms grand campaign mod folder (for most people this will be: medieval 2 total war/mods/kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod). This will place all the modified files into their correct locations. If prompted to merge folder, click the yes to all and click merge folders. If prompted to copy and replace files, click yes to all and click copy and replace.

Change Log - Last updated 31 July 09

Removed 5 peasant units from the game
    Changed peasant recruitment slot in lowest level castle barracks to recruit town militia or appropriate unit per faction
    Changed descr_rebel_factions.txt to replace all peasant units with appropriate town militia or equivalent units
    Changes descr_strat.txt to replace EE peasants with EE town militia
    Included new unit cards and unit info picture for new units
    Added Dismounted Knights Templars, Dismounted Knights Hospitallers, Dismounted Knights of Tripoli, Dismounted Knights of Eddessa, Dismounted Templar Conferee Knights, and Dismounted Knights of Santiago to the game for recruitment
    Changed export_units.txt and export_units.txt.strings.bin in the text folder to include new unit descriptions for new units

Screenshots

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255214

Optional Mods Included

Installation instructions are the same as for the main KGCME above, save that you have to navigate and copy the appropriate data folder found in the respective optional mod folder.

Burning Ammo for Catapult, Trebuchet, and Grand Bombard
    Extended Burning Men Effect
    Improved Torch Lighting Effect
    Inquisitor Reversion - Hunt Faction Leaders and Heirs
    More Siege Engines Per Unit Mod
    Permanent Arrows on Battle Map
    Sherwood Archers Recruitable

For a list of optional mods included for your use, please see the readme found in the main folder for expanded description and suggested use.

Continued Development

May be adding:
    -Crimson Tide - blood and particle effect mod
    -Real Horses - if permission can be attained
    -Zero's Horde Script when completed
    -Optional Mods: Alternate Campaign starting scenarios, such as expanded England into France, or more rebel settlements for France for tougher human French campaign
    -Optional Mod: Possibly altering the Aztec Faction to slave, and adding in another faction to the game
    -Adding more diverse loading screens
    -Possibly Adding in new faction shields/icons
    -Adding more/expanded loading qoutes
    -Possibly adding more units/new skins
    -Optional Mod: Adding fire arrows back in for archers (please not Dave added this back in for KGCM 4.1 for elite archers).

Feedback and Suggestions

If you have any feedback, suggestions for mods to include or as an optional sub-mod please post them here.

Bug Reports

This mod release has been thoroughly tested by myself and is completely bug free as far as I know. However, if you find that you encounter any oversight or bug while playing after the installation of this mod, please let me know and will correct this as soon as possible. Please include your error log.

Special Thanks and Credits

Finally, a special thanks to Dave Scareface for all the work he has done to gift us this wonderful playground for our enjoyment and to the following authors who have generously allowed their work to be included for this release.

Pawel The Crusader - Dismounted Knights Hospitaller, Templar for the Crusaders Campaign
    zhumin1978 - Dismounted Knights Orders Mod
    Last edited by FortressofRain; July 31, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: KGCME V.4.1 Download and Feedback Thread

Would this be compatible with SF's Horde submod?

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Also, I love the new faction idea.

Do you have thoughts on what faction it might be?
    Userprobe used his free faction slot to add Saxons.
    I personally think a German sub-faction would be cool.
    Just as cool would be another muslim faction, or another russian faction (novgorod)

Would this be compatible with SF's Horde submod?
    Yes. It is.

As for the possibilities of new factions, that is open for discussion and is something I really haven't begun developing yet.

I think the first thing I might do is add in an alternate map, or a changed map to make the French faction a challenge and playable.

with the new faction what method will you be taking to get it as the current ui will only hold 29 factions which we are at .. the hard codded limit is actually 31 so will you be redoing the ui control or will you attempt to put the faction in vias a shadow faction ??

and thanks for getting this up i was just to lazy to convert it myself i would plus rep you for the work but already did just plus rep you before so i have to wait

EdIT damn i cant be lazy i have to do it myself LOL as the CBUR 4 KGCM uses a different MDB so to use this would convert my byzantium to the vanillia units again i dont want that they look PRETTY unless you want to do a compatable version for that or i guess i could do it myself and just attach the mdb files here for those who wish to use both up to you

PS i now have 4 versions of 4.1 running at the same time got to give them all different names so i know what i am playing or testing with
    Last edited by Soul Firez; August 01, 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Koljan's Avatar Senator

haha.
    SF - as he said a new faction would come on account of aztecs, turning them rebel.

Ah yes missed that part i was hoping he might have ben having a go at the ui control part as well we have 2 spots possible to be gained (of course no room in the edu for different units but i am sure some creative work could still make atleast one more good faction from what we have

OK i have tried it out so far it seems flawless the main mod part ill rep you when i am able to again also i have made a mdb thats compatable to this and to my CBUR 4 KGCM files if you want it i can throw it here and you can add it to the first post as some people may wish to use both submods

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Koljan View Post
    Also, I love the new faction idea.

Do you have thoughts on what faction it might be?
    Userprobe used his free faction slot to add Saxons.
    I personally think a German sub-faction would be cool.
    Just as cool would be another muslim faction, or another russian faction (novgorod)
    I really don't like the Aztecs as they never interact with Europe on a worthwhile level, so I support there removal (assuming the relocation of the New World to closer to the Old World, as was discussed a bit a while back, isn't to be done).

I love the idea of a new faction in the west, but I think somewhere in France or perhaps even between France and Germany would be good to cut the strength of the French a bit, as unlike the Germans, who are surrounded by 5 or 6 potential enemies, France has few threats or "annoyances".
    Last edited by Frunk; August 03, 2009 at 04:09 AM.

Sorry but I am very confused! Is this the same mod as this one? http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...n-Mod-4-1.html

hmm well this part here is a sub mod of 4.1 but that indeed does look like the same kingdoms mod as this ?? dave did you give permission for someone to use your work

Rhythalion's Avatar Libertus

It CTD'd for me on the splash screen LOL. I must have a sub-mod that's not compatible running.

Lemme see.... what am I running....

Return of the Horde
    KGCME 4.1 (XAI compatible)
    XBAI 3.4 <- pre fix
    XCAI 3.4 <- pre fix (didn't want to stop my campaign)
    Visual Improvement Pack for 4.1 (with Real Horses added)
    Vanilla Campaign Map textures... to smooth FPS on campaign map.

Must have been something in the Visual Improvement Pack?
    Team Member of LOTR:TW, Beta Tester for some others

I don't know, you'll have to check which files my mod overwrote and if any of the other mods have similar files. You would then need to edit manually, but yes it sounds like something from the visual improvement pack as I modded the battle_models.modeldb file. That is the likely culprit. Everything else, SHOULD be compatible. You'd have to double check yourself. I know the horde and XAI are compatible. I use both.

i doubt it would crash at splash screen because of mdb, mdb error it either crashes straight out if you have made mistake in the mdb (which you havent ) or it will crash when that unit is attempted to be refrenced eg when a battle is loading..

hey rhy if you cant get it to work just put back your vanillia files and ill send you a pm on how to make whatever knight you like a dismounted version its very easy to do will take about 5 min mate

^ He's right. I wasn't being very presice. A CTD on splash screen ussually means there is a problem with the EDB or EDU. You will have to check them manually. That means that one of the other mods probably has one of these files in it that this mod overides.

In addition, one thing I submit for review is that I intentionally left highland rabble in the game at the lowest castle barracks level along with town militia. An oversight was that I also left them in in the second level barracks along with town militia, highlanders, and pikemen. That seems like a lot of men and I'd rather see the ai recruiting better units and saving money, but the perk is that it can build larger armies by leaving in the additional units. For balance what do you all think is better?

yes now those files may indeed be the problem as yep yep yep they will crash it at the splash screen many has ben the time tinkering i have put myself through that crash

So yes do as forrest instructed look at your download of visuals enhancement as if if that uses a different EDB which i dont think it will and the edu will be different but it should work as visuals doesnt touch the edu perplexing can you put your log entry here mate i like a good puzzle

Edit you sure you have XCAI XBAI installed because thefiles there if you use XAI version of this mod without the XBAI will indeed cause crash as you specified
    Last edited by Soul Firez; August 07, 2009 at 01:05 AM.

Rhythalion's Avatar Libertus

Yah both XCAI and XBAI were installed, but i'm remedying the issue now with a reinstall of KGCM lolz, I was playing everything else fine so by the looks of things its just the visual improvement pack, but I can live without that

I'm lazy and usually forget to backup hehe. But i'll check out the Visual pack again anyway
    Team Member of LOTR:TW, Beta Tester for some others

So, the next thing I am working on for this mod right now is taking out a few redundant units (like peasant archers when they are the same as archer militia), adjusting the cost for the archer militia units (peasant archers = 200, archer militia = 250 but same upkeep and stats). I am also grabbing a few new skins from bunched of other mods that I personally like better than the ones present, cleaning up the mdb and edu.

I was also thinking about perhaps creating a French player-oriented game, where I would possibly add in another faction, Arogon maybe, and reduce the starting provinces that the French start out with. This would help keep the french from invading east-Iberia early on, as I always do, maybe give Bourodox region to England, and make a few other provinces like Toulouse densly rebel settled. This would really force the player to encounter a big and strong England, HRE, Castile and Aragon? Any suggustions?

Koljan's Avatar Senator

I had the same problem with some submods.
    What I do is access KGCM folder and instead of running thr KGCM shortcut i am running the batch file.

It works for me with all the submods listed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast