Thread: To Indian Ocean (Khwarezmian AAR)

Default To Indian Ocean (Khwarezmian AAR)

VH/H. Year 1174.

So, I have received the fertile lands of Khwarezm in rule. Having thought that the exit to the Indian Ocean will be the fine decision for country prosperity, I have decided to direct the armies directly on the south. From this point on the exit to ocean became at the head of all my policy. Fortunately, between my possession and ocean “neutral” provinces lay, and it allowed me to carry out the plans, without entering the conflict to other factions (in this campaign I am guided by a rule never to attack other factions the first).

It was necessary to make it quickly to occupy coast before other fractions, as to quarrel I with anybody did not want. Solve such problem cavalries could only. And here the armies of Khwarezm consisting of nomads of Ma Wara'un-Nahr, a fast march have moved to a campaign.

Certainly, to stretch state borders, leaving not protected sides, it was dangerous. And I have taken care of it. Two armies have stopped expansion of Great Seljuks in the South-West and Gaznevids in the east, quickly having grasped regions: Merv, Mashad, Tus, Nishapur, Balkh, Firuzkuh, Bost and Kandahar.

Without having a large army because of a lack of money resources, I used one simple tactics for a capture of cities for one turn. Group, approximately in 1,5-2 times smaller on number, than city garrison, I besieged a city. Naive warriors of garrison, seeing the advantage in quantity, left in the field, and have always been broken (here me very well the khwarezmian heavy cavalry gained).

War with Imamate Of Oman

Approximately in 1180 I have received an exit in the Indian Ocean through a province Turbat.

Omani, probably dissatisfied with my expansion, attacked my city Birjand. Well, it has helped me as I could seize now also the coast belonging to Omani. In three battles I have broken armies of Omani, and have grasped all their provinces in Iran. Since then Omani did not undertake any attempts to return lost, and war on this site of a map was only formal.

War with Great Seljuks

Approximately through two turns after Omani have begun war with me, the army of Seljuks has besieged my city Birjand. It has forced me to throw all available means exclusively on war.
    The victory over Omani in Iran has allowed to throw the released armies on the western front. The cavalry of Khwarezm tempered in fights broke all counter armies of Seljuks, and I took their cities, one after one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alert from the East

When war in the West stormed, the life in the East of the country flew peacefully and carelessly. Gaznevds deprived by me of possibility to grasp “neutral” provinces, has stopped in the primary borders. They will extend at the expense of the lands of Ghorids did not want and concealed silent rage on my country which consisted in constant refusal on the conclusion of the trading contract.

Approximately in 1190 Ghorids have seized province Quetta, and their southern neighbours of Sindh have conquered province Bela, having received with my state the general borders. Two these fractions waged at this time war with each other in which good luck was on party Ghorids.
    In 1191 the avant-guard of army of Ghorids has intruded in my province Kandahar and has besieged a city. Towards to Ghorids there was an army of the subjugator of the East of Inalchuq which has broken army besieging a city and has destroyed two more large armies of Ghorids at castle Quetta, also having grasped and the castle.

Victories of the Inalchuq have inclined a bowl of scales in favour of Sindh, and Ghorids began gradually to them to lose. While these fight among themselves a dog and a cat, our borders in the East are quiet.

Death of shah Muhammad

In year 1195 the great shah Muhammad has suddenly died. He has died natural death or it there were intrigues of enemies, it remains secret. The message about death of the great governor and the commander has saddened nice victories of Khwarezm. It is a pity, Muhammed and was not in time will get acquainted with Mongols (as was in the true history).

Year 1200

On a boundary of centuries we will sum up.

The state of Khwarezm Shahs became one of the largest and strong in region. Prompt expansion long time did not allow to develop economy as all means went on payment of mercenaries. However now, having received safe borders in the North, the East and the South, the country has possibility to receive high incomes and to invest them in development.

Three armies headed by skilled commanders protect country borders.

Great Seljuks in the West lose war, and their crash time business only…

Last edited by Alejandro Sanchez; September 23, 2009 at 01:35 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: To Indian Ocean (Khwarezmian AAR)

Great to see another fine AAR! I'm playing Khwarezmian campaign since two months now (lack of spare time), so I'm glad to compare some our military doctrines. Question: what difficulty did you choose?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Great to see another fine AAR! I'm playing Khwarezmian campaign since two months now (lack of spare time), so I'm glad to compare some our military doctrines. Question: what difficulty did you choose?
    Thanks! I have chosen: very hard for strat map and hard for tactic map (essentially, as it do not agree that at armies of AI the morals always will be above, than at my armies).

:o

Nice game you've got there, and good AAR. You steamrolled the opposition... :o

Nvm, missed your whole first post
    I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced,
    exterminate the spiritual force of all that challange,
    I'm the lyrical apocolypse that crumbles the granit,
    replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.