Thread: Unit Mini Preview: Boghulcuud

Default Unit Mini Preview: Boghulcuud

Unit Mini Preview: Boghulcuud

Boghulcuud:
    Forming one of the lowest classes of Mongol society, these Boghul or serfs would be levied in times of need to fill up the numbers in large scale campaigns or bulk out local police actions led by nobles. These bands consist predominantly of ethnic groups that dwelt in what had been prior to the Mongol invasions, the Persian world, stretching from Transoxania to Iraq. These men of many nations are now no more than slaves under the yoke of their Mongol masters. Equipped with the simplest of equipment in the traditional Persian levy style they carry a reed shield which is large, light and cheap. The spear is a simple practical weapon that requires little skill at arms, efficient against both infantry and cavalry. Without armour, training or much willpower to fight they group together in large fearful masses, although no doubt some of them pray for a quick end to their unlucky existence.

-Sumskilz
    As in the case of the Ildütei Saicud, I used parts from the Rusichi mod as a starting point. The Boghulcuud posed a greater challenge however as the Rusichi mod contains no Middle Eastern units. The biggest obstacle was coming up with suitable faces.

Qalansuwa Shashiya – a quilted hat of Transoxanian origin popular throughout dar al-Islam (the land of Islam) in medieval times, it was often wrapped in a turban.

Sikke, a tall felt hat also worn by the Mevlevi (Whirling Dervishes) in which context it symbolizes a tombstone.

Credits:

Model and Textures: Sumskilz incorporating the work of Ronin and Lance of the Rusichi mod.

Unit Concept: Hross and Sumskilz

Unit Description: Hross
    Last edited by Resurrection; August 18, 2009 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Default Re: Unit Mini Preview: Boghulcuud

Pretty sweet! The hats add a whole other element of detail to a great unit. You are very meticulous sumskilz!
    'Sup Gentlemen...
    "Militant" Atheist (Just kidding)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
    My Political Profile http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8819965#post8819965

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice, any possibility to see some Bohemian units?

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I like them a lot! Will these troops also be available to the Great Seljuks in the Persian region (perhaps as an AOR unit?)? Or will they be a solely Mongol unit?

nice man

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Lol, these poor guys don't run away when being immolated alive ;d? I feel for them
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Very nice, any possibility to see some Bohemian units?
    Yeah, eventually. I haven't had a chance to go over the unique Bohemian faction units yet. The researchers have come up with concepts for about 450 units, so you can imagine they're not all in my head yet. The next preview you see will be units that are available to most of the predominately Catholic factions, including Bohemia. They will be the debut of Pacco's texturing work with DotS. If, you've seen his work elsewhere, then you know they're going to be good.

I like them a lot! Will these troops also be available to the Great Seljuks in the Persian region (perhaps as an AOR unit?)? Or will they be a solely Mongol unit?
    They will be an AOR unit available to the Mongols. Something similar will also be available to the Seljuks. This is a complicated question because the Il-Khanate is a potential transition for the Seljuk faction. Keep in mind that Seljuk rule was considerably less oppressive than Mongol rule. The Seljuks were already Muslim at the time of their invasion and so they shared many values with their subjects. Some historians argue that Sejuk rule was in fact the height of a Persian renaissance. In order to maintain legitimacy the Seljuks were big patrons of Persian arts and Culture. They also left most of the business of day to day governing to the Persian bureaucracy and local aristocrats (the mawali of the Caliphate), some of whose families had maintained their local importance since the time of the Sassanids. If the Seljuk and Mongol peasant levies end up being too similar and we're short on unit slots, we may decide to combine them, but as it stands these guys are a Mongol unit.

Lol, these poor guys don't run away when being immolated alive.
    The less crispy ones did run away right after that. I don't have a screen capturing program or anything; that was just a lucky screenshot with the "Print Screen" button.
    Last edited by sumskilz; July 31, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

can you please make any georgian unit preview? i really want to see what georgias got in this mod

awsome units BTW!

can you please make any georgian unit preview? i really want to see what georgias got in this mod
    There will be.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Yeah, eventually. I haven't had a chance to go over the unique Bohemian faction units yet. The researchers have come up with concepts for about 450 units, so you can imagine they're not all in my head yet. The next preview you see will be units that are available to most of the predominately Catholic factions, including Bohemia. They will be the debut of Pacco's texturing work with DotS. If, you've seen his work elsewhere, then you know they're going to be good.
    Indeed. I am so looking forward to that.

Senator

Another excellent piece of work from Sumskilz.
    Keep the previews coming guys!

Incredibly great again, Sumskilz. + Rep for your work.

Nice work Sumskilz! I hope you have the juice(time and energy) to keep those fantastic units coming!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice units!

Fantastic work!!

Really like those superb created faces !!
    Hope you can keep this show of quality throughout the whole creating process !
    Grtz.&.Thnx.4.sharing