Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTR-AqD screenshots

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default RTR-AqD screenshots

In RTR-AqD mod, you'll experience massive colourful battles of highly-detailed ancient armies. Old empires are slowly dying, and new powerful kingdoms are rising, trying to divide Alexander's legacy among themselves. Prepare to fight!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Scripted armies in campaign mode will not allow you to feel yourself bored!

Should be more screens later...
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 01, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: RTR-AqD screenshots

thread sticked! and thanks!

PS: the free people armies are not scripted and I don't give them any extra money. I have no idea why they're so rich! Is SPQR in vanilla RTW also like that?
    Last edited by AqD; July 30, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by aqd
    PS: the free people armies are not scripted and I don't give them any extra money. I have no idea why they're so rich! Is SPQR in vanilla RTW also like that?
    SPQR in vanilla is rich too. But maybe AI cheats? I'm playing on Very Hard, and when I destroyed one of their fullstacks (you can see the place of famous victory on the map), then suddenly two new stacks appeared from the forest! How many stacks have you added them exactly?
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    SPQR in vanilla is rich too. But maybe AI cheats? I'm playing on Very Hard, and when I destroyed one of their fullstacks (you can see the place of famous victory on the map), then suddenly two new stacks appeared from the forest! How many stacks have you added them exactly?
    Only the original rebel armies. Those without experience 5+ are all their new recruits!

But they don't matter anyway! Bunch of peasant farmers and irregulars!

BTW have you encountered any after-siege CTD? I just happened to have one and I had to retreat and auto-resolve one battle (and destroyed my best armies! the "auto_win" cheat really sucks ). Since I had no army left I auto-resolved all incoming Seleucid stacks until my army restored the original strength.... but half of Seleucid military force on the chart were all gone!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I've killed their best troops, and new recruits are not so experienced:

Hmm... I haven't encountered after-siege CTD yet. Hope it was a pure accident. Good luck in conquering Seleucid Empire
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    BTW have you encountered any after-siege CTD? I just happened to have one and I had to retreat and auto-resolve one battle (and destroyed my best armies! the "auto_win" cheat really sucks ). Since I had no army left I auto-resolved all incoming Seleucid stacks until my army restored the original strength.... but half of Seleucid military force on the chart were all gone!
    You mean the exterminate/enslave/occupy ctd?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

how did you beat that?!

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    You mean the exterminate/enslave/occupy ctd?
    yes! It only happens when my siege army is attacked, sometimes 2 or 3 times in one turn (I always do that to avoid bloody siege assault! ).
    Last edited by AqD; July 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

how did you beat that?!
    My archers make some of their elephants running amok, then these furious beasts turned back to trumple their own forces! Impressive spectacle!

Another battle when I used the same tactics:

However, I wasn't so lucky this morning :

P.S. > I couldn't see composition of their second army (in the red rectangle) due to limitations of RTW engine, so I reloaded previous save-game to spy. Those guys with question marks also had experience 7+...
    I suffered heaviest losses of the whole Indian campaign, and all my cavalrymen were gone
    P.P.S. > There still are A LOT of their fullstacks in India! And damned Seleucids are going to attack me from the west
    Last edited by Lanjane; July 31, 2009 at 04:27 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

My archers make some of their elephants running amok, then these furious beasts turned back to trumple their own forces! Impressive spectacle!
    But sometimes my arrows just have no effect on them! I had to bring persian hillmen to slice them by axe! (they still took a lot of cuts to die!)

P.S. > I couldn't see composition of their second army (in the red rectangle) due to limitations of RTW engine, so I reloaded previous save-game to spy. Those guys with question marks also had experience 7+...
    I suffered heaviest losses of the whole Indian campaign, and all my cavalrymen were gone
    P.P.S. > There still are A LOT of their fullstacks in India! And damned Seleucids are going to attack me from the west
    But why do you bring cavalry to india? Did you order them to charge into elephants?

I have a new pic from Syria!

The Seleucid has been beaten so badly that they have to call those puny Machimoi to provide heavy cavalry! Even outnumbering by 4 to 1 they cannot hurt my general bodyguards

My median nobles and persian hcav are sent for rest and replenishment! Otherwise I'd have killed them all... so many run away from my sight...
    Last edited by AqD; July 31, 2009 at 07:00 AM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

But why do you bring cavalry to india? Did you order them to charge into elephants?
    Of course not... They were killed by enemy persian eugeneis hippeis with exp 7+
    I have a new pic from Syria!
    Use minimal UI and then press F5, F6 and F7 to remove interface completely, for best screenshots
    BTW army of my kingdom consists mostly of foot archers... About 60% of the summar military forces. They are cheap and allow me to keep constructing new buildings. Others are militia for city garrisons and some phalangites
    Last edited by Lanjane; July 31, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Of course not... They were killed by enemy persian eugeneis hippeis with exp 7+
    Usually I'd send light cavarly to trick them running around my archers and get shooted to death! But I doubt you could do that when there are dozens of elephants charging toward your line!

They're only good because they use secondary weapon for melee! same for galatians! If other cavalry do that too I'll have lost every battles against seleucid

Use minimal UI and then press F5, F6 and F7 to remove interface completely, for best screenshots
    Umm can I switch between mini-UI and normal UI during battles? I can't really play with mini-UI because I have to know the guard/skirmish/auto-fire status all the time!

BTW army of my kingdom consists mostly of foot archers... About 60% of the summar military forces. They are cheap and allow me to keep constructing new buildings. Others are militia for city garrisons and some phalangites
    Uh! Why not use the thorakitai and peltastai? The thorakitai are more maneuverable than phalanx (your enemy have no heavy inf for the pikes anyway! ) and petastai are the best elephant killers!

BTW have you tried the guard hoplite? They killed for me more than 100 enemy hoplites on a bridge (not before it ) in a few minutes and suffered no loss! With 2 or 3 of these guys you'd be able to storm any walled cities!

More pics:

The "double column" formation... For those who don't know, The original fancy army formations have been replaced by small group formations, which should be more practical in battles!

The persian nobles that slaughtered Lanjane's cav:

Angry persian pikemen massacring peasant farmers!
    Last edited by AqD; July 31, 2009 at 12:59 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Spoiler for some off-topic discussion.

Umm can I switch between mini-UI and normal UI during battles? I can't really play with mini-UI because I have to know the guard/skirmish/auto-fire status all the time!
    If you press F6 button with minimal UI on, the upper panel will be sticked, and you'll see that information all the time, don't worry about it

Uh! Why not use the thorakitai and peltastai? The thorakitai are more maneuverable than phalanx (your enemy have no heavy inf for the pikes anyway! ) and petastai are the best elephant killers!
    BTW have you tried the guard hoplite? They killed for me more than 100 enemy hoplites on a bridge (not before it ) in a few minutes and suffered no loss! With 2 or 3 of these guys you'd be able to storm any walled cities!
    I'll try them when I finish with those indian guys. I don't recruit peltasts now because enemy uses a lot of indian infantry (archers) and HAs, and I need to provide really superior density of fire to deal with them! So, A LOT of foot archers, some phalangites to protect them and some cavalry... for now - only remaining general's cavalry

The persian nobles that slaughtered Lanjane's cav
    Oh they have axe as a secondary weapon! So cruel...
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I'll try them when I finish with those indian guys. I don't recruit peltasts now because enemy uses a lot of indian infantry (archers) and HAs, and I need to provide really superior density of fire to deal with them! So, A LOT of foot archers, some phalangites to protect them and some cavalry... for now - only remaining general's cavalry
    or you could try the persian cavalry! They have light armour, shields, and a lot of javelins! (skirmisher cav always have more javelins than skirmisher inf)

Oh they have axe as a secondary weapon! So cruel...
    specially made so to counter cataphracts

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

New screens from India!

Battle near Kapisa, 268 BC.
    Brave commander Ziles the Conqueror, who had spent almost three years conquering India, was attacked near Kapisa, by strong indian army full of elephants and furious indian infantry:

The battle began with a massive sledgehammer elephant attack on my left flank:

Nevertheless, veteran phalangites trembled, but did not run, and although the elephants broke their ranks and crushed a lot of soldiers, those who survived, fought staunchly:

Meanwhile, at the center bactrians were attacked by numerous and fierce indian infantry:

During the violent battle many soldiers were killed, and phalangites have already begun to hustle, but the bactrian general evaded the enemy and took indian infantry in rear, causing death and horror:

The Indian army started running, continuously beaten by bactrian archers; many elephants, running amok because of fiery arrows, trampled their own forces. The remaining indians were finished by Ziles' Indian mercenaries and cataphracts.
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 01, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

@Lanjane: can you use toggle_fow to show the mini-map? I wonder how other factions are doing in your campaign! (I attacked east-ward and destroyed the balance )

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd
    Yes I can, but I don't like to use toggle_fow cheat as it ruins the whole atmosphere of the game I'll better send you my savegame by PM...

More screens (attached to the first post in topic too)

Last edited by Lanjane; August 01, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Arent those a feww too many elephants? I'm sure stacks with 7 sets of elephants aren't meant to exist.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Caligula Caesar
    There were a lot of elephants in indian army historically. In the battle near river Hidasp with king Por Alexander the Great faced about 200 elephants. Yes of course RTW has another scales, but these elephants are very suitable to the occasion.

EDIT: and I'm playing campaign on Very Hard...
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 01, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Arent those a feww too many elephants? I'm sure stacks with 7 sets of elephants aren't meant to exist.
    It depends on the indian tribes/kingdoms. But so far there is no plan to give Indians some high-quality units.. so the elephants have to be numerous

A New Screen!

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

If you do toggle_fow, do the other regions which the rebel faction holds also have that many full stacks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast