Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: RegionMod 3.0 - Kingdoms Version

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: RegionMod 3.0 - Kingdoms Version and Patches

I think there are entries missing in the data\text\export_vnvs and export_ancillaries. That is going to be a pain to find.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ khrum

You have the same problem as Izob had.
    Sounds like something is wrong with your installation if you can't see any ancillary text.

Try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91919
    and try deleting the .string-files in the Text folder. Can't remember the right names.

Or re-install the mod.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

@ Gigantus

I think it's the string-files for export_vnvs and export_ancillaries that are messed up.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Blog Entries

Then a simple deleting of those string.bin files should fix the problem - I agree.

OK I did a complete re-install in order and the problem is still there. I downloaded the zip file from the link but I don't see where it says to unzip it to. Also I have no idea what the string-files are.

Blog Entries

Did you apply the patches after the re-install? 3.4 and 3.5? That should be all that is needed.

yup I reinstalled the main then both patches in order.

Blog Entries

@Billy
    export_ancillaries.txt --> have a look at the formatting! The text is actually not in the line of the parenthesis entry. Does that work? The vnvs file is "normal".

{christian_brest}Count of Bretagne
    {christian_brest_desc}
    The Lord rules the city of Brest and its surrounding county. A count in the Middle Ages was often appointed by a dux and later by a king. From the start the count was in military charge, not of a roving warband, but settled in a locality, a countship.
    {christian_brest_effects_desc}
    Tax Collection +5%. Another noble with great plans.

Edit: just checked - it works. The Earl of Cork worked nicely.

@Khrum
    I am attaching the two ancillary files of mine that work. Please copy them into your data\text folder of the mod. Accept\click ok when asked if you want to replace\overwrite.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM.

the fact that there's a "}" and then a new line is no problem.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by khrum View Post
    OK I did a complete re-install in order and the problem is still there. I downloaded the zip file from the link but I don't see where it says to unzip it to. Also I have no idea what the string-files are.
    Assuming ur using vista, your string files from RegionMod_Kings are at:

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\RegionMod_Kings

Just so you know.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I got my King to be crowned but may I reccomend a message be made to inform the player to send their king to the captial to be crowned, I had no idea he was the cause of my generals being disloyal because he wasnt the 'official' king. Im also still getting the occational random general going disloyal (for unknow reasons, why cant they be happy when not fighting?), fortunatly they are the minority. My king also has some more authority (4 fists in total) BUT for some reason unknown to me, the king has a trait which causes civil war . With that I lost 2 generals and their loyalty, both who had not been previously been rebelious.

2 things would be really usefull right now:
    1. Able to choose the faction heir.
    2. Able to dismiss, assassinate or reject generals that have gone rebel (0 loyalty) from the royal family.
    Because once a general has 0 loyalty you cant move them (this becomes a problem when they are inside a city) and Im sure some of the empires wages are still being sent to these 'rebel' generals. May I suggest that when generals lose all their loyalty, that they become a rebel general and leave the settlement? That way the rebel general can get supporters for his cause and attack the settlement for his own gain if he wants. Just an Idea.

hmmm but appart from that everything else is going ok but hedjaz and mali still only have 2 regions. I also havnt seen any errors
    Last edited by IZob; September 23, 2009 at 01:35 AM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

@ IZob

1. Impossible in MTW2
    2. Impossible, but you can stick them on a single boat and attack an enemy.

In my game (year 1136) Hedjaz has Mecca, Jedda, Akaba and Bostra.

This is BBB v4.0
    -----
    Dearmad Stuff:
    Added Supply system with assistance from Pnutmaster!
    Added new ways (Fight a battle) for the King to turn a potential rebellion around.
    Added Princesses with their own political designs (trait line to affect their spouses).
    Added Traits to coordinate with new scripted events (Pirates, Noble Council, Bad Harvest, Devaluing of Coinage)
    Added potential for individual Generals to cause an insurrection, without it being a full-scale war.
    Added a BUNCH of new Epithets. Hope you like them. My favorite is "the Grumpy," so far.
    Added more loyalty effect to Court Appointments so that you can control your generals' loyalties since low loyalty is more dangerous now!
    Added many unique History Graphics for notices when Kings ascend to the throne and when princesses come of age.
    Added Guillaume de Sonnac ancillary- look him up, he's a brave Templar Knight!
    If a general conquers Constantinople he may get a Varangian guard ancillary.
    Updated game loading splash screen- the background is now a scanned portion of an actual letter sent by a Byzantine Emperor to the Pope written in gold lettering.
    Checked EVERY SINGLE Trait's possible triggers to ensure balance and that all traits expected to show up WILL show up. This took FOREVER! Grrrr... (Note that some triggers still do not fire due to various gamebalancing reasons, but they are known now).
    Added Virgin to Battle Trigger
    Certain battle acquired traits rebalanced to trigger more often as they used to depend on Heroic victories which are very rare now to most people's mods.
    AI gets slight command bonus, maximum increased sight bonus, and +1 loyalty for all generals.
    Many, many adjustments to ensure better chance of occuring Traits- some less so, some more so.

Pnumster Stuff:
    Added tracking generations which can lead to the founding of an Empirical Dynasty in the fourth generation.
    Added tracking descendent of royalty through female line.
    Added tracking descendents of Sainted (10 pious) Family Members.
    Added a couple new traits and revised triggers for some existing ones.
    Organized file (cleaned up Dearmad's messy order of things)!

v3.3
    -----
    Added in Varangian guard ancillary for those christians powerful enough to conquer Constantinople.

v3.2
    -----
    Fixed Poland acquisition of crown
    Added in "Crowns" for Milan and Venice.
    Added base +1 loyalty to all AI generals after the first generation so they won't go rogue quite as often (poor AI)
    Fixed a few more minor errors noted by users
    Last edited by billydilly; September 23, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. It was my fault I didn't reboot after reloading the main and updates. Once I did everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks everyone for the help.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Even when the new faction leader is in the capital, what message says he is officially "crowned"? I have had two campaigns and I don't remember there a message even in the ancillary/retinue scroll.

He gets an ancillary "Crown of ..."

Maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble with loyal generals.

I started a new campaign, Mansa Musa gets the Privy Seal, but two turns turns later still no Crowm of Mali. While I'm at it first turn the Crown Prince is threatening rebel.

Will you kindly tell me where it is in the ancillaries.txt and how to fix it if it is faction specific? I played around with the ancillaries in RTW a little but not close to what Pnutmaster has done and what you have done to make it work for this mod.

Thank you for adding it. I'm having fun even without the crown.

Edit: I found it. I attached the modified export_descr_ancillaries.txt for the change. I had to change the capital from Tinbuktu to Gao and it works.
    Last edited by irishron; November 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Now that I have fixed the crown, here is a timeline that occurred:
    Turn 2, family member comes of age.
    Turn 3, new family member has king's eye.
    Turn 4, faction heir turn into possible insurgent.
    Turn 6, start moving facion heir to capital.
    Turn 10, faction leader goes to Tinbuktu to take from rebels.
    Turn 15, faction leader takes Tinbutku, faction heir enters capital
    Turn 16, faction heir goes rebel.

Blog Entries

I attached the modified export_descr_ancillaries.txt for the change. I had to change the capital from Tinbuktu to Gao and it works.
    Added to new patch

I just went through the starting character traits of Brahima, faction heir of Mali. LoyaltyStarter. I have seen this in a couple of faction leaders but this is the first faction heir I've seen it. It seems to have the opposite effect of the way it's written and makes him almost instant rebel. Am I wrong?