Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: RegionMod 3.0 - Kingdoms Version

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RegionMod 3.0 - Kingdoms Version and Patches

I have experenced the same as the same as irishron, only as Egypt. Xeryx's XAI has been added to the mod, right?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

@ IZob

sounds like something is wrong with your installation if you can't see any ancillary text.

Try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91919
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

IZob's Avatar Citizen

It says to extract the files into "PRM data folder". Were/what is that?!

Also, I havnt seen any trade ships/trade routes to ports within the campagin map. Year 1115 and still havnt seen any trade ships. This isnt just sicily, I havnt seen any trade ships from any factions.
    Last edited by IZob; September 19, 2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

.. \mods\RegionMod_Kings\data

I have trade routes and I can see all text.

I would re-install the mod if got that many problems..
    Last edited by billydilly; September 19, 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I second that.
    First the full 3.3 version and then the two patches, in sequence please!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

All the text shows up for these old eyes. Do Gigantus' install.

How much do you about computers and file structures?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    All the text shows up for these old eyes. Do Gigantus' install.

How much do you about computers and file structures?
    Reinstalling...

About computers and files, I get the basic jest of file structure and how it all interconnects. But making a script or adding new files to a game is something I wouldn’t have any real clue on how to do, unless I could look back onto something, see how its done, and go from there.

Not saying though that I haven’t already tried

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Did a full reinstall of the mod (deleted all old files), ancillary text is now showing. But still not seeing any trade ships.

Just wondering, is kingdoms patch 1.5 neccessary for this mod? Because I currently dont have it installed.
    Last edited by IZob; September 19, 2009 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries

1. It is for the basic kingdoms version and later.
    2. At the beginning of the there are not enough developed ports to enable sea trade. Please remember that land trade has precedence over sea trade. Meaning that sea trade will not happen with neighbouring regions if they share a land border.

To get sea trade to work decent, you need trade agreements with the other port owners or there won't be enough trade to generate those ships. Shipwright level with the warehouses built on both ports is when you get to see some action.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

So if I build some merchant warehouses buildings I should see some trade ships? So far the water is always empty, even when there are well developed ports, with trade rights and merchant warehouses.

Also I’m finding loyalty and getting command skills, a real pain. Currently I’m playing England (but I also had the same problem when I was playing Sicily, I just didn’t realise it was their traits that was the problem, because back then the traits were not showing for me). I have 1 general (Henry the mean) who constantly loses loyalty from traits. Atm he has no loyalty and now I cant move him from the settlement. His impact on the town he is in is defiantly not good and so I have to keep another general in the settlement to keep a revolt from no happening. When generals are further away from the capital they slowly lose their loyalty, but this is counter attacked when you give them a big responsibility like looking after a large army (I dont alwyas have a large army hanging aroud for them to use!!!!). Generals also lose their loyalty when not used in battles. I find this has been increased allot more then the original game, since I never use all my generals constantly in battle, so I constantly have to keep switching generals around for battles. Once a generals loyalty is below average its just a constant downward spiral. My king isn’t perfect either, since I never wanted him to be the faction heir for the previous King (I had no choice), his impact being disloyal, a terrible commander, low authority and low petty. No doubt its having a really bad impact on my kingdom. There’s also some traits that speak of civil war because of the generals/kings low loyalty. Pretty much, the hole loyalty part I’m finding very hard to control. Sometimes I rather leaving all my generals outside my bases, because of the fear that the will make a revolt on my settlement.

Ive also noticed in two different campaigns that France easily dominates all over western Europe, taking practically all the rebel settlements and is then easily able to fund huge armies and lots of construction. While England and the scoots fight each other and eventually get destroyed (well that’s the outcome I’m expecting). Maybe the rebel settlements are to hard for the English to take over early in the game, and so for France who start with 3 more settlements then England, they get the upper hand because they don’t get challenged by anyone in the game (not until when many of the rebel settlements are taken and one of the neighbouring factions decides to make a hit). I would recommend that England start off with 4 settlements (instead of 3) so that they can: 1. hold against France 2. hold against the scoots 3. have enough power to fully combine all of (or most of) Englands rebel settlements before being overwhelmed by the French. All of Englands west rebel settlements have tough units inside (soem with heavy mail armour) and its really hard for england to take them, especially in the early stage when their own units are weak (town spearmen, milita forces).

OH! and also I think the Byzantine empire should be at war with the Turks at the start of the game, instead of being neutral. I got to year 1147 and still neither of the factions were fighting. The Turks had no enemies (after annihiliating Georgia) and the Byzantine were having a skirmish war with venice (venice so far are winning).

And thats todays feedback
    Last edited by IZob; September 20, 2009 at 04:37 AM.

Small walls or big ladders?
    Not sure if this is error or bug, but I'm playing 3.5. Armenia attacking Antioch.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Dam Armenia look ugly. Its like a faction made out of rebel units and Its all brown lol...

@IZob

the loyalty issues are caused by BBBv4. You HAVE to move your Faction Leader to the Capital in order to get crowned, if he isn't crowned your general might/will become disloyal.
    A crowned Faction Leader gets higher Authority. Higher Authority = More loyal generals.

Blog Entries

Small walls or big ladders?

Big ladders

See attachment for fix. Curiously the size of the ladders is linked to the size of the siege tower, and that one was medium. Should have been small.

I think it came from Xeryx's AI - better let him know.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    So if I build some merchant warehouses buildings I should see some trade ships? So far the water is always empty, even when there are well developed ports, with trade rights and merchant warehouses.

Also I’m finding loyalty and getting command skills, a real pain. Currently I’m playing England (but I also had the same problem when I was playing Sicily, I just didn’t realise it was their traits that was the problem, because back then the traits were not showing for me). I have 1 general (Henry the mean) who constantly loses loyalty from traits. Atm he has no loyalty and now I cant move him from the settlement. His impact on the town he is in is defiantly not good and so I have to keep another general in the settlement to keep a revolt from no happening. When generals are further away from the capital they slowly lose their loyalty, but this is counter attacked when you give them a big responsibility like looking after a large army (I dont alwyas have a large army hanging aroud for them to use!!!!). Generals also lose their loyalty when not used in battles. I find this has been increased allot more then the original game, since I never use all my generals constantly in battle, so I constantly have to keep switching generals around for battles. Once a generals loyalty is below average its just a constant downward spiral. My king isn’t perfect either, since I never wanted him to be the faction heir for the previous King (I had no choice), his impact being disloyal, a terrible commander, low authority and low petty. No doubt its having a really bad impact on my kingdom. There’s also some traits that speak of civil war because of the generals/kings low loyalty. Pretty much, the hole loyalty part I’m finding very hard to control. Sometimes I rather leaving all my generals outside my bases, because of the fear that the will make a revolt on my settlement.

Ive also noticed in two different campaigns that France easily dominates all over western Europe, taking practically all the rebel settlements and is then easily able to fund huge armies and lots of construction. While England and the scoots fight each other and eventually get destroyed (well that’s the outcome I’m expecting). Maybe the rebel settlements are to hard for the English to take over early in the game, and so for France who start with 3 more settlements then England, they get the upper hand because they don’t get challenged by anyone in the game (not until when many of the rebel settlements are taken and one of the neighbouring factions decides to make a hit). I would recommend that England start off with 4 settlements (instead of 3) so that they can: 1. hold against France 2. hold against the scoots 3. have enough power to fully combine all of (or most of) Englands rebel settlements before being overwhelmed by the French. All of Englands west rebel settlements have tough units inside (soem with heavy mail armour) and its really hard for england to take them, especially in the early stage when their own units are weak (town spearmen, milita forces).

OH! and also I think the Byzantine empire should be at war with the Turks at the start of the game, instead of being neutral. I got to year 1147 and still neither of the factions were fighting. The Turks had no enemies (after annihiliating Georgia) and the Byzantine were having a skirmish war with venice (venice so far are winning).

And thats todays feedback
    The points you make now are personal choices. I like it fine the way it is. You do have my permission to mod it for your personal preferences in your personal copy. If you think yhis mod is bad, you should have been here when it got abandoned two years ago.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @IZob

the loyalty issues are caused by BBBv4. You HAVE to move your Faction Leader to the Capital in order to get crowned, if he isn't crowned your general might/will become disloyal.
    A crowned Faction Leader gets higher Authority. Higher Authority = More loyal generals.
    thx, bd. Ill try that.

The below pic shows some of the problems I was having. Most were fixed with the newest patch, but the traits not showing is still a problem I am having.
    http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...TWmovement.jpg

Does he have more retinue than that? That's all some of mine get.

Thats the only one but the vertical line is the details of the shield. No info is showing on any of these retinue.