Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: The Hobbit 2011-2012

That will ruin the whole movie...

HarneY's Avatar Semisalis

No just no the outcome of this movie would be an abomination

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I will hate them for life if Bilbo, or incidentally, any of the cast, have American accents. No offence to the yanks on here, but that's just how i feel.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

I think the first one would end maybe with Bilbo rescuing the dwarves from the spiders, and then having the dwarves get taken into Thranduil's caves. Bilbo would be wandering alone, and you could see Gandalf meeting with the rest of the White Council maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I can kind of see why they would choose Tobey Maguire. He looks similar to Frodo and would have a similar sort of personality on screen (from what we've seen in Spiderman and LOTR). Except Tobey Maguire is a bit more wimpy.

But I agree! Bad move, but I doubt it's true, I have not seen thisa article anywhere but on one of the two links you showed me. I'm sure Del Torro meets with many actors, being at the top of the movie biz, and we should not assume that Del Torro's future meetings will all be about The Hobbit. This is just one of them rumours, like the Rowan Atkinson as Bilbo rumour.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    I can kind of see why they would choose Tobey Maguire. He looks similar to Frodo and would have a similar sort of personality on screen (from what we've seen in Spiderman and LOTR). Except Tobey Maguire is a bit more wimpy.

But I agree! Bad move, but I doubt it's true, I have not seen thisa article anywhere but on one of the two links you showed me. I'm sure Del Torro meets with many actors, being at the top of the movie biz, and we should not assume that Del Torro's future meetings will all be about The Hobbit. This is just one of them rumours, like the Rowan Atkinson as Bilbo rumour.

Evan
    Did you mean Bilbo? Or are you saying Bilbo when he was young would have looked like Frodo?

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post

Evan
    Well maby he is similar to Frodo! Yes, but the problem then is, that Frodo is not similar to Bilbo, excepting that they both were adventurers!
    But I hope you are right about rumours! Let's wait! Casting should not be too far away!

Ohh! And merry Christmas to everyone!

Raiven

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    Well maby he is similar to Frodo! Yes, but the problem then is, that Frodo is not similar to Bilbo, excepting that they both were adventurers!
    But I hope you are right about rumours! Let's wait! Casting should not be too far away!
    Tobey Maguire: 'Hobbit' reports 'not accurate at all'

Thank God! Another casting rumor disproved!
    We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
    - Charlie Chaplin

Captain Iglo's Avatar Civis

Casting for Extras has already started!

Oh christ, not James McAvoy! :O He annoys me so bloody much.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Iglo View Post
    Casting for Extras has already started!
    YEP!

Guillermo wants you for The Hobbit

BTW instead of BS blogs filled with fake rumors, go check the site above (click on pic) for real, accurate infos.

These guys have direct connexions & insiders around Peter Jackson & Co. since 1998. Respect. They even had a cast member (Christopher Lee, Saruman) as member! + many others from Weta & all, just like TWC with CA.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

btw, PJ is now Sir PJ

Captain Iglo's Avatar Civis

Yeap! Also casting for lead roles has also started and Elrond, Gollum and Gandalf are out of the list as these roles have been given to the same actors as in the trilogy. There is one problem though... The plan is that shooting will hopefully begin this June. But as Metro Goldwyn Mayer, one of the greatest Hollywood studios, has depts of around $4 Billion and has put itself up for sale, if they don't find a buyer soon it will have to be delayed several months.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Iglo View Post
    Yeap! Also casting for lead roles has also started and Elrond, Gollum and Gandalf are out of the list as these roles have been given to the same actors as in the trilogy. There is one problem though... The plan is that shooting will hopefully begin this June. But as Metro Goldwyn Mayer, one of the greatest Hollywood studios, has depts of around $4 Billion and has put itself up for sale, if they don't find a buyer soon it will have to be delayed several months.
    Ouch... MGM is bankrupt (see this article form Themovieblog.com, seems serious) and sinking like the Titanic. A very bad partner choice from PJ. I wished he stayed with New Line instead of suing them for marketing income issues. Greed, greed...

@ Beregond: Really? by the Queen? Cool. That's the 2nd famous Kiwi who's been "made", after Sir Edmund Hillary, the conqueror of Mt. Everest. I guess PJ's gonna be on kiwi $ bills like EH. He already has his own stamp.

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

faccckkk their bankrupt.
    Computer specifications -
    GPU: GTX 780
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k overclocked @ 4 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme 4

Viggo and Ian should definitely return.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

This guy would be great for Beorn
    http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/9408...raawwrrrr.html

Quote Originally Posted by desley View Post

AGREED!

srsly if i see him in the movie, im gonna laugh for weeks

Brian Cox would be awesome as a dwarf or the mayor, too bad he is chubby or else he'd be good for the Bard as well