Page 8 of 266 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit Trilogy 2012-2014

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The Hobbit 2011-2012

i just hope this goes well, and is coherent with the film trilogy, i understand that Del Toro is different from PJ, but if the Hobbit looks different from the LOTR films it won't connect very well. I cant wait though, its coming out in 2011 right?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    viggo mortensen for aragorn there is no other man he did great in the other films.i hope you know the movies will focus around aragorn and not only bilbo.

I have to disagree.. It might seem odd, but in Born of Hope, Christopher Dane took command of the Arathorn character and did it remarkably well. So well I think he could portray a very very convincing Aragorn.. He even looks slightly like Viggo's Aragorn if the lighting is right.

I hope whomever they might get to play whomever are absolutely awesome. Orlando Bloom should play Thranduil though, he's matured (ever so slightly ) since taking on Legolas, and made a very good Elf, and he wouldn't be playing the same character at all, father and son were shockingly different...

Brian Blessed to play Beorn though

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    I have to disagree.. It might seem odd, but in Born of Hope, Christopher Dane took command of the Arathorn character and did it remarkably well. So well I think he could portray a very very convincing Aragorn.. He even looks slightly like Viggo's Aragorn if the lighting is right.

I hope whomever they might get to play whomever are absolutely awesome. Orlando Bloom should play Thranduil though, he's matured (ever so slightly ) since taking on Legolas, and made a very good Elf, and he wouldn't be playing the same character at all, father and son were shockingly different...

Brian Blessed to play Beorn though

I second that...

Brian blesses would be awesome!

Ian McKellan has read the Hobbit script and he thinks "its very much up to scratch". So im taking his word for it and raising my expectations

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I have to disagree, Brian Blessed may look the part, but i don't think his voice will fit the part. This guy however...

Beorn?
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Captain Iglo's Avatar Civis

Yeah! He'd do the role great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reginald View Post
    I have to disagree, Brian Blessed may look the part, but i don't think his voice will fit the part. This guy however...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Beorn?
    I can already imagine faces of people who saw LOTR films, but never read single Tolkien book: WTF is Hagrid doing in Middle-Earth?!?!

If I had to decide I wouldn't choose him. He is just too firmly associated with Harry Potter to be convincing as Beorn. That would just distract audience.
    We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
    - Charlie Chaplin

Yeah but he has the right body and he doesen't even need to transform into a bear to look like one! Paint him black and you have the black bear that Beorn transforms into!

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

The Governator of Cauliflower as bard!

Quote Originally Posted by irishviking5 View Post
    i heard that there was going to be two movies and the second would bridge the gap. the first would be the hobbit and hopefully true to the book. also aragorn would be an old teenager or young man at the time of the hobbit. he might have still been growing up in rivendell.

Actually, he would have only been 10 at the time of the hobbit. Aragorn was born in 2931 T.A.. Smaug was killed in 2941 T.A. and the quest began in 2940.

Quote Originally Posted by irishviking5 View Post
    i heard that there was going to be two movies and the second would bridge the gap. the first would be the hobbit and hopefully true to the book. also aragorn would be an old teenager or young man at the time of the hobbit. he might have still been growing up in rivendell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haerski View Post
    Guillermo del Toro confirmed a long time ago the Hobbit will be split in two films so there won't be "bridge"-movie.
    Though there was one rumor going around which said Jackson himself would direct third film which fills the gap, but I think that was confirmed false too.
    We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in: machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little: More than machinery we need humanity; More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
    - Charlie Chaplin

Many rumors were going around this. Even that of making the silmarilion into 5 movies. Anyway, Jackson has talked about 2 scripts(the first is done and handed over to Warner Bros and the second will be finished in February) so only 2 movies. Also, he stated that the second will begin after a very specific event that all who have read the Hobbit can guess. I've read it and i am between 2: after they leave the mountains or before they enter Mirkwood?
    He said that it's clear!

I'd say before they enter Mirkwood, because that's when Gandalf leaves them.

Now that i think of it again, if it's before they enter Mirkwood then the second will be too long because they'll include the part where Gandalf travels to Dol Guldur.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Maybe after they escape in the barrels?
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

It would be too short i think after the escape. Maybe not, i don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Actually, he would have only been 10 at the time of the hobbit. Aragorn was born in 2931 T.A.. Smaug was killed in 2941 T.A. and the quest began in 2940.

Might be an idea to have an ickle Aragorn running around Imladris practising sword fighting with the Twins, or something like that...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Might be an idea to have an ickle Aragorn running around Imladris practising sword fighting with the Twins, or something like that...
    Yes, but only as little funny thing to spot with minimum emphasizing. I don't want to see anything like: "Oh, that boy over there is by the way Aragorn.(wink wink nudge nudge) YOU sure have heard of HIM! You know that once-to-be king of Gondor guy? Geez, I wonder what epic adventures are awaiting him when he grows up!"
    - Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Haerski View Post
    Yes, but only as little funny thing to spot with minimum emphasizing. I don't want to see anything like: "Oh, that boy over there is by the way Aragorn.(wink wink nudge nudge) YOU sure have heard of HIM! You know that once-to-be king of Gondor guy? Geez, I wonder what epic adventures are awaiting him when he grows up!"

Yeah thats what I meant. He could just be in the background somewhere with his mother Gilraen (she was alive at this point, non?) without even really being pointed out. Maybe the most he should get is Elrond mentioning his pseudenym Estel in passing. Nothing drastic

- Ramsay Snow

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

I'm thinking that cutting off at the beginning of Mirkwood will make the film too short. They said taht they would devote at least 40 minutes of screen time to the Battle of Five Armies. And then theres still all the detour stories such as Gandalf's incident with Necromaner and the defeat of Smaug.

I'm not sure how they are going to do this with a balanced time frame.

Evan