Page 4 of 266 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit Trilogy 2012-2014

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Hobbit 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    You hear that mom! Some random guy on the internet, possibly a rapist, said im a genius!

Thank you, I feel better now.
    That's over the borders of joking, it's a personnal offence. Another person would have reported it

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Jools_Jops View Post
    a good example of a book to movie that went bad was Dune.

arguably a brilliant novel (if you like sci-fi and you ignore the sequels where frank herbert went insane) but the movie adaptation did badly because the fans of the Dune novel were all like "ey man, whats all dis [bleep] u chattin?" and the movie going public who never read the book were all like "what in the hell is going on????".
    are you kiddin. what dune movie do you talk about. i know
    there is a quite new movie version but there is thews old very
    awesome version from david lynch from the 80s which was absolutley
    amazing. okay, filmwise but you can't say that this movie went bad.

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    That's over the borders of joking, it's a personnal offence. Another person would have reported it
    ...I thought I was teh funnyz... Ill be good and edit it...
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

B5C's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks like the Hobbit could be delayed even more.

Tolkien Enterprises are releasing cave trolls. Sorry I meant lawyers.

'The Hobbit' Threatened By Tolkien Lawsuit

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to Middle Earth, New Line Cinema and MGM face another lawsuit that could jeopardize production on "The Hobbit." The Guardian reports that J.R.R. Tolkien's heirs are suing the filmmakers for $220 million dollars in unpaid profits from the film trilogy, and trying to terminate further film rights to Tolkien's work due to breach of contract.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/17...lkien-lawsuit/

“Nothing could be more dangerous to the existence of this Republic than to introduce religion into politics”

underxground's Avatar Libertus
    Cocoa, Florida Right across the river from Nasa, I look out my window to watch the shuttle launch.

Good. New line and Mgm and Time Warner are all minions of the dark lord.
    If they didnt pay the Tolkien family what they were owed then they shouldnt be able to make any more movies. They made billions off of his work, they can pay his family what they are due.
    Remember that this is all Tolkiens world, and never side with the greedy corporations.

a good example of a book to movie that went bad was Dune.

arguably a brilliant novel (if you like sci-fi and you ignore the sequels where frank herbert went insane) but the movie adaptation did badly because the fans of the Dune novel were all like "ey man, whats all dis [bleep] u chattin?" and the movie going public who never read the book were all like "what in the hell is going on????".

also it came out after star wars and was hyped as "the next star wars". not a smart move in hindsight.
    Hm I thought the newer versions of Dune and Dune Messiah/Children of Dune movies by Scifi were pretty good except for the low budget production. I just thought they left the real story untold by not coming full circle and making an adaption of the fourth book, God Emperor. I agree with your assessment of the actual book series though, everything after God Emperor seemed excessive and just . Even God Emperor was a stretch but at least it explains what the golden path is, why Leto merges with the baby worm things, etc.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

David Lynch's Dune is widely considered a failure, IMO it's not that bad but it strays too much from the book, which is a great novel. On the other hand I find the Dune tv series very captivating. Do you guys think a Silmarillion tv series could work?

Quote Originally Posted by underxground View Post
    Good. New line and Mgm and Time Warner are all minions of the dark lord.
    If they didnt pay the Tolkien family what they were owed then they shouldnt be able to make any more movies. They made billions off of his work, they can pay his family what they are due.
    Remember that this is all Tolkiens world, and never side with the greedy corporations.
    I'm not siding with the corporations but will the family really get all the money? Come on...

Cocoa, Florida Right across the river from Nasa, I look out my window to watch the shuttle launch.

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    I'm not siding with the corporations but will the family really get all the money? Come on...
    Good to know. I agree that the whole thing is as shady as mirkwood .. but the family should get as much money as they can.
    As a poor college student I can only afford to build my tolkien collection twenty five cents to a dollar at a time. Thrift stores and used book stores are my favorite. Used book stores charge half of cover price .. the books originally sold for fifty cents you get them for a quarter. I have about six different paperback editions of each of the four ring books .. two of silmariliion and the nice new hardback of the Children of Hurin ..... so they arent making any money off of me. The poor guys could use some bucks ... especially if it allows them to find some more unfinished tales...

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The movies really have potential and if they are like The Lord of The Rings it really be a movie worth going for the Cinima for.

Good to know. I agree that the whole thing is as shady as mirkwood .. but the family should get as much money as they can.
    As a poor college student I can only afford to build my tolkien collection twenty five cents to a dollar at a time. Thrift stores and used book stores are my favorite. Used book stores charge half of cover price .. the books originally sold for fifty cents you get them for a quarter. I have about six different paperback editions of each of the four ring books .. two of silmariliion and the nice new hardback of the Children of Hurin ..... so they arent making any money off of me. The poor guys could use some bucks ... especially if it allows them to find some more unfinished tales...
    There will be deals made that will short the family of all the money and I don't like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    There will be deals made that will short the family of all the money and I don't like that at all.
    Thats the way it works here in the fourth (or fifth?) age.
    I think all the elves sailed west because they knew lawyers were coming soon. Probably a profession invented in the depths of moria or mordor, like how Tolkien implies machine guns and other instruments of death and torture were invented by goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    nor a woman beautiful enough to represent Luthien.
    uh, Megan Fox.

Thats the way it works here in the fourth (or fifth?) age.
    I think all the elves sailed west because they knew lawyers were coming soon. Probably a profession invented in the depths of moria or mordor, like how Tolkien implies machine guns and other instruments of death and torture were invented by goblins.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post
    uh, Megan Fox.
    Megan Fox is hot. Like fire.
    But shes not beautiful enough. Beauty needs grace and refinement on top of being pretty.
    Some girls are hot, but only rarely are girls beautiful. Its something else.
    Getting half nekked running from stupid robots doesnt qualify her as beautiful.

Think Audrey Hepburn compared to Paris Hilton.

Megan Fox is hot. Like fire.
    But shes not beautiful enough. Beauty needs grace and refinement on top of being pretty.
    Some girls are hot, but only rarely are girls beautiful. Its something else.
    Getting half nekked running from stupid robots doesnt qualify her as beautiful.

Think Audrey Hepburn compared to Paris Hilton.
    I agree. she (actor) needs to be like Galadriel (not movie but character-wise), very powerful and wise and yet still beautiful. Looks aren't everything.
    Sadly, Hollywood won't listen to my suggestions and I'll be horrified at the theatre.
    Last edited by A1_Unit; July 31, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Jools_Jops's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    are you kiddin. what dune movie do you talk about. i know
    there is a quite new movie version but there is thews old very
    awesome version from david lynch from the 80s which was absolutley
    amazing. okay, filmwise but you can't say that this movie went bad.
    the david lynch film was a flop box office wise and was slammed by critics.

it only appeals to fans or hardcore sci-fi fans.

personally i think its a great film.
    In the year of Four Kings, Rothgar and Wulfric were laid to rest.
    Heroes in the war against the Moorwens.
    And Kainan, once a stranger to us, became king.

He took for himself a wife and a boy, who became as his own son.

But only I knew his secret.
    That the gods had sent us Kainan.
    And when it came time to return to them...

...he chose to stay with us instead.

the david lynch film was a flop box office wise and was slammed by critics.

it only appeals to fans or hardcore sci-fi fans.

personally i think its a great film.
    Its like your looking into the future of the movie version of the silmarillion.

when i was talking of the fall of gondolin i was talking about this event that lead to the fall of gondolin.

Ian Holm will probably be too old for F'ildo D'aggins. i would like to see a younger actor.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo