Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit Trilogy 2012-2014

Default Re: The Hobbit 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    hm i hope you are joking about aragorn, frodo and sam.
    but Ian Holm is way to old now for playing an even younger
    bilbo - no way he'll make it in the movie. de is nearly 80 now.
    but whatever / this is what my wishlist would look like:

> Bilbo (Casey Affleck or Erik Knudsen)
    > Thorin
    > Elrond (Sam Neil)
    > Bard (Eric Bana or Billy Crudup)
    > Thranduil (Timothy Omundson or Noah Taylor)
    > Gandalf (Ian McKellen)
    > Beorn (Abraham Benrubi or Robbie Coltrane)
    > Mayor Esgaroth (Tim Robbins)

> Kíli
    > Fíli
    > Óin
    > Glóin
    > Dori
    > Nori
    > Ori
    > Balin
    > Dwalin
    > Bifur
    > Bofur
    > Bombur
    > Dáin

(i update it later)
    Sam Neil is such an excellent actor seen him in Tudors season 1 ? amazing amazing but Hugo weaving should be Elrond still Fitting Sam Neil in as Bard or the mayor of esgaroth ?

Imagine Sillmarion as a movie ? We gotta hope The Hobbit becomes good because if they do... Eventualy Sillmarion will be created in 5-10 years from now its a long wait however.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Imagine Sillmarion as a movie?
    I sincerely hope this never happens.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Brian Blessed would be a perfect Balin!
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1594662144/nm0000306

Bard has got to be jeromy irons, he is such a legend

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

First when I heard about Hobbit movie years ago.. I was like "Of..My..God!". Perfect flop which will destroy whole point of lotr.

(like the humour to make Pirates of the Caribbean 4)

But now I am becomming inspired Now this sounds actually very fascinating...
    All I hope that they make the movie well and dont screw up this.

Oh btw: Conan as Balin!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Finlander; July 30, 2009 at 05:12 AM.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

bentlemp's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Doug Jones is rumored to play thranduil, I actually used his face to make thranduil's portrait in the mod. I also used Daniel Day lewis to make Bard's portrait, I think he would make a terrific Bard.

Like the trilogy I would rather have actors that are not big hollywood stars.
    With Del Toro directing its almost a given that Doug Jones will appear in some capacity. At comiccon they Jackson stated that they havent officially started hiring actors though he expected the originals to be back. It's still in the script stage so first he finishes the script (which he said he's only a few weeks away from completion), then they get a budget, then they hire actors, etc...

They are filling in gaps with Gandalf's adventures in Mirkwood, etc...should be interesting...

Daniel Day Lewis is terrific in almost any role though I'm not sure he fits the stature of Bard as I've always pictured him....but then again, I wasnt sure about Agent Smith as Lord Elrond either and I think that was perfect casting.
    Just call me BENTLE, everyone else does...

Jeremy Irons has to be in there somewhere, Brian Blessed would be brilliant too.

Actually, I don't Mr Irons would be too bad as Smaug... A little voice enhancement, of course.

What about the guy that played Xerxes in "300"?

Christopher Lee wants to perform Smaug's voice,but there will be a problem:the voice of Saruman(because he will be in the movie),but if he will be Smaug,i think his voice will be modified digitaly(how John-Rhys-Davis create the voice of Treebeard in LOTR,with Andy Serkis).I think Liam Neeson or Sean Connery will be perfect for Smaug's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurons_puppet View Post
    ....Sean Connery will be perfect for Smaug's voice.
    This isn't Dragonheart. As much as I adore SC and his voice it would just be silly. Smaug needs to sound evil(tm) and menacing.

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    This isn't Dragonheart. As much as I adore SC and his voice it would just be silly. Smaug needs to sound evil(tm) and menacing.
    Patrick Stewart should so voice Smaug...No wait..EVERYONE!!! Imagen it for a second...best movie ever.
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

I believe Smaug's voice will be created as Witch-King's and King of the Dead's voices were created!

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    Patrick Stewart should so voice Smaug...No wait..EVERYONE!!! Imagen it for a second...best movie ever.
    Patrick Stewart will be perfect as Thorin,imagine that!

bentlemp's Avatar Civis

I think this movie is going to hinge on Smaug. One of the best literary villains around...if they don't nail it and I mean REALLY nail it, it's going to deflate the entire film...maybe even the series.

Dragons are tough to do too so the task is daunting...Think of how many movie dragons were really pulled off well

You know...one of the things that made the Joker so good in TDK was his ability to range his voice from creepy to dangerous in a heart beat. I think I'd like to see that kind of a quality in the voice actor whomever he may be.
    Just call me BENTLE, everyone else does...

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Saurons_puppet View Post
    I believe Smaug's voice will be created as Witch-King's and King of the Dead's voices were created!

Patrick Stewart will be perfect as Thorin,imagine that!
    i think they won't give smaug a voice at all. jackson is a fantasy fan
    but not that much. i guess he wont make the eagles speak too. and i would
    like that because i cant imagine speaking animals at all, even if tolkien wanted
    it that way. i know that the important speech of smaug in his cave would be
    missed than but i think there will be a solution. also for the eagles and the
    talking crows.

what i'm wondering about is how they will realize the giants thet play "boule"
    in the mountains and what the elven town and esgaroth will look like. and i'm
    really exited about the battle of te five armies / that will be totlly awesome.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Actually Guillermo del toro is making the hobbit movies and here's what he got to say about that:
    1.11. Will there be talking animals in The Hobbit?
    Guillermo has indicated that he will remain true to the text and that animals will talk in the movies: “I think it should be done exactly as in the book- the “talking beast” motif has to exist already to allow for that great character that is Smaug. It is far more jarring to have a linear movie and then – out of the blue – a talking Dragon.”

1.12. How will they handle Smaug?
    Guillermo del Toro has spoken extensively on how he plans on handling Smaug. Some of his most in-depth comments come from right here on TORn: “Smaug should not be “the Dragon in the Hobbit movie” as if it was just “another” creature in a Bestiary. Smaug should be “The DRAGON” for all movies past and present. The shadow he cast and the greed he comes to embody- the “need to own” casts its long shadow and creates a thematic / dramatic continuity of sorts that articulates the story throughout.”

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Actually Guillermo del toro is making the hobbit movies and here's what he got to say about that:
    1.11. Will there be talking animals in The Hobbit?
    Guillermo has indicated that he will remain true to the text and that animals will talk in the movies: “I think it should be done exactly as in the book- the “talking beast” motif has to exist already to allow for that great character that is Smaug. It is far more jarring to have a linear movie and then – out of the blue – a talking Dragon.”

1.12. How will they handle Smaug?
    Guillermo del Toro has spoken extensively on how he plans on handling Smaug. Some of his most in-depth comments come from right here on TORn: “Smaug should not be “the Dragon in the Hobbit movie” as if it was just “another” creature in a Bestiary. Smaug should be “The DRAGON” for all movies past and present. The shadow he cast and the greed he comes to embody- the “need to own” casts its long shadow and creates a thematic / dramatic continuity of sorts that articulates the story throughout.”
    Sounds good, hopefully he pulls it off.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

ah okay / that is really interesting. we'll see how they handle it
    becuse i just can't imagine talking animals in LOTR. it reminds of
    the chronicles of narnia (which are good movies but absolutley
    no comparison for LOTR) it could be kinda cheesy i think.

well at least jackson is producer and writer so this decission is
    up to him too. but no matter what comes / it will be amazing at all.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Me too, Tolkien's Dragons are so awesome. If done successfully this could open the door for other movies based on tolkien's books, perhaps not Silmarillion but Children of Hurin now that I could see being made into a movie(s) with a even more terrifying dragon.

I agree with what you said jan that they shouldn't have talking animals, because you can have the best cgi and music and if you have the wrong actors voicing smaug & the eagles then it would rune the movie ..IMO of course... But who knows that might nail it...I just hope they take their time deciding on "who & how they are going to voice them"...
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Yep, no Silmarillion movie. t would be destructive...

I don't like the animal voices. Too Narnia and fairy tales as mentioned. Smaug can be represented as talking via his though to the person's though...

Also Beorn himself (me) disapproves the candidates for hs role. Too "soft", remind Harry Potter & THe Lost, no LOTR at all...