Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Wolf View Post
    Pff, Raikonen had bad luck in 2007 aswell as he had bad luck in almost all his seasons. So yeah he is a great driver whether you admit it or not. And besides, the only reason Ferrari kept Massa rather than Kimi is because Massa is the cheaper option.
    nah. Massa demonstrated to be stronger than Kimi and more continued as driver, even when car was nothing special. Kimi's just delusional with or without the fastest car. Ferrari it's 2 years they are trying to take Alonso on their side. Because Raikki's simply overrrated. Media gave him the Schumi's heritage and he showed the world he's a mediocre driver. Now we have the dream team Alonso-Massa

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

There wasnt enough crashes in qualifying. There should have been more crashes.

Three red flags lol.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    Raikonen:

2001, rank 10th points 9 - Sauber

2002, rank 6th points 23 - Mclaren

2003, rank 2° points 91 - Mclaren

2004, rank 7° points 45 - Mclaren

2005, rank 2nd points 112 - Mclaren

2006, rank 5° points 65 - Mclaren

2007, rank 1st points 110 - Ferrari

2008, rank 3rd points 75 - Ferrari

2009, rank 5°, points 40 - Ferrari

it's incredibly discontinued as driver, considering the year when he won, F2007 was scary superior to the other cars (Ferrari collected more than 204 points)
    It would be inconsistant if the cars were all at the same level from year to year. Clearly that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos View Post
    There wasnt enough crashes in qualifying. There should have been more crashes.

Three red flags lol.
    Way too many crashes. At the rate they were going off the road any car that completes the distance will be in the points.

Expect a lot of action at the Degner curves in the race.

I wonder how long the race will take to complete tomorrow - if I was using 4 hour VHS tapes I'd be worried....

The situation was not helped by the new directive that means drivers have to stay in the cars until they are extracted. The only driver who could not get out of the car was Timo Glock.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

An interesting finish to Suzuka with everyone bunched up after the safety car.

A couple of things confused me at the end. Niko Rosberg was due a stop when the safety car came out, but I didn't see him take it. So the question is did he stop (he finished ahead of the Brawns), and if not, did he use both types of tyre?

Secondly, when did Heidfeldt leap-frog the Brawns? I recall him coming out of the pits between Button and Kubica... had the Brawns already pitted then? (I thought they had, but I might be wrong).
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I woke up at 7 to see the race. I forgot half of it by now. Bit of a spectacular crash for alguersuari and I didn't really understood why Webber had to stop 5 times at the pits.
    No.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

A couple of things confused me at the end. Niko Rosberg was due a stop when the safety car came out, but I didn't see him take it. So the question is did he stop (he finished ahead of the Brawns), and if not, did he use both types of tyre?
    He stopped. The data that comes up at the bottom with how many times everyone had pitted said he stopped twice. I think essentially he got lucky, in that he pitted and everyone around him was going slightly slower, as he got infront of Heidfeld.

Secondly, when did Heidfeldt leap-frog the Brawns? I recall him coming out of the pits between Button and Kubica... had the Brawns already pitted then? (I thought they had, but I might be wrong).
    Heidfeld started 4th on the Grid. When he pitted, neither of the Brawn's nor Kubica had pitted themselves.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nqXTA50oE

nice few bits of the race.
    No.

Patrician

Webber robbed Vettel of the grand slam. That was unfortunate. Last time that happened was Hungary 2004 by Michael Shumacher. Good drive from Trulli too, I wish he would do that more often.
    Last edited by Seleukos; October 04, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    He stopped. The data that comes up at the bottom with how many times everyone had pitted said he stopped twice. I think essentially he got lucky, in that he pitted and everyone around him was going slightly slower, as he got infront of Heidfeld.
    It turns out that Rosberg got extremely lucky. He was caught out by the safety car just before his pit stop (not for the first time I think), the reason he only lost one place was because he was going a fair bit faster than everyone else under the safety car!

It turns out that when a safety car is called, all the drivers are given maximum speed instructions via their steering wheel display. But in Rosberg's case, this display was overridden by his low-fuel warning!

There was an appeal to the stewards, but they ruled that, although Rosberg was speeding with respect to the safety car guidance instructions, he wasn't going dangerously fast through the waved yellow area, and couldn't have seen the instructions anyway.

So it looks like ignorance of the law is a valid defence under the right circumstances.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!

Support the MAARC!

Citizen

With the Rosberg case it appears as if the McLaren sourced software overrode the delta times with a low fuel warning. The only time Rosberg saw the delta was too late.

I've also read that the reason why Glock was injured was the fact that the lead ballast was placed on the leading edge (in a slot) of the front wing under the nose. It was that ballast that became loose and penetrated the cockpit. So it wasn't a suspension arm as I suspected.

I think people have forgotten about safety.....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

im starting to look forward to 2010.

it should be a good season, with all the new teams, and no refueling

Maca's Avatar Decanus

I don't like the no refueling rule that's going to come in in 2010. In some races the pits is where the race is won or lost, and drivers can leapfrog each other with the help of their teams. Addmiteadly they will still come in for tires, so pitstops won't be completely out, but fuel strategies (which can decide races) will all be the same, and this sucks for me.

It would be much better for races to be decided on the track rather than in the pits.

Anyway, tyre stops are going to quite unpredictable - which may spice things up a little.

Latest News: Rubens on Pole and Button and Vettel 14th and 15th.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!

Support the MAARC!

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

I can definitely see Rubens becoming WDC now. Vettel and Button have a good chance of knocking each other off at the first corner tomorrow, especially as Vettel will be desperate as he needs to win to have any chance of becoming champion.

If that happens and Rubens wins (I expect he will given that he'd be fired up in front of his home crowd) Button's lead will be slashed to a measly 4 points going to the final race.

Judging by his recent performances I'd say Button has a good chance of blowing it like Hamilton did two years ago.

Also did anyone else think it was really odd that some teams like McLaren chose to run a dry setup during a wet qualifying session? Really doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever, especially as more rain is expected during the race.
    "Crikey!"
    -Stephen Robert Irwin 1962-2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Citizen

A lot depends upon the car itself. I don't know if you are in the UK but it was quite funny to listen to Eddie Jordan drone on about how Williams were using a wet set up. They interviewed Patrick Head and he stated that they had gone for the high downforce setup on Friday (in the dry) as that was the only way that they could get any speed out of the cars. There are no mechanical changes made to the car. I've forgotten if it was the Brawn CEO or Toyota guy but they also pointed out that Williams had changed to the high downforce wing on Friday.

The problem for McLaren is that they don't generate enough downforce. This can result in a loss of tyre temperature and a loss of grip.

I agree that it's still Jenson Button's title to loose, even if Reubens wins the race in Brazil and Jenson Button does not finish. A lot depends upon how strong mentally Reubens is - if he thinks he has a chance then I expect him to be strong, if things don't then I expect him to be runner up in the championship.

The one advantage with where Button qualified for Brazil is that the people behind him are all fairly sensible drivers. The 'nutters' are all in front of him - of course he has to pass them.

The other ting with the BBC coverage - when are they going to be able to tell the difference between Phillipe Massa (the Ferrari driver wearing ferrari clobber) and his brother (in the pits with some Ferrari gear on)..... I remember seeing something last year where fans were trying to get his brother's autograph but he did motion to them that he was not Phillipe.....

With the no refueling next year - there will still be tyre stops as there will still be two types of tyres and the rules still state that they must run both types - unless it's declared a wet race.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

By the way, on the subject of wet/dry setups, why shouldn't they be able to adjust their cars, if not for the reason of safety alone?

Vettel is out of it unless some freak weather / other incidents happen. Thing is, Barichello really needs to win this race, as even if he does, he's still 4 points behind and Button will certainly win on a points tie. Other thing to remember, is if it rains, and Rubens slams it into a barrier because he's pushing to hard or simply makes a mistake, and it's over.

With the no refueling next year - there will still be tyre stops as there will still be two types of tyres and the rules still state that they must run both types - unless it's declared a wet race.
    The awful tyre rule STAYS?!?!?!

Seriously, I think the tyre rule is stupid. One tyre is generally superior to the other for each track, which effectivly means ever car has to have a stint on a tyre that is effectivly slowing their car down. It's like having a marathon and telling the runners that for a quarter of the race they have to run with their trainers off. I'm also worried that with no refueling, and thus no pitstop leapfrogging, we're going to be in for more boring races.

At least the no refuelling rule means that the person who gets pole will geniunly be the faster driver, and not the one who decided to fuel exceptionally light. Speaking of which, does anyone know what sort've fuel-load Rubens is on?
    Last edited by Musthavename; October 18, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Button won the championship, stole Webber's thunder on this race because he drew most of the press on his side.

Felt bad for Barrichello, loosing tire pressure in the last laps was just bad luck. Or maybe a result of that little touch with Hamilton. He still has chances for second place in the next race though.

Anyway, pretty cool race I might say. Many overtakings and some spectacular crashes. Kovalainen almost burned Raikkonen's eyebrows down there in the pits. Think he'll get a penalty or something in the end.
    No.

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Great race for Button to win at he deserved it, as much as I like Barrichello, Button was the better driver for most of the season.

TW Bigfoot

Was great to see button win the Championship and Brawn win the constuctors in their first season..

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    Anyway, pretty cool race I might say. Many overtakings and some spectacular crashes. Kovalainen almost burned Raikkonen's eyebrows down there in the pits. Think he'll get a penalty or something in the end.
    That wasnt Kovi's fault. It was the cheif mechanics, releasing him too early.

Thats too bad for Barrichello. His car just fell apart mid way and Hamilton added injury to insult at the end. I was rooting for him too.

The Toyota rook put on a show too.