Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20456061626364656667686970
Results 1,381 to 1,391 of 1391

Thread: Formula 1

Default Re: Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Isn't Ross Brawn out of work?

What are chances of him ending up at Ferrari again?
    I hope he will returns in Ferrari one day! He's a great man and he's also a swindler: two necessary things in F1 today.

However, I hope Ecclestone will retire soon because every year there is no more competition but only a super-team which slaughters all others.

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

Wow what a race that was! Just goes to show how competitive F1 will be in the near future once everyone finally catches the Mercedes. And I'm gutted for Perez (and Massa), had an excellent race but glad they're OK after that crash.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Massa's accident was strange. And Rosberg's fight with his Mercedes was heroic, managing to steer the car to second place.

Props to Ricciardo for his first win!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

During the race the Sky F1 coverage had some radio communication from Rosberg (before they hit problems) where he asked what brake bias Hamilton was using - the answer was that Rosberg had the bias set further forward. It may have been that which helped as the rear brakes were 'worked less'.

It seems that if the energy recovery systems fail it results in less brake peformance from the rear (as the energy is not being recovered and 'helping' the braking). This along with smaller rear brakes than last year (increased energy recovery from the rear) means even more is expected from the rear brakes. A number of teams experienced problems.

I don't know if it's been explained how it happened but the Mercedes was down about 160bhp but still managed to make it to second place.

The accident between Massa and Perez was caused by Perez moving around under braking - apparently he was experiencing brake problems and had been for some time. The accident was investigated after the race and Perez will get a grid penalty for the next race. Vettel was very lucky to not be hit by Massa - I think Vettel had to avoid the oncoming Williams.

Max Chilton was found to be at fault for hitting his team mate and put both cars out. Chilton will also have a grid penalty in the next race although starting from near the back may mean that he has to start from the pit lane.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

It's always special when a driver wins his first race, and to win it in the fashion that he did from 6th on the grid. That pass on Perez for 2nd place was awesome

Season Summer Break.

Race of the year?
    Team of the year?
    Driver of the Year?
    Overtake of the Year?
    Disappointment of the year?

For me its,

Canada 2014
    Mercedes
    Ricciardo
    Alonso on Vettel at Silverstone
    Raikonnen

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

For me:

Bahrain
    Mercedes (obviously)
    Riccairdo
    Riccairdo in Hockenheim (think it was on Alonso but not sure...)
    Raikonnen or the Lotus team

Quote Originally Posted by SonofaBooyah View Post
    For me:

Bahrain
    Mercedes (obviously)
    Riccairdo
    Riccairdo in Hockenheim (think it was on Alonso but not sure...)
    Raikonnen or the Lotus team
    Alonso overtook Ricciardo in Germany, it was in hungry where Ricciardo put that great pass on Alonso

Citizen

What a nasty accident for Jules Bianci

He went off under yellow flags and hit the side of the recovery vehicle for Adrian Sutil's Sauber.

The green flag you see in the background is after the accident scene not in front of it.

He is in a critical but stable condition

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/95...cal-But-Stable
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; October 09, 2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: video removed by Youtube

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Citizen

It's less than a month away from the start of the F1 2016 season. I've started to get hyped.

Shame that Mercedes will walk away with the titles again though.....

Good season so far i think. i had the pleasure of going to the Canadian Grand Prix last week.