Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Default Re: Michael Schumacher returns to F1

thats too bad, im sure tons of fans were looking forward to seeing him race again

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

that's very bad news.
    Love is the most powerful thing on Earth, unless you have access to weaponry.

I am absolutly gutted!!
    "Let no feeling of vengeance presume to defile, The cause of, or men of, the Emerald Isle." - William Drennan, United Irishman

My Political Profile

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

i lost interest in F1, from long time... the changing of rules every month, the powerplay between FOTA, FIA and Ecclestone etc....

i prefer to relax watching wind surfing on satellite

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Looks like Luca Badoer will take the ferrari seat.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Yes, but after the performance from Valencia I can't see him keeping the seat beyond Spa (this weekend). Ferrari need to get enough points for the constructors championship. Ferrari are curretly 3rd on 46 points with McLaren rapidly approaching with 41 points. Toyota have 38.5 but with the season they are having they would need to steal a McLaren...... Reb Bull are second on 98.5 points but I think that may be out of reach for anyone else......

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Belgian Grand Prix = Best race of the season imo

Great job Kimi

Patrician

Kimi did ok. It was Fisichella and Vettel that did amazing.

Badoer driver of the year

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Reckon I'll rename this thread.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos View Post
    Kimi did ok. It was Fisichella and Vettel that did amazing.
    yea thats true... i was very impressed with Fisi

Patrician

Default Re: Formula 1

He put it in overdrive once he got even a incling of taking over the ferrari seat. I would love to see him replace Badoer.

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos View Post
    He put it in overdrive once he got even a incling of taking over the ferrari seat. I would love to see him replace Badoer.
    yeah, that would be great, especially after that great performance he did in Spa.
    Love is the most powerful thing on Earth, unless you have access to weaponry.

Citizen

Well a lot depends upon if Ferrari are just looking to keep Massa's seat warm until next year or if they are looking for the future. If Fisi get's the drive at Monza I don't think he would get a seat for next year unless it's with another team - Force India may not be interested then.

I don't know if you saw it on the BBC coverage but on the Friday or Saturday Jean Todt's son was seen showing someone (Bianchi?) around the Ferrari garage - only to be bollocked for being caught doing so.

What seems to be a mystery at the moment is why Renault are being investigated for Singapore from 2008. I can only assume that Piquet Jnr may have told someone something.... I would have thought that the FIA would have had the radio transmissions from last year already as there were accusations at the time that Piquet's spin was at the right time to put Alonso in a very strong position in the race.

It appears as if the FIA are doing their upmost to get Renault out of F1 (don't forget the overturned ban from Valencia).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Well a lot depends upon if Ferrari are just looking to keep Massa's seat warm until next year or if they are looking for the future. If Fisi get's the drive at Monza I don't think he would get a seat for next year unless it's with another team - Force India may not be interested then.
    Well Fisichella has been in F1 forever. Hes coming to the end of his career and maybe he just wants a good seat to go out on? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    It appears as if the FIA are doing their upmost to get Renault out of F1 (don't forget the overturned ban from Valencia).
    Yeah Ive noticed that, they really do have something against Renault.

Citizen

I think it may simply be the draw of driving for Ferarri - even for just a few races. If you've never been to Monza or Imola it's hard to appreciate how big Ferrari are in Italy. I always used to joke that Monza camoflague was a red t-shirt! It's been mentioned a few times how much such a chance would mean for an Italian.

Fisi did drive for Renault before - even while they were a decent team. I think he is a bit like Jarno Truli and Reubens Barichello - more of a driver that needs to get his head sorted out to get to the next level.

I don't know if it's Renault or if it's Flavio that is the target. Renault themselves don't really know if they want to be in F1 - that was the reason why Alonso left them to join McLaren - simply because they would not commit to F1.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Fissi is now a Ferrari driver. He'll stay with them for the rest of the season and then serve as their reserve driver.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8231165.stm

Great way for an Italian F1 driver to end his career really.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

it's better than badoer in any case

i think Bourdais should have been given a chance.

nothin against fisi though

Citizen

That's good news for Fisi - I hope Monza will be an experience he can keep in his mind for the rest of his life (in a good way). Hopefully Antonio Luizi will get the Force India drive.

The Renault investigation looks like it may have found something......