Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: Formula 1

Or, he could have been told to ease off and cruise to the end? That's what I would've told him to do.

He had a huge tyre advantage on Alonso by the time he caught up to him and he only had a couple of half-chances to overtake, the latter wrecked by Webber who'd seemingly forgotten where his brake pedal was. But, he couldn't get past the guy. If he couldn't get past Alonso, there was no way in hell Massa was going to get through on similar tyre conditions. I really doubt Hamilton would've taken Kubica, but he certainly wasn't going to lose 3rd if he just sat back and eased off.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    sorry, how's he sounding like a spoiled brat?

It's clear as day that if he hadn't made the extra pit stop he would have been at least second. It was a poor call by the team and he has every right to complain.
    It's also perfectly acceptable that he complains about Webber ramming him. A totally pointless attempt at an overtake by Webber, he had no real hope of getting through there, and his excuse of his front wing "failing to work properly" is laughable.

so in fairness he is right to complain, he drove better than anyone out there and got practically nothing to show for it.
    Have you ever heard a spoilt brat? Well, if you haven't then it sounds very much like Lewis does at times - when he isn't restrained by his minders (in certain circumstances).

There is no way to know if Lewis had not made the second stop then he would have been first or second. Anything could have happened including him wearing out his tyres as he had done in the past (although even that is not guaranteed).

As for Webber - if the stewards of the meeting have not punished him for the incidents he was involved in then it is then seen as a 'racing' incident. I believe Tom Christianson was acting as the expert on the panel for the Australian race.

As for driving 'better than anyone out there' - I'd like to see Lewis make a Virgin Racing or HRT car go faster..... It's a subjective opinion, no-one can appreciate what each driver has achieved in relation to the car and set up that they are given.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

well i do believe that hamilton started 11th and finished 6th (should have been at least 4th?)
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

what i want to know, is why Lewis got away with the deliberate weaving/blocking of Petrov?

Because he didn't block Petrov. He weaved across the road to break the tow Petrov had.

It would have been blocking if, when Peterov had pulled out to overtake, Hamilton had made his move across only for Petrov to double back to the other side. It would then have been blocking if Hamilton moved again, and again if Petrov tried to overtake the other side.

See, Hamilton was moving first, Petrov was following, not actually moving first as in an overtaking manoeuvre

The other thing about that move is that once he got near the braking zone, Hamilton stopped moving about. That's why he was only warned about it.

Meh, anyone else feel Malaysia was a completely mediocre race? All we got to see was how far the McLarens and Ferraris could cut through the field. The top 4 were pretty much locked out after the first lap.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

yes, boring. seems the only time a race might be fun is when the rain is on. Other than that it just "who's gonna lose the engine first". With Alonso it was just lol, that engine of his took acting classes.

also, funny how the difference between the first car and the last to cross the finish is about 3 laps...
    No.

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

Did anyone else enjoy the qualifying more than the actual race?
    "Crikey!"
    -Stephen Robert Irwin 1962-2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin.

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    Because he didn't block Petrov. He weaved across the road to break the tow Petrov had.

It would have been blocking if, when Peterov had pulled out to overtake, Hamilton had made his move across only for Petrov to double back to the other side. It would then have been blocking if Hamilton moved again, and again if Petrov tried to overtake the other side.

See, Hamilton was moving first, Petrov was following, not actually moving first as in an overtaking manoeuvre
    yeah i guess that makes sense.

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Have you ever heard a spoilt brat? Well, if you haven't then it sounds very much like Lewis does at times - when he isn't restrained by his minders (in certain circumstances).

There is no way to know if Lewis had not made the second stop then he would have been first or second. Anything could have happened including him wearing out his tyres as he had done in the past (although even that is not guaranteed).

As for Webber - if the stewards of the meeting have not punished him for the incidents he was involved in then it is then seen as a 'racing' incident. I believe Tom Christianson was acting as the expert on the panel for the Australian race.

As for driving 'better than anyone out there' - I'd like to see Lewis make a Virgin Racing or HRT car go faster..... It's a subjective opinion, no-one can appreciate what each driver has achieved in relation to the car and set up that they are given.
    I am of the opinion that Hamilton has driven superbly in the last two races without getting the end result he has deserved. Another driver who has deserved praise has been Niko Rosberg. I will be interested to see how see how Alonso copes if Massa keeps finishing ahead of him in the races.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    Yes, Q1 was very amusing to watch. The 'grandee' teams all thought that the rain was going to stop and lost out.

I have to agree that the sensible thing to have done was to put in a 'banker' lap at the start - even if the conditions did improve at least they could have had a time that the slower teams would struggle to beat.

I was disappointed that there was no rain during the race as it could have mixed up the results a bit.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

I am very happy with the way things are this season. Im hoping for a knock down drag out fight to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
    i really quite liked the race

i thought the race was pretty decent. a good deal of overtaking too.

Predictions for China?

going to be boring again... my bet is Vettel will lead the race start to finish unless his engine blows up or something.
    No.

Boring my ass. that was an amazing race

because it rained. from how it looked yesterday all sunny and dry, it would have been boring

yea, amazing race. I'm not a big fan of Alonso, but dammit this is the second time when he was at the back of the grid and finished in the top 5.

also, pretty damn sad to see Schumacher overtaken by Hamilton twice, Vettel twice, Alonso once...and even Petrov...
    No.

As I said after before, all we need is rain every single race and we have an amazing season. Really nice race.

also, pretty damn sad to see Schumacher overtaken by Hamilton twice, Vettel twice, Alonso once...and even Petrov...
    I was loving every minute of it.

Triarii's Avatar Semisalis

I love wet races.

Alonso had a great race. I'm amazed that he narrowly missed out on a podium despite visiting the pits five times. I especially loved how he stuffed Massa by overtaking him at the pit lane entry, thus forcing him to queue behind him for tyres.

Schumacher should have stayed retired, although I admit I'm enjoying watching him floundering.

I can't stand Hamilton but I have to admit he drove an excellent race and was very entertaining to watch (especially after the second safety car period).

I hope Rosberg wins a race this year.
    "Crikey!"
    -Stephen Robert Irwin 1962-2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin.