Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Formula 1

either them or Pirelli

Michelin wont for the same reason they didnt go up for the sole tyre supplier in the first place

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Pirelli have already announced that they are not interested.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...677235,00.html
    Last edited by Brusilov; November 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Mercedes have bought out the Brawn team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

The team will be rebranded as Mercedes Grand Prix. McLaren will also buy back the 40% stake (by 2011) Mercedes has in their team, but Mercedes will continue to supply free engines for 6 years. It's also said that Mercedes have no interest in keeping Button on, and that he'll likely move to McLaren instead, with the Mercedes drivers being Rosberg with almost certainty, and likely Heidfeld as a teammate.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

this kind of puts Kimi out of a ride =(

Raikkonen is probably another contender to be Rosberg's teammate.
    no one really knows Kimi's actual view on things though

Citizen

The rumor is that Jenson Button will sign for McLaren for 2010. I would think that the McLaren may just be the best car on the grid in 2010 as well.

Kimi is being paid in full by Ferrari for 2010 anyway - I am sure that he will find something to do with his time.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

the reports are that Button has agreed a 3-year deal worth £6million a year with McLaren Mercedes.

Rosberg is confirmed at MercedesGP and Nick Heidfeld is expected to join him, to make an all german line up for mercedes.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Well the F1 rumor mill is churning out gold at the minute. Apparently, Jenson was forced out of Brawn/Mercedes to make way for.....wait for it.....Seven times F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher. Also, there seems to be some weight behind this. Firstly, Schumacher, Brawn and co were seen having a heavy conversation at the last GP. Also, Schumacher recenty got his Ferrari contract changed so that he ISN'T committed to Ferrari's F1 operation, only their Roadcars!!!
    "Let no feeling of vengeance presume to defile, The cause of, or men of, the Emerald Isle." - William Drennan, United Irishman

My Political Profile

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Yes, I have seen this rumour also.

However I find it difficult to believe that Schumacher would do such a thing. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

There are other F1 drivers I could believe would have come back just for the enjoyment of it (such as the late great James Hunt), but Schumacher was so focussed on winning at any cost that anything short of another World Championship would be a painful failure for him.

Would he really take a gamble like that?
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Roman_Wolf's Avatar Campidoctor

I doubt Shumi would come back. As it's been stated before, he's got not nothing to gain from this. And in case of failure, he'd be risking his legend status.
    Love is the most powerful thing on Earth, unless you have access to weaponry.

agreed.

But im very surprised that Kimi doesnt have a ride.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

It's mainly just because Kimi was getting overpaid as hell as Ferrari. His redundancy package is effectivly way beyond what any team'll pay. McLaren could've, but even then, their offer was less than what he'd have earnt otherwise, and Jenson cheap in comparison, albeit an inferior driver.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Citizen

I think the offer to Kimi is the full amount if he is not in F1 or half if he is.

The problem for Jenson is that he has spent most of his career in average cars. 2009 was the first year that he had a very good F1 car.

He is a very smooth driver and a lot will depend upon the type of car that McLaren produce for 2010. After all Lewis Hamilton is known for being heavy on his tyres compared to the team mates he has been teamed with so far.

I like the story from his first visit to Spa in a Williams. He complained that the 100 metre braking board was at the wrong place. No one else had complained (so maybe they were using something else as a brake mark) but it was found that the board was at 125 metres....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...s-report_N.htm

looks like Schumacher is coming back next year

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrak View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...s-report_N.htm

looks like Schumacher is coming back next year
    I sure hope not. I was a huge Shumi fan back in the days, but returning would be a huge mistake. He is risking a lot for nothing.

its not nothing if he wins the championship again, but i agree, he shouldnt

hes had his fair share of wins, he should let some young talent prosper and develop

even though the driver would be a not so young Nick Heidfeld if its not Schumi

Quote Originally Posted by TheAussieDigger View Post
    its not nothing if he wins the championship again
    Ok good point, but what I meant is that it's highly unlikely he'll win the championship. I believe he'll even hardly win a race. He's a F1 legend and all, but I believe he's too old for this.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

i think that his reputation as a legend is so huge that he would have to be spectacularly bad to hurt his rep.

And surely even a half as good Schumi will be able to rival some of these young drivers?
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Wasnt Schumi a permanent neck injuried as he claimed to be when he refused ferrari? off course this year the car's was not so competitive.. this makes of Schumi an hyphocrite and opportunist..

dont kill me guys please

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

I think he still has the injury. The reason it ruled out any comeback for ferrari earlier this year was because he would have had just a few weeks to try to fix it, which would not have been sufficient time for him to race safely. This time, though, shumi will have the whole winter to receive treatment, so it will be much easier for him to get fit to race by the start of the season.

And on him taking up a place on the grid... afaik he's going to race for one of the new teams right? In which case pairing him with an inexperienced rookie would be both good for the new driver, and the new team. Otherwise they'd end up backing up the grid like most new teams do.

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.