Thread: Scotland as Playable

Default Scotland as Playable

I've searching these forums for a mod that makes Scotland playable, but I'm getting lost within all of the threads. Does anyone know where I can find a good mod to make Scotland playable?

Default Re: Scotland as Playable

Here, try this. It's a mod to unlock all factions.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262048

This gave me all of the non-emerging minor factions, but none of the emerging ones, like Scotland.

Scroll down the page and you'll see this:

HusserlTW has very kindly made a file with emergents playable. Download this link if you want to play it!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HusserlTW
    Update for emergent: portraits in menu-factions, victory conditions, remove FOW cherokee and inuit.

Download link

I did that, but when I click the link I get a file downloaded and I don't know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionickai008 View Post
    I did that, but when I click the link I get a file downloaded and I don't know what to do with it.
    You wait and click where it says: "Click here to start download." at the top left. Then you download it into the your Empire data folder...I think.

Yeah, that's the problem, I don't know where it goes. It isn't a startpos.esf like most others.

Yeah, that's the problem, I don't know where it goes. It isn't a startpos.esf like most others.
    Download it into here I think...?

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data
    Last edited by Alba gu Brath; July 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

I've just downloaded it and it IS a startpos.esf file. Put it into your data/main folder (but backup your original startpos first). I have loaded it OK and played as Scotland - it works for me.

red_dragon's Avatar Civis

i think there is a lot of potential for a '45 mod, where you play as Bonnie Prince Charlie just after he landed. You get an army of Highland warriors and you fight to reclaim your fathers throne. Just need to find a way to allow a faction to have no cities at start and to be able to move the campaign start to 1745.