Thread: BC Banners & Standards

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Default BC Banners & Standards

Salam folks,

I open this topic to discuss about Banners & Standards in Broken Crescent.

To begin with, I have a little technical problem = I never saw the BC 2.02 unit standards! They were great in 1.05. and I'd like to display them in battle.

I've checked the .cfg of both my Med2 and BC (files: medieval2.preference.cfg and bc.cfg). It seems that at launch the BC bc_launch.bat mixes the two and I can't have banners displayed.

Of course in order not to have those horrible green dots on selected units, I have on the .cfg files:

disable_arrow_markers = 1

There is no line to enable or disable banners. Does anyone have a tip please?

Thanks for helping anyway apart from that technical detail this thread can be filled with infos on historical banners, suggestions to modders etc. Yours to play!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BC Banners & Standards

Salam!

Apparently, banners are visible in some users' games. Just take a look at Psihopat battle screenshots. You see? Did you try to just add proper line to .cfg?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Salam!

Apparently, banners are visible in some users' games. Just take a look at Psihopat battle screenshots. You see? Did you try to just add proper line to .cfg?
    Which line? There's no disable_banner or enable_banner in all the .cfg both vanilla and bc.
    I'm sure It's my .cfg who's screwed but TBH I still don't know how to fix it. Any code line?

EDIt: now that does it I don't even have banners on vanilla (Kg) WTF is going on? I request your HELP.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; July 29, 2009 at 06:12 AM.

Hey Pacha,

I see in your sig you are an TATW player. I guess you have TATW and BC both installed. AFAIK, TATW disables banners completely. So for BC as well. I didn't think it was a problem, but recently I reinstalled M2TW + BC (will install TATW again when 1.2 comes out). And guess what... BC now had banners!

It might be you have the same problem, but then again it should be possible to reenable them in the M2TW config file (the medieval2.preference.cfg, check under video for the line "show_banners = 0", but you'll probably know that).

Hope that helps you a bit.
    Last edited by Khosrau; July 29, 2009 at 06:44 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Justinianus View Post
    It might be you have the same problem, but then again it should be possible to reenable them in the M2TW config file.
    Damn, I also have TATW installed, so that must be the issue! I haven't played TATW since the release of BC 2.0, so I forgot about it. Besides, I prefer no banners. That way or another, it is possible to revert configuration changes made by TATW. I just don't remeber, what content should proper line have, and I can't check it right now...

Under the patronage of m_1512

Actually I just had the solution in the Tech Help subforum. For those who are interested:
    Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    show_banners = 1 in the [video] section of the CFG file
    @ Justinianus: you must be right because It occured after I installed TATW (on hold, waiting for their 1.2 super-patch full of promises).

I guess TATW Team didn't finish their banners. On my way to skin King Kong

Thanks for letting all the BC Forum & Users know about that small incompatibility issue bw/ BC and TATW.
    +rep!