Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduced unit upkeep for AqD's RTR 2.5

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Reduced unit upkeep for AqD's RTR 2.5

Reduced unit upkeep for AqD's RTR 2.5

In new AqD's RTR 2.5, the financial balance is Europa Barbarorum-like, with extremely high unit upkeep costs. It makes the whole campaign gameplay different in comparison with previous version and original RTR. By some reasons it is interesting, but for small factions such as Numidia, Parthia or Bosporan Kingdom there could be a serious headache. Soldiers who need 1500 denarii at each turn (they spend money for booze-ups and women, aren't they? ) may be really horrible, not for enemies, but for their own commanders! So I reduced upkeep for all ingame units - now more similar to vanilla ones (but horsemen are still valuable). Enjoy

I'll update this post to fit the latest patches from AqD.

P.S. > 1) I edited only EDU, so there still will be scripted money for AI in campaign.
    2) Unit recruitment costs weren't modified.

Version History:
    - 02.08.09: Updated for latest RTR-AqD version (2.5a+fix2)
    - 30.07.09: Too cheap indian&seleucid elephant units upkeep costs - fixed.
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 04, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Reduced unit upkeep for AqD's RTR 2.5

oh you can raise huge armies with Parthia, though the massive irregulars and hillmen are useless in front of Macedonian pikes

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Ehm the upkeep is a prob for the Bosporan kingdom???
    LOL

Parthia has terrorizing HA with alot of ammo....they should be so expensive.
    The only thing resulting in using your EDU...is endless army's.You really have to change the money script then.
    And the AI becomes to aggressive.
    Try this with a Seleucid Campaign on hard.I bet in 10/15 years your city's are empty,because now you can make more army's to counter attack.And the fun is gone IMO.

Now i have to hold Off Egypt with one stack,that makes things alot more interesting.

And when you play Bosporan with your EDU.You will notice that you dont get that much time to build anymore.Thrace will give you a nice visit...soon,and Armenia will send friendly cata's army's to grass in your lands.
    To many elite army's
    Of course you can build more troops to hold them off......i bet 8 of 10 people have to add_pop
    Since to population bonus isn't adjusted for your edu,i definetely would change that.

I must admit that some of the units are REALLY expensive.Like the bastearne for Bosporan.
    But this forces you to take more levies on the ride and those expensive units you only will use them when needed....they can bring a punch or 2 with them hahahaha.

To balance it more Lanjane i would adjust the income(lesser)and the pop bonus(more).
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You don't need to use add_population! Just some plans, develop trade and don't rely on high tax or use cannon fodders, plus specialized military cities for human farms

I just completed the upgrade of all of my poor bactrian towns to minor cities, in the year of 263 BCE! Once you get minor cities the growth problem would be no more!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

inquisitor
    Tastes differ... Just be more tolerant, please.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    inquisitor
    Tastes differ... Just be more tolerant, please.
    1.I can read my name without adjustments,but thanx for the reading help

2.Of course tastes are different,thx again to let me know that your taste is different...tonight i drink on that.

[provoking text removed by AqD]

From now on i will not bother you anymore with my tips ok.It seems your toes are a sanctuary.

Edit: lol...hm point 4 wasn't provoking by the way...it made my point clear
    Still my humble excuse to Lanjane
    Last edited by inquisitor; July 30, 2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: please don't start fighting here!
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

EDIT: Because of misprints in two elephant units upkeep costs, they became too cheap. Sorry for that. I reuploaded the txt file.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    EDIT: Because of misprints in two elephant units upkeep costs, they became too cheap. Sorry for that. I reuploaded the txt file.
    I think I should increase the recruitment time of indian elephants as well.... Even without your txt I have fought more than one dozen of armoured elephant from the Seleucid empire..... damn those monsters!

oh and I figured your txt should not matter because they have virtually unlimited money
    Last edited by AqD; July 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

> Updated for latest RTR-AqD version (2.5a+fix2)
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Hey, you could add a refome Marius out in buildings built by the military which is ok Aug 50 queues.
    So sorry to calls for this reform but for me it is important.
    Of course, if you have the ability and willingness to . Yours

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

BlackWood
    Yes, I could, but for now, there isn't any post-marian roman unit in AqD-mod. If you could give me materials or recommend "donor" mod where units looks suitable, I'll make miniaddon. Of course if I will have permission from AqD...

P.S. > BTW, AqD said somewhere that he is going to add Marian reform in later versions, so I'm afraid my work may be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Lanjane; August 04, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1456 CAESARIAN LEGIONARY .No imperial!! OK.
    Or if you can throw a model unit with RTR.
    Last edited by BlackWood; August 04, 2009 at 08:42 PM.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

BlackWood: the problem, as you can see, is lack of unit variants. Marian reform in most mods and unit packs are mostly heavy legionaries. I'd rather to have an unit roster like EB's, but it'd be a lot of work.....

But the next version will have a longer reform?? I love to play Rome and I lack the military transformation at a later stage , It seems to me that it was necessary , to maintain the expanding empire.Of course, the reform can occur quite late.
    Congratulates successful version 2 .5 .. the game is really demanding
    Last edited by BlackWood; August 05, 2009 at 04:47 AM.

GJ

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

not next version. A reformed Roman military would require a lot of work

It IS a problem for Bosporans... especially when Armenia attack you leaving you with just the one trade partner and a never ending stream of enemy armies...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

When you're in deep trouble, just be aggressive and launch an all-out attack!

:: I'm a but too cautious... maybe. By the way, I've lent my Rome Anthology set to a friend and I've lost my Alexander disc so it'll be a few weeks before I can help with the beta, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast