Thread: seleucids kicking ass

Default seleucids kicking ass

anyone else have the seleucids taking over half the world . im playing as saba and was happily consolidating my place in arabia and egypt and then a massive seleucid fleet comes and blockades all my ports. i managed to get rid of them after many turns and great debt and am now in the money again.
    so i decided to toggle fow and found the seleucids with most of the east part of the map. im like ooooo crap...... dont get me wrong i think its pretty cool. i just wasnt expecting since the seleucids always get pwned in vanilla and now i have an enemy no sane man in my position would want lol

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: seleucids kicking ass

Which version are you using?

Anyway, it can happen that the seleucids manages to hold the east, in that case they fully benefit of a big empire without a serious front in the back.
    A mix of heavy spearmen, ethiopian axes and few chariots is the best answer to their rosters, however be prepared for a meatgrinder.

If things gets desperate take a few stacks across the desert and attack Carthage. No other enemy will follow you there and it's a safe base from which regrouping and regain the offensive.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Primicerius

What about the desert attrition thing I've heard about? Does that actually happen, or just some bogus findings?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Desert attrition exists but unfortunately is buggy as hell.
    It's randomly triggered like once every 50 turns, making it useless.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: