Thread: Campaign M/H/Vh - whats the dif?

Default Campaign M/H/Vh - whats the dif?

Exactly what changes exist between M/H/Vh campaign difficulties? I recently started a campaign with VH battles, but to compensate I put the campaign on M and turned off AI bonuses. At the moment it seems too easy as my Greek army steamrolls the smaller enemy forces - gold chevroned SRG FTW! Honesty, I think the game is harder on H/H with bonuses on. But I digress, is there a straight forward list of the differences? Thank you!

Default Re: Campaign M/H/Vh - whats the dif?

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesXX View Post
    "... Honesty, I think the game is harder on H/H with bonuses on."
    This made me laugh, but I guess you didn't mean it this way.
    Anyway the only changes I know for battle difficulty is that the AI gets attack and morale boosts.
    Where I think it was something like this: H + 4 and VH + 7 (attack and morale).

The bonusses give the AI an incentive to build an enormous amount of stacks.

I'm immortal! Unfortunately it wears off after 80 years..

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

The campaign difficulty makes diplomacy harder or easier. On the harder difficulties like in VH the computer will almost certainly attack you if you share a border. They also get a money bonus depending on difficulty, it goes like this:

Easy- you get +5000, comp gets +0
    Medium you get +0, comp gets+0
    Hard you get+0, comp gets +5000
    Very Hard you get+0, comp gets +10000

I hope this helps you.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

The special XGM AI bonusus give the AI even greater bonusus. For example +30% tax income, -50% building time.

-50% building time! That is a huge bonus in many ways. I always wondered how the AI controlled towns were so much more developed than my starting cities, even the ones I don't use as recruitment centers.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

The building time bonus is lower now - just 20% - which means that it does nothing for buildings that take 1-4 turns to build. Buildings that take normally take 5 -9 turns are reduced by one turn. Buildings that normally take 10-14 turns are reduced by 2.

So, it is sorta like every AI faction has the wonder that does the same thing (Mausoleum I think?). Thanks for your replies. Oh, and is it just me or are my assasins more effective when the campaign difficulty is harder? Seems like they really blow on medium campaign. Also, it feels like auto resolve is changed by campaign difficulty? I usually just auto all battles heavily in my favor when playing medium campaign, but find I have to fight them all on VH campaign (or I'll lose too many troops). My observations seem to point to this.

Auto-resolve is IIRC determined on the campaign difficulty, not on the battle difficulty.

Civis

what does IIRC means?

If I Recall Correctly

Civis

thank you TM