Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Download] v2.5 Release!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: [Download] v2.5 Release!

@paradamed: thanks for reporting! The Seleucid chariot is unchanged from RTR and that's why you don't see them in the preview... All will be fixed in v2.6!

The camera thing is due to the default preferances I set (for close-look but not good for commanding!), if you have no existing preferences in RTW or RTR. You can set higher FOV (Field-Of-View) in the mod launcher - like 75, and change in game options to use "RTS Camera" instead of "Total War Camera".
    Last edited by AqD; July 29, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Biarchus

Would you be able to tell me if this mod will work with the steam version of RTW Alexander? I have the retail version of RTW and BI, but the steam version of Alexander.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Would you be able to tell me if this mod will work with the steam version of RTW Alexander? I have the retail version of RTW and BI, but the steam version of Alexander.
    Yes of course. Just make sure RomeTW-ALX.exe is in the same folder as RomeTW.exe. The executable is all you need to play the mod!

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Very impressive! What is the mean "unlimited soldiers", how does it work?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

CanOmer
    This option will allow you or your enemy to have all reinforcements on the field in campaign, without completely delaying them. Nevertheless, if there will be too many of them, you'll experience some lags.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I have exceeded the bandwidth limitation on photobucket... damn it. I'll re-upload all pics to imageshack and dump crap photobucket forever!

UPDATE: All pictures in the Seleucid preview and Bactrian preview have been moved to imageshack successfully. Older previews would not be fixed because I lost the pics, but photobucket will restore them in one or two weeks.
    Last edited by AqD; July 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM.

I am enjoing your mod/units alot AQD. I hope to see more and more factions done.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Emperor Domitianus
    I'm enjoying them too, but don't hurry AqD!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

updated with patch #1

what was changed in patch #1

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

read the first post

Sorry, I guess I meant what Unit stats were updated.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

The recruitment time and class for elephants, and italian cavalry is made stronger.

I just added a new fix 2 (merged with fix 1), containing patch for armoured horse models and free people revolt CTD

Adq,

I'm trying to get custom battles to work on my alex.exe ran mod, but I'm having no luck. I am examining the files to your mod to try and figure out how you made this work. One question that I have is why does your .exe shortcut trigger not say -noalexander. Also, I've noticed that the map.rwm file is in your imperial campaign folder rather than the default base folder as used in non-alexander mods. Why and how do you make it work this way? Thanks for your help!
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Adq,

I've also noticed that you have managed to incorporate shield_wall in your mod. I thought that shield_wall, as a few other BI features, is not compatible with Alexander mods such as this. How did you make this work if you don't mind sharing.

Another issue that I'm having is that I cannot get any command line switches to work with your mod. I wanted to run in in -ai so I could study how the game develops in later stages. Can you tell me what the trick is to get the command line switches to work with your mod? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; August 21, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Adq,

I'm trying to get custom battles to work on my alex.exe ran mod, but I'm having no luck. I am examining the files to your mod to try and figure out how you made this work. One question that I have is why does your .exe shortcut trigger not say -noalexander. Also, I've noticed that the map.rwm file is in your imperial campaign folder rather than the default base folder as used in non-alexander mods. Why and how do you make it work this way? Thanks for your help!
    Randomly came across this post. I had the same problem with custom battles, Campaign in my mod works but custom battles won't load. What i noticed in a campaign battle is that i got errors about building models missing or something (and i touched nothing related to them), been a while but i think this was the case. And after i pressed ok many times the battle loaded but the troops standed on top of invisible walls, the city buildings where missing etc.. Did you have the same problem too Worsham? And could it be related with the custom battles not loading? I'd like help too here if anyone knows.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    Adq,

I've also noticed that you have managed to incorporate shield_wall in your mod. I thought that shield_wall, as a few other BI features, is not compatible with Alexander mods such as this. How did you make this work if you don't mind sharing.

Another issue that I'm having is that I cannot get any command line switches to work with your mod. I wanted to run in in -ai so I could study how the game develops in later stages. Can you tell me what the trick is to get the command line switches to work with your mod? Thanks in advance!
    shield_wall doesn't work. It's just put there

The full command-line is " -show_err -mod:RTR-AqD -nm -noalexander -movie_cam "

@ProdigalSon: how do you start your mod? Is it in a mod dir?

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
    Randomly came across this post. I had the same problem with custom battles, Campaign in my mod works but custom battles won't load. What i noticed in a campaign battle is that i got errors about building models missing or something (and i touched nothing related to them), been a while but i think this was the case. And after i pressed ok many times the battle loaded but the troops standed on top of invisible walls, the city buildings where missing etc.. Did you have the same problem too Worsham? And could it be related with the custom battles not loading? I'd like help too here if anyone knows.
    ProdigalSon,

We aren't having the same problem as each other. I can load battles in campaign mode fine, but when I try to start a custom battle I get a KTM without any error messages.

I think the reason that your buildings and calls are missing in your cities must be due to missing building files. You should double check to ensure that you have all the building files, and maybe even recopy the building files into your mod just to be extra sure.

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

I can load battles in campaign too. But i don't get error at custom ones. It just flashes to previous screen.
    I recopied models_building already, but didn't fix that. Anything else i should copy?

Are you using vanilla buildings or BI buildings? If you are using BI buildings then I once had an issue like you are describing when I transferred BI building over to the vanilla map. If that is the issue you are having check the tutorial section for importing barbarian stone walls to vanilla. That tutorial is what I used to work out all the bugs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast