Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAN THREAD: Post Your Empires

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default FAN THREAD: Post Your Empires

Hi Westeros Dev,

I am a fan of Song of Ice and Sword and read the book 5 times. I played this beta, and I was surprised at the work.

May I open a fan thread to post the player's empires- so that people can proudly show their accomplishments and ask questions

STELLover

I conquered all Westeros at turn 337
    Last edited by STELLover; July 28, 2009 at 09:48 PM.

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: FAN THREAD: Post Your Empires

Stannis, turn 128. I changed the game to 12 turns per year. One of the reasons why I won was because I had Stannis(10 star general) and always moved only with my veterans(who had either 2 or 3 gold chevrons in experience and were all knights, imperial knights or men-at-arms)

I crushed all those who opposed me. 7 factions destroyed, all by me. Martell and Stark were the only ones to not oppose me, so I left them in peace.
    Last edited by Orko; July 29, 2009 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Ooh, nice. Good victory. Welcome to Westeros, Stellover. I'm glad you liked our early beta release.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Yep, a very good mod- can't wait for 1.0 release

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Yep, a very good mod- can't wait for 1.0 release
    Btw any estimates on 1.0 ?

Do not ostracize me for the question =) I am impatient to get my hands on this awesome mod release )

At the moment, we're all busy in real life; ironically we've got a lot more stuff going in the summer than normally. I'm working for a few spare minutes on learning how to skin, and we're getting unit descriptors done as well at the moment. Valyrian and Darkstar aren't here at the moment, so we're obviously not working with a full team.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

Double A's Avatar person man

Why would Caesar, Alexander, and Charlemagne be remembered in Westeros? And since when did Rome come before Alexander?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    And since when did Rome come before Alexander?
    It's not Chronological, just names in a random order.
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Ok that still doesn't explain the first part.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Ok that still doesn't explain the first part.
    Because it's just a beta. They can't change the victory video.

Or, we haven't yet...

Maybe some clips from the tv show?

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by TXTwilight View Post
    Maybe some clips from the tv show?
    You mean, the one that is not out yet?

You mean, the one that is not out yet?
    Yes, it woul be a cool idea for the future to include some stuff from the tv serie.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Because it's just a beta. They can't change the victory video.
    If it's still a beta why is it in the completed mods section?

Orko's Avatar Praeses

If it's still a beta why is it in the completed mods section?
    Because it is not.

Yeah this is in the completed mods section.

I asked for it to be, because we have a beta. It's not complete, but we have a release. So...

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Yeah this is in the completed mods section.
    There is no such thing as a completed mod section. There is, however, a realesed mods section. And this one is a released mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TXTwilight View Post
    Yes, it woul be a cool idea for the future to include some stuff from the tv serie.
    Due to copyright concerns, highly unlikely. Third Age has gotten away with it so far for LotR, but incorporating videos and that sort of thing is much more legastically dubious than using artwork.

It's also not an issue for now. The TV series doesn't start shooting until the end of October and may not be on air until the start of 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast