Thread: Germany or Bust!

Default Germany or Bust!

Germany. What a lovely country. I'm on English born, German boy living in Northern England. I spent 3 years of my life in West Germany, Spabrücken to be precise when I was a child. A small and very beautiful village on the outskirts of the town of Bad Kreuznach. A good hours drive from Frankfurt (am Main).

Early days

So my Auntie and Uncle, as well as cousins, live in a small village in Germany and have done so for the past 18 years now. I started going over there at the early age of 3 years old. We'd go on long 2 day drives from Manchester, England to Spabrücken, Germany. Spending around 3 weeks there, it'd be like growing up in a culture that was so very different from my own. It wasn't just another country, it was a whole other world.

Growing Up and Making the Move

As I was around 5-6 years of age, I'd have regular holidays to Germany each summer and I bloody loved it! It was an annual thing.
    One year however, my mother, father and brother (and me of course!) went to stay in Germany for 2 weeks. However 2 weeks changed into 4 weeks and so on. Eventually we decided to try living in Germany, I was delighted. I thought it was a new start to come! However though, after 6 months my family decided it best not to make the move and we moved back to England.

Nowadays

Now i'm older and wiser, i've been planning on moving over there, back to where I did live. I'll be going on 16 and I already have my license to drive a moped in the Rhineland-Pfalz area. I also do have my own scooter over there, here it is!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I pay for that with my local job now in England. Anyway, i'm very enthusiatic about going but still I have so much more to get through.

Check back for my next entry!
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Default Re: Germany or Bust!

German Culture and Language...

So I was thinking, I need to fit in while in Germany, so I have to know what's "German". Seeing as I already have a love (yes, love) for Rammstein, the German heavy metal band I guess i'm "down" with the music now. Boehse Onkelz, Sportfreunde Stiller, Peter Fox, Seeed all take my interest (if you would like to see a preview of either, simply YouTube search them).

All my life I have been a pretty fussy eater too. I have this thing for meat and eating things on their own. When I have cereal in the morning it must have no milk. Otherwise it puts me off... Unless it's Coco-Pops but let's not get brand specific here. Anyway, I love meat. Meat, Meat, Meat. I love the bloody stuff! That's a huge bonus I guess, probably a bonus that game down in my family (thank you ancesters!).

Now Alcohol. I like a drink (ask Legio ). I went to a pub (For Americans who are saying "What the hell is a pub?", it's basically an old fashioned bar where people go to drink) recently in Spabrücken to taste the local produce (notice taste and not drink, I limit myself!). Jägermeister, Schwarzsonne (Vodka, Blackcurrent, Red Bull), Bitburger the list was endless. I swear to god, I went to the toilet and that was beer that came out! The Germans do it properly. In England, you have a beer in a pub, you drink at around a gulp every 2 minutes. I was proved very wrong in Germany. They drink like...Scandinavians after a large Pillaging. Rock on!

Gilde Spabrücken

My cousin Josh introduced me to his group. Gilde Spabrücken (Translation: Guild Spabrücken or Group Spabrücken) who were basically a bunch of old friends who were all 16 to 18 yo and did everything together. Rock am Ring (T: Rock at the Ring) hosted by MTV and possibly one of the biggest Music Events held was attended by Gilde. They also built a House/Hut called "Häusschen". It had a TV, Lights, Leather sofa's. It was amazing to say a group of 20-30 friends could pull this off. They even had their own T-Shirts... However I did not get one so...

The Langauge
    (Warning: Confusion and Complication ahead. Viewer Discreation is advised)

The Language. Deutsch. Even Einstein probably never understood 100%, the complications of this language. For any people who are new to German and would like to make a friend in the click of a finger, I strongly recommend you say this; "Bier und Woscht ist Geil". That phrase could get you into the Reichstag, I swear. Anyway, I used to know Germany perfectly. Saying that nobody knows German... It's just the fact that it comes out of your mouth, you cannot explain the language. If you ever feel like you don't understand why Der becomes Den - it just does! I will happily post a little guide that helped me learn German with phrases, slang and much more. My German is intermediate at the moment and I am currently learning it and taking it at GCSE A level so go me I guess.

Until then, Tschüß!
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; March 13, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
    House of Caesers

The Long Way Home and Mein Roller!
    entry: 3

Germany, Belgium, France and England. Since I know have passed my MBTC (Moped Basic Training Course) I am now legally allowed to drive my shizzle on the bizzle (scooter on the road). I've been out today on the bus to the city shopping, Manchester. I was waiting for a bus for a good 45 minutes and on the way back, 1 hour! I was diguisted and looking in my wallet (bare) I found my license and it made me wonder, could I bring my 50cc Batmobike home, advoiding every single motorway from those countries?

Well i've been looking up abit and it looks very unlikely plus the cost of flying too. Not too mention fuel costs and stop offs. I like to try the impossible though because we're only here to visit so why not I ask?

Soon I will be applying for my 125cc course in which I can drive my next bike, a step up, on the roads of Germany. I currently have £800.00 and will be getting an extra £300.00 off my PS3 (yes, I am a nerd). Then selling my scooter for £500.00 (Seems cheap but I dropped it in a forest thinking I could make a jump ). I plan on stepping it up a whole new level as one of my friends named "Marv Weißmann" has offered to sell my his older Supermoto 125cc bike.

Not thee actual bike

Compared to a scooter, man it goes fast. Maybe it will all go to plan maybe it won't...

My scooter is Black and not Yellow!
    House of Caesers

Let me just say this: I made it.
    Last edited by Guy; April 27, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
    House of Caesers