Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Map Guide version 1

Default Re: Map comments

The map is really great! Where i can see the settlements and the regions ?

I am sorry for the noob question. I just saw the preview again and saw what i was asking for.

Well the map in the preview is outdated and actually not the one we're using unfortunately. We're currently at work with the new map and it's actually moving ahead nicely. I can safely assume and say that the map is about 35-45% complete at this point with the work coming around much faster.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

That's nice to hear. I am cirious about the settlement on the Balkan peninsula and what will be their names.

For that, you'll just have to wait and see.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!

Quote Originally Posted by OdinX View Post
    For that, you'll just have to wait and see.
    So I shall. Good luck with it.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

In the dev blog of Italy I see that Messina is simply a port - I do regonize that it was the most important port of departure for European knights on their way to the Crusades, but messina was also the second most impotant city in Sicili up untill the seventeenth century. So I'm curious to know why this city was deselected.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Because we didn't think we could have more settlements in Sicily and we had already chosen more important sits. Messina will probably get a PSF next to the harbour too so it will be a good place to store your troops even if you don't own the region. Crusaders could wait here with free upkeep until they could afford mercenary ships, so in this way it is more realistic than having a settlement that every incoming army would have to conquer in order to use.

I love the map!

Also Finland is looking really nice, and thank you that you have added it to the map, unlike many other mods. When you put city/cities in Finland, dont put it like vanilla, that the town (i mean the town on the coast) is named to Turku but it is on place were really should be Helsinki.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear95 View Post
    I love the map!

Also Finland is looking really nice, and thank you that you have added it to the map, unlike many other mods. When you put city/cities in Finland, dont put it like vanilla, that the town (i mean the town on the coast) is named to Turku but it is on place were really should be Helsinki.
    1080 AD is the start date of the campaign as I recall and Helsinki was first founded in the 15th century. Turku however is considered to be the oldest town of Finland, though it was first founded in the 12th or 13th century.

Some of the oldest towns were Naantali, Rauma, Ulvila, Vyborg, Porvoo and Turku. All were founded in between the late 11th and 15th century.

Helsinki was founded in 1550, Turku sometime during the 13th century (the exact year is unknown)
    Last edited by Alkidas; April 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Because we didn't think we could have more settlements in Sicily and we had already chosen more important sits. Messina will probably get a PSF next to the harbour too so it will be a good place to store your troops even if you don't own the region. Crusaders could wait here with free upkeep until they could afford mercenary ships, so in this way it is more realistic than having a settlement that every incoming army would have to conquer in order to use.
    Do you mean the crusaders would have the ability to occupy another faction's PSF without it being a hostile action??

That's an interesting prospect; hmmm, but something tells me that it might not be doable. I think that some code will prevent other factions from inhabiting another faction's PSF or settlement without it being an act of transgression.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

Quote Originally Posted by OdinX View Post
    That's an interesting prospect; hmmm, but something tells me that it might not be doable. I think that some code will prevent other factions from inhabiting another faction's PSF or settlement without it being an act of transgression.
    such a barier would make sense. But IIRC even in vanilla you can pass through regions owned by other factions without it being considered an act. With PSF's might be a different story since it actually takes an attack to take one.

Either way it doesn't make much sense to 'store' crusader armies somewhere since they rebel if they don't move forward for a turn and no faction will attack a crusader army on it's way to a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    1080 AD is the start date of the campaign as I recall and Helsinki was first founded in the 15th century. Turku however is considered to be the oldest town of Finland, though it was first founded in the 12th or 13th century.

Some of the oldest towns were Naantali, Rauma, Ulvila, Vyborg, Porvoo and Turku. All were founded in between the late 11th and 15th century.

So are you gonna add any town in Finland, and if you are then wich one?

Only Turku in Finland, but there will be some PSF's.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

I had hoped for no less than Turku and Vyborg, oh well. By the way what does "PSF's" stand for?

Permanent Stone Forts
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I had hoped for no less than Turku and Vyborg, oh well. By the way what does "PSF's" stand for?
    Permanent Stone Forts, like in Brittania (Kingdoms)

I play: Third Age, Broken Crescent, Stainless Steel
    I wait for: Broken Crescent 1.5, The Last Kingdom, Dominion of the Sword

They are able to represent smaller settlements and castles.
    Turku will be the 'main' settlement, with Vyborg and another settlement as a PSF.