Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Map Guide version 1

taqui's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Map comments

Nice map, good work!
    Waiting to see the strategy map soon as well...
    Good luck!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Cheers, we hope to have something for you guys soon

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    I have added tens of rivers there and I will most likely need to cut them so the area is playable :-) Once I get to there I will post early screenies so you can give me some hints which one to keep and which I can scratch.
    Ok, great. When you are ready just post the pics and I will be more then happy to assist you in making that area of the map realistic and accurate.
    There are some areas of the Balkans where mountain ranges are just unavoidable and where even lakes could be added.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Laetus

Icon4 Re: Map comments

i am from turkey.I can make some comment to this map some places are bad sorry:hmmm:
    1)sea of marmara is very bad i think you can add a gulf rigt of the sea.It names Iznik Gulf its a historical and important place in the map.
    2)its a lovely map i like it i wish you can do Anatolia better because mods and original Medieval do Anatolia map wrong,ALWAYS!!

but thank you its a gerat work i wish this mod will my computer in March!! I wish!!!

The map is still going through some changes, but thanks for the feedback, I'm sure our Map dept appreciates it.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by toolga View Post
    i am from turkey.I can make some comment to this map some places are bad sorry:hmmm:
    1)sea of marmara is very bad i think you can add a gulf rigt of the sea.It names Iznik Gulf its a historical and important place in the map.
    2)its a lovely map i like it i wish you can do Anatolia better because mods and original Medieval do Anatolia map wrong,ALWAYS!!

but thank you its a gerat work i wish this mod will my computer in March!! I wish!!!
    1 thing - I doubt it would have been called Gulf of Iznik in 1080 - Anatolia (especially the coastal areas) was much less 'Turkish' back then.

Senator

Wow! - truly great work on the latest version of the map, Resurrection!

Thanks :-) More will come soon! Expect remade version of British Isles first. You will be able to compare old version and new version.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Thanks :-) More will come soon! Expect remade version of British Isles first. You will be able to compare old version and new version.
    I look forward to seeing this!
    The map in my eyes is a very important part of a mod - especially one like DOTS, and you appear to be making a very good job of it.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Resurrection you're godly!!!

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

If you guys are lucky I might have time to throw the settlements in for those screenies.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

taqui's Avatar Libertus

Wow, I've just seen Iceland and Ireland... awesome!
    For the next ones, could you show us the settlements on them?
    Thank for your job.

Suboutai is working on it, but there are missing 3 things, not just settlements, but resources and PSFs. Therefore I expect another screenshots of those areas once they are fully completed with what I have mentioned.

Is really the Caspian so big and irregular? And what are those lakes in the desertic north African shore?

Anyway, the map looks really great. Congratulations!
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member

Yes it is and the northern parts were not fixed yet as they are Volhian delta.

Not sure about the lakes in Africa as this was generated and this part was not overlooked yet too.

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Due to the fact that I am at work again today.. (sunday) I did not have the energy to get much done for the regions.. Though I am working on it. I am also going to be trying to speed up the process imensly with some new mapping software that Res and I are using. So hopefully By mid week I can live up to my part of the bargan and supply Res w/ said info. for you the people.

As for forestry, France should be more forested. Same for GB, Wales and Scottland being a bit less forested, because they're mountainous. You're probably basing on some satellite images. Back in the Middle Ages, forests weren't all cut down already. If you've learnt geography, you should know, that except for plateaus, mountains and steppes, there are no natural grasslands. There's also stuff like peatbogs, where the soil is too wet for trees, but most peatbogs eventually become forested, there's not much self-sustaining peatbogs, most have to be preserved by mowing and other actions. Anyway, a forest is the final, natural form of land arrangement. At the start of the time-frame you have here, people weren't already able to clear so much land of huge, primeval forests which grew in Europe. Also don't forget that the East was way behind with deforestation. Hence you should make Poland, Finland and all the rest there more forested than Western Europe.

Now onto another thing. Can't see it well on the minimap, but you might've copied the mistake of many other mappers, considering Poland.

This thing, called Mierzeja Helska (mierzeja = spit) didn't exist. Swedish maps from XVII (!) century show, that there were 6 islands there, no spit yet. Dunno how much were there in 1080, but it was even less formed. Also, look how narrow it is at parts currently. The current shape is also partly artificial.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

I think I will move to Ireland xD

Senator

A nice job, Ressurection
    Last edited by Basil 11; February 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: dm