Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Map Guide version 1

Default Re: Map comments

Quote Originally Posted by kekesvar.bingos View Post
    more woods and forests...
    Can you be more specific? Such statement withput any detail is virtually useless for me. Thx.
    Last edited by Resurrection; December 12, 2008 at 06:20 AM.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Senator

France looks nice...

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

All in all, the land should be more forested, I think he means.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Well I think there's enough forests, except the first pic where there are none because that area is still in developement.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers
    BTW my history is not quite as good as geography for mediaeval Scotland, do you have a source for that? Sounds interesting.
    Well, it was the river where the Battles of Stirling Bridge and Bannockburn were fought. See the following:

River Forth
    Battle of Stirling Bridge
    Battle of Bannockburn

The River Forth is not the same as the River Clyde, incidentally. The Forth effectively forms a barrier between the lowlands of Scotland and the highlands, and had its key crossing point at Stirling Castle. Hence the strategic importance of Stirling, and hence the fact that two of the most important battles of the Scottish Wars of Independence were fought nearby.

I must say, I find it absolutely amazing that so many mods in the past - mods which claim to focus on historical accuracy - have forgotten to add this river!

It is not unexpected though. You may have noticed I included like three times more rivers in GB then any other mod and I included Clyde and Forth atop after the first version. Most other mods simply resign on rivers and mountains (geography in general) despite these features are key strategic elements in Europe. How hard is it to conquer Wales if there is one settlement and no rivers? How hard is it to walk in Scotland and conquer if there is no rivers or packed mountains whatsoever? Fairly easy, which is not the case on my map anymore. And with PSFs this whole thing will be yet another and more challanging story :-)

All in all, the land should be more forested, I think he means.
    More forests say still nothing. I need to know where you think are not enough forests. France, England or Ireland or where? Hardly everywhere :-) I have added a lot of them into England and Scotland (may post new pics) already. Don't forget there are no settlements, resources nor PSFs, which will make the map more crowded and there needs to be space for them.

Anyway I need some more specific comments if you want something to be changed.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Don't you simply love those comments?
    "Move that town South"
    "The river needs more bends"
    The preciseness and details of these instructions takes my breath away every time.

The map is really great

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Any pictures of Norway?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Beautiful map, fellow!

This is what I have to say about the strategy map:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216027

The main changes I'd like to see are general darkening of western europe such as the sea and the colour of the land. I think the woodland should look wild and rugged. If possible I think different areas of the map should look worlds apart from each other. So looking at Scotland should feel completely different to looking at the Nile. I think this could be done most easily through use of colour and tone. Obviously dark tones for Scotland and light tones for Egypt. Areas in the northern part of the map really will be much darker in winter because the days are so much shorter so I think this should be reflected on the map too by the use of tone etc as previously mentioned.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Regarding the river in North west England, I think the Ribble may be a better choice than the Lune, which you have placed, since it was the English-Scottish frontier for several centuries, including, I think, at the time of the mod's start.
    Are there going to be any more updates any time soon?

Regards

We just got off of vacation like many others and we're just beginning to pick up on the mod, although a number of our members were working through the break to keep it moving along . So as for an update, sure, we might have some small things here and there, but don't expect another preview.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

Quote Originally Posted by OdinX View Post
    We just got off of vacation like many others and we're just beginning to pick up on the mod, although a number of our members were working through the break to keep it moving along . So as for an update, sure, we might have some small things here and there, but don't expect another preview.
    I meant just a few more map WIPs and stuff, but ok, I just want to start playing the first beta tbh

Yes, you can expect WIPs and the like since we do tend to use the feedback from the community.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Resurrection is very busy with real life so be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Regarding the river in North west England, I think the Ribble may be a better choice than the Lune, which you have placed, since it was the English-Scottish frontier for several centuries, including, I think, at the time of the mod's start.
    Are there going to be any more updates any time soon?

Regards
    I have some hard times locating the rivers you are talking about :-) I assume the one I placed is Lune (thanks, I did not know ) and you say Ribble would be better, but I do not know where that should be. Can you please post the map with those two so I know better? I gladly change it as since it was actual boarder it would be great, but I need to know how! Thanks.

Ok, this is a map of north west England, with the River Ribble highlighted

And I'm afraid I can't find a decent one of the Lune; suffice to say it is the one you included. As a resident of the area (I live in the bottom left of the green area on the map above) this is perhaps my one contribution to the supermod!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Areas such as south-eastern and south western Balkans should be mountainous, and more rivers added in the central Balkans. There are few awesome rivers such as: Sava, Danube, Drina, Morava, Vardar, etc.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

I was very busy IRL lately and the map was at stanstill. But today I finally managed to update British Isles and I consider them pretty much done, included all your suggestions (of course without settlements and PSFs yet). I have also improved France and I will move onto Spain, so expect new screenies, altough I cannot say when exactly. I greatly appreciate your feedback people, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Areas such as south-eastern and south western Balkans should be mountainous, and more rivers added in the central Balkans. There are few awesome rivers such as: Sava, Danube, Drina, Morava, Vardar, etc.
    I have added tens of rivers there and I will most likely need to cut them so the area is playable :-) Once I get to there I will post early screenies so you can give me some hints which one to keep and which I can scratch.