Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Optimized Released

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Empire Optimized Released

The bars that represent army size are not visible for me after installing this mod. Can't seem to get em to work with it either.

( Tried with only this mod activated aswell )
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Re: Empire Optimized Released

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonicus View Post
    Greetings,

I haven't tried this out yet, but it looks as though you put much effort into this optimization mod and for that I thank you. I don't want to seem like a whiner, but I have a pretty high-end computer (in fact, I bought it for gaming, but don't tell my wife that) and at times I seem to have a bit of a lag problem. I thought I would be able to play on Ultra without any problem and I can't. So, has anyone tried this on an updated rig? Again, I shouldn't complain but if I can run everything thing up to Ultra more smoothly, hey I am all for it.

Thanks again for all your effort on this. Even if "high-enders" do not really see any benefits from, at least there is now a shot for gamers with older computers to play this game.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Oh yeah, my short specs are:
    i7 920
    3GB RAM
    ATI HD4870 1GB

morrisonicus
    Depends on many factors, suffer from lag and stutter performance with SSAO, HDR enabled?

Does you GPU get real hot and the fan kicks in?

And could you live with a drop in eye candy?

i can just run @ 1680X1050 with everything enabled, X8AA X16QAF but not if i did this mod.

I`m a sucker for HDR,SSAO ect...... but the demands that empires has for these options, would off killed off my little old AMD 3700.

my Level Entry card Xfx 9600GT would popped 0ut of the PIC-E slot and would run for the hills.

if your happy with the way empires runs, then just wait for CA`s Next patch.

(Here's a cropped pic with every thing on)

(see i`m a sucker for shadows,HDR SSAO and all power hungry options.)

Quote Originally Posted by KillZoneGB View Post

Yes, you are right, CA really did not check history books when designing the Marines, they are really crapped!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

KillZoneGB - i tested your mod last night and the lag was horrendoud on everthing set high using your mod and using the Nvidia control settings as per your instructions, so i lowered everything back to where i was before but i do have buildings and ships in HIGH quality now and i can use Shader Model 3 with AA switched off!! i do see a FPS improvement but unsure how to get the stats on this, but in general i only like playing the game with my units showing all the ULTRA detail and not bothered on all the other stuff, as i run my own mod forum and mod units a lot!!
    So thanks man and will be checking back more often for updates! +Rep

This is what i am running:
    Windows XP SP3 (suppose its a 32 bit??)
    GeForce 7300 GT
    AMD Athlon 3200
    2 GB Ram
    Directx 9
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; July 30, 2009 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenil View Post
    Morrisonicus, those specs well exceed what should be necessarcy to play Empire on ultra with a smooth framerate, are you certain you do not have other factors contributing to your performance? Do you run regular virus/spyware/malware scans? Do you defragment your hard drive regularly? Do you have too much stuff running in the background (page file usage?)? If so, even on a modern rig, things like the above will kill your performance. This mod may help you out, but I honestly wouldn't think you would need it.
    Cheer Brenil, as he/she says a healthy system is a fast system, might want to check registry's`s as well.

Some defragers are better than others, good one will be able to defrag the system MDF bootup, page files. i tend to stay away from one that defrag by when created, puts mod files all over the place hehe

not to mention system updates.......

+1rep

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

Depends on many factors, suffer from lag and stutter performance with SSAO, HDR enabled?

Does you GPU get real hot and the fan kicks in?

And could you live with a drop in eye candy?

i can just run @ 1680X1050 with everything enabled, X8AA X16QAF but not if i did this mod.

I`m a sucker for HDR,SSAO ect...... but the demands that empires has for these options, would off killed off my little old AMD 3700.

my Level Entry card Xfx 9600GT would popped 0ut of the PIC-E slot and would run for the hills.

if your happy with the way empires runs, then just wait for CA`s Next patch.

(see i`m a sucker for shadows,HDR SSAO and all power hungry options.)
    Dang that ship looks good! Wish my card would do that...

Good luck Killzone and hope everybody figures out their issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Trcky View Post
    I would just like to say thank you for this great mod seems to work fine for me. I can definitely see an improvement in performance. Although i will have to do more testing in the grand campaign but so far so good. Now i can play with all settings on ultra with no lag excellent. THX again for this great mod......

My system settings.

Asus Maximus Motherboard
    4Gb DDR2 PC2-8500
    Q6600(Overclocked) 3.2G
    Gforce8800GTX 756mb
    Vista 64bit
    Your welcome glad its all sorted out.

just got to wait for CA`s Next patch, as this is only a temporary solution for me and anyone else who has problems. The textures do need to be repainted from scratch using the template sizes IMHO

We can Leave this for the Moders to do as i`m not very good when it comes to painting.

Blog...

I found and did a another 80meg(packed) of nasty battle tiles being DDS32, going back to the original templates and just going convert them to DXT5 and not re size them, just look to pixelated @ the moment /^2 (saves 3/4 Vram). bad design mosaic tiles would of been better. than one big Tile.

When i get this sorted out, i`ll repack -, and re-upload.

the units diffuse textures. DLC Elite units of the west i haven't touched, but they seem to run quite well with the battle tweaks. will be going back to 1088X612@75Mhz custom res.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelathur View Post
    The bars that represent army size are not visible for me after installing this mod. Can't seem to get em to work with it either.

( Tried with only this mod activated aswell )
    Don't you just love PC`s, and Don't tell the console only crowd, they only understand up down left right and fire, PC and cross users at least got something to talk about

Icon10 Re: Empire Optimized Released

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    Yes, you are right, CA really did not check history books when designing the Marines, they are really crapped!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby
    Мм..Excuse, but it is possible on more particularly as how to make, I have not absolutely understood, at us a language barrier. As well as that to me to make, that white colors textures structures have disappeared, when I use together this module and mini-mods on re-skin pack models.
    Right, download the pack file Manager (you will find it somewhere in the forums)
    Then use it to open the KillzoneGB pack.
    Then it will appear on the left.
    Right click it and scroll down the drop down box and hover your mouse over 'change pack type'
    Select 'Movie'
    then SAVE (this sometimes takes a few seconds, don't touch it!)
    Now make sure it is selected in ModManager and PLAY

Let me know how you get on

oh, by the way no problems with any "White" units playing any of my mods using your Nomips mod as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    KillZoneGB - i tested your mod last night and the lag was horrendoud on everthing set high using your mod and using the Nvidia control settings as per your instructions, so i lowered everything back to where i was before but i do have buildings and ships in HIGH quality now and i can use Shader Model 3 with AA switched off!! i do see a FPS improvement but unsure how to get the stats on this, but in general i only like playing the game with my units showing all the ULTRA detail and not bothered on all the other stuff, as i run my own mod forum and mod units a lot!!
    So thanks man and will be checking back more often for updates! +Rep

This is what i am running:
    Windows XP SP3 (suppose its a 32 bit??)
    GeForce 7300 GT
    AMD Athlon 3200
    2 GB Ram
    Directx 9
    Nice one man, as Tesco`s say "Every little bit Helps.", you will get a slightly better improvement when i get these Battles Tiles Done, same size this time but as DXT565 or DXT5 haven't made my mind up lol,

Ive done them / ^2 DXT5 but as mentioned above but they are pixelated. next installment would benift you further.

what i think you should do how ever is to lower the Unit(S) (not the Diffuse) HDR/SSAO templates to 256X256 (128X128), might allow you to use some HDR with no AA, but then again, it might look life a rembrandt painting (renaissance period)

Shame the 7`s cant do HDR and AA together.

Please feel free to repack, re-edit do what you like with the mod.

Life's one big learning curve, then you get Hitched

(they other night i found out land battles the 1st layer is water)

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Ah... so the mod only lowers the texture resolution...?

I'm getting a lot of crashes on my system.

Nice one man, as Tesco`s say "Every little bit Helps.", you will get a slightly better improvement when i get these Battles Tiles Done, same size this time but as DXT565 or DXT5 haven't made my mind up lol,

Ive done them / ^2 DXT5 but as mentioned above but they are pixelated. next installment would benift you further.

what i think you should do how ever is to lower the Unit(S) (not the Diffuse) HDR/SSAO templates to 256X256 (128X128), might allow you to use some HDR with no AA, but then again, it might look life a rembrandt painting (renaissance period)

Shame the 7`s cant do HDR and AA together.

Please feel free to repack, re-edit do what you like with the mod.

Life's one big learning curve, then you get Hitched

(they other night i found out land battles the 1st layer is water)
    Thanks mate for getting back and i will post some screen shots now of the Hessian Grenadiers i made with the detail on there hats from me and gary, they look superb!!!
    How do you lower the units HDR/SSAO templates to 256X256 (128X128)?? and what effect does the HDR have as i hate the Bloom anyways!!! its too bright!
    I will be upgrading soon to a nice PCI board and a 9600 GT card!!

Icon4 Re: Empire Optimized Released

oh, by the way no problems with any "White" units playing any of my mods using your Nomips mod as well!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6EXZZ2C nomips rewrite SM3.
    (recommended for low end cards or high end who aren't worries about dogie pixels lol )

If you like anything is this pack feel free to alter and chuck what you don't want

Too Pixely for me, later just going to change the DDS 32 to DXT5 no resize.

Hi stefaneke, just res sizing and changing formats to increase speed. No code alterations.

A lot more crashes means you might be running out of VRM, either reduce your res or lower AA/AF settings. or the DX memory sprite bug that CA have seem to cured in the next patch.

I would try lowering your res 1st.

Hey Croshy want to thank you for the Upload Link host provider
    Put in my favorites

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIEIKE View Post
    Right, download the pack file Manager (you will find it somewhere in the forums)
    Then use it to open the KillzoneGB pack.
    Then it will appear on the left.
    Right click it and scroll down the drop down box and hover your mouse over 'change pack type'
    Select 'Movie'
    then SAVE (this sometimes takes a few seconds, don't touch it!)
    Now make sure it is selected in ModManager and PLAY

Let me know how you get on
    ОК.
    Has made all as you spoke to me. Here:
    clicks

But Mod Manager after this operation, has ceased to see KiLLzone mod?

This:

And the army and remained in white colour.
    There are any ideas?
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; July 30, 2009 at 05:32 AM.

Sorry my bad, you make Killzones pack a mod pack and put it at the bottom of the mod manager list then, you make any re-Texture packs into movie packs.
    Cos its a movie pack it won't be seen by the mod manager, but it will have higher priority

Sorry about that, everything you did was right

Icon4 Re: Empire Optimized Released

Thanks mate for getting back and i will post some screen shots now of the Hessian Grenadiers i made with the detail on there hats from me and gary, they look superb!!!
    How do you lower the units HDR/SSAO templates to 256X256 (128X128)?? and what effect does the HDR have as i hate the Bloom anyways!!! its too bright!
    I will be upgrading soon to a nice PCI board and a 9600 GT card!!
    Use DXTBmp to load up the the Normal and Alpha Channel

Use your art package and re size both textures, save, then go back into DXTbmp then save select the format you wish to save.

http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/ used to work with Martin, One of the managers of JustFLight.
    Good program use it for most DDS textures, latest to work with CoD IWI DDS formats. i think?

You will find it in the beta programs, Might neeed also D/L install the latest MW DLL files.(self installer)

KillzoneGB - does the Pshaders3.pack work alongside the Nomips pack as well? so you have all three mods in mod manager together, yeah??

Quote Originally Posted by La De Da Brigadier Graham View Post
    I have the 9600gt superb value, I dont really like HDR myself, but I play on setting all set to Ultra!

KillZoneGB
    What I what to know sir will your mod do anything to enhance my Graphic or give an extra little bit?
    I have downloaded and installed but cant see any difference?
    However that might be because I need to change the setting in the Nvidia control panel any chance you could let me know which?
    Thanks!
    whats your Processor, O/S , Ram, HD speed, and what background tasks do you run in real time.

Me I don't have a the usual crap running from boot, then depended if i`m gaming or not, i shutdown further services. so i can get my processor to Idle under 1%. before launching.

Empire I even got to the extent of shutting down Internet tcp blah blah blah.

Turn this PC into A Console of sorts.

Created a custom res with Nvidia control panel, 1088X612 @ 75Mhz
    in the empires setting (N control Panel) take off Vsync and pre-render from 3 to 0
    Performance mode to Single Display.

on the 1st page of this post theirs an example of my card settings.

Any help?