Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Optimized Released

Default Re: Empire Optimized Released

Just had a "small" battle consisting of 24.000 men. These armies where properly balanced so I'll try to make a battle consisting of only 500 men militia units in 6 armies total. My specs:

E6600 @ 3.0 Ghz
    4096MB RAM
    ATI XFX 4870 1gb XXX @ 4890 speeds

I think the minimum fps in this battle was around 15-20 but mostly it stayed at 35-40 fps!

edit: My Brits are frenchies too now!
    Last edited by |Quintus Sertorius|; July 27, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

where is the memory.dll located in empire folder? can not find it or am i just placing the memory.dll from COH to empire? any place i should put it?
    Last edited by El-Vi-Riachi; July 27, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

Same here White Redcoats

Quote Originally Posted by KillZoneGB View Post
    Hi Croshy, woooha what other mods skins do you have installed, i wonder were the conflict lies.

I knew i was colour blind, well that's what the army bored said, but i can surely see the difference....

I`m glad its working much better, but we must get rid of those turn coats, or are you using Winter Camo to confuse the enemy j/k

Once again forum thank you for your comments.
    Ok i experimented a bit now, the British Texture Problem comes from the Lego British re-texture Pack, when i made a "Movie" instead of a "Patch" out of it the Problem was solved, will now see if i can change the Problem with the Unit Strength ...

Uhm is this Mod taking most performance by overwqriting Unit textures ??? if so that means this mod is not compatible with Custom Skins (at least in regarding the Performance enhancement) right?
    Last edited by Croshy; July 27, 2009 at 02:42 PM.

JayMac's Avatar Civis

I play Darthmod 2.5 commanders edition with ultra unit sizes, and even though I can't have anywhere near the ultimate settings, this did allow me to use shadows during a custom battle

I also used AUM for darth and those skins were not altered, For me it was just the British line infantry
    Last edited by JayMac; July 27, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Hi guys just saw a load more posts. just with a friend, chatting about d motion, Sensor motion devices etc etc for gaming, just the usual tech convo lol,

Love games when you can feel the game your playing.

I wonder how much empires would feel if it could use a D-motion chair, select horse cav, move the unit, and feel the chair, rocking back and fourth.
    oh and cant forget the but Kicker for shots taken and track IR to move the the pov. still if only...... lol

I`ll check back in a little while, its been a success thank you.

going to read the posts later on take care all

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by KillZoneGB View Post
    Hi guys just saw a load more posts. just with a friend, chatting about d motion, Sensor motion devices etc etc for gaming, just the usual tech convo lol,

Love games when you can feel the game your playing.

I wonder how much empires would feel if it could use a D-motion chair, select horse cav, move the unit, and feel the chair, rocking back and fourth.
    oh and cant forget the but Kicker for shots taken and track IR to move the the pov. still if only...... lol

I`ll check back in a little while, its been a success thank you.

going to read the posts later on take care all

Charlie
    Kk Mate, have a nice evening!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

your file could be hosted on megaupload.com, they host up to 1gb files sizes and hold them basically forever as long as they are being downloaded (and this one surely will)

hip63

Wow, you resized every single texture, that must of taken forever. I just tried out a fort siege, and I must say I did notice my FPS go up a few points.

I keep my game settings somewhere between high and low. I got about 10-15 FPS before the mod in my fort battle, and about 12-18 after the mod, same battle and same units.

I must again say you did an awesome job!!! I even with Custom Skins the game still runs perfect, and i finally can now even use Shadows ... WOOT ... a totally new Game experience!!!

For all that have problems with white textures, if you use Custom Skins, make a Movie Pack of them, then it works at least on my machine!

So can someone upload this thing to megaupload.com? I can't bother waiting 4 hours for 700mb

Can I ask if this means I could increase the unit sizes of my armies? I've always wanted to go past ultra (160 men per line infantry) by altering the game files so that it's like 300 or 400 men per line infantry, but I couldn't because my computer couldn't handle all the extra units unless I put the game on extremely low settings. Would downloading this allow me to increase those sizes as well as increase the graphical settings?

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

This is really good! +rep!

Can we expect more updates and improvements or it is just done?
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

JayMac's Avatar Civis

How do you save a skin as a movie? + Rep
    Last edited by JayMac; July 27, 2009 at 05:56 PM.

im having a problem man all my buildings, trees , flags, ect are all washed out looking/ look terrible compared to b4 (even tho i play on medium settings) whats wrong yous screenshots are crispy clear and sharp?

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Downloading this from your upload site is complete HEL! I have 54.0 Mbps and I can't get a better speed than 142Kbps...wtf...MEGAUPLOAD?, maybe...

Icon14 Re: Empire Optimized Released

Quote Originally Posted by Croshy View Post
    Ok i experimented a bit now, the British Texture Problem comes from the Lego British re-texture Pack, when i made a "Movie" instead of a "Patch" out of it the Problem was solved, will now see if i can change the Problem with the Unit Strength ...
    Hi Croshy, glad you found the problem, you sound a bit like me, love problem solving / and general editing. please if you want to host that version please do so same goes fo hip63 or anyone else.

has anyone tried a naval battle?

Officerpuppy, about 3 days got bored one weekend, could not stand poor performance in the america's,

rather has some veg on the battle field,HDR depth of field, SSAO, AAX8, AFx16Q ( control panel ), without running at 4fps, i knew my pc was crap compared to some guys.

but to read about problems regarding the latest Nvidia cards, having lag problems i was surprised.

Delved in a never looked back since....

Hopefully these guys with high end machines, wont need this mod when CA sort out what ever problems they have to sort out.

All i know a game in my eyes has to run smooth, i can cope with 15fps on average

Mortis, i hope it all works out for you and its worth the download.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

uploading to megaupload now, should have links posted in about half an hour

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by dougmadman View Post
    im having a problem man all my buildings, trees , flags, ect are all washed out looking/ look terrible compared to b4 (even tho i play on medium settings) whats wrong yous screenshots are crispy clear and sharp?

AFX16 and Texture Filtering set to High quality, on page 1

notice Maximum pre-rendered frames set to 0, decent frame rates and fluidness is also obtained.