Thread: [Request] Oh please gimme the real Rangers!

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default [Request] Oh please gimme the real Rangers!

Rangers should look like this:

See the hat? Keep it in mind...

At first glance they do look like the picture in the unit description...

...but oh my god, if you get closer it turns out they're actually from Buffalo Bills wild west show.

I've seen mods where the modder was able to change a model for another model, so I was hoping it is somehow possible to get the real hat, the one which is supposed to be the correct one, on the Rangers. Thanks in advance.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: [Request] Oh please gimme the real Rangers!

I think theres a mod with Rogers Rangers in which look like that, but i think you should be looking in the Unit Skins Thread
    Last edited by René Artois; July 27, 2009 at 03:31 AM.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

"..but oh my god, if you get closer it turns out they're actually from Buffalo Bills wild west show. "

lol, yeah I hate this as well. Theres a couple of guys who have made me unit replacement mods (see link in sig) maybe ask one of them to sort you out mate.

Those Rogers Rangers skins were made my Kave-In I believe they would be a good replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar # View Post
    "..but oh my god, if you get closer it turns out they're actually from Buffalo Bills wild west show. "

lol, yeah I hate this as well. Theres a couple of guys who have made me unit replacement mods (see link in sig) maybe ask one of them to sort you out mate.

Those Rogers Rangers skins were made my Kave-In I believe they would be a good replacement.
    Very impressive, seems I totally missed that mod. So what do you mean...you gonnas ask them? Or should I? How can I contact them? And what Rogers Rangers skins (I searched the topic you linked to for "rogers rangers", no match)?
    GODzilla(TM)

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Very impressive, seems I totally missed that mod. So what do you mean...you gonnas ask them? Or should I? How can I contact them? And what Rogers Rangers skins (I searched the topic you linked to for "rogers rangers", no match)?

No the link is for my textures, on that front page it gives the names of the guys who made me replacement mods ( tiyafeh or EmperorBatman999 ) I don't really know them as they just came forward on my thread and offered to make the mods so best ask them yourself.

The Rogers Rangers skins were made by Kave-In I'm sure if you search you'll find them or pull the skins out of Toontotalwars British mod

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

I do think the best model for a Ranger unit is the one in Toon's mod. But I hate how the vanilla gives the same skin to the Couerer des bios. The French Couerer des Bois should have more native dress, Algonquin buckskins, less uniform, even paint.

this is the most annoying/amusing bug that ive personally experienced, itd be nice if someone could explain why it happens, ive also found that when i zoom in on a generals bodyguard, exclusively in the Americas for some reason, their hats begin to revolve as i zoom, quite funny, but it ruins the cinematic effect a bit

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

This will be fixed in Brightworks mod along with many other model fixes which will be released shortly after the 1.4 patch.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275338

Quote Originally Posted by shindigero View Post
    ive also found that when i zoom in on a generals bodyguard, exclusively in the Americas for some reason, their hats begin to revolve as i zoom, quite funny, but it ruins the cinematic effect a bit
    I have fixed this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    This will be fixed in Brightworks mod along with many other model fixes which will be released shortly after the 1.4 patch.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275338

I have fixed this as well.
    Prepare for being rape....ehrm...reped!

/edit: Mhm...on a closer look this seems to be much more than just a fix-modification, there's new content also. Would you consider to release a "fix" version only of that mod, without new unit descriptions and new units?
    Last edited by GODzilla; August 02, 2009 at 01:05 PM.
    GODzilla(TM)

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    Prepare for being rape....ehrm...reped!

/edit: Mhm...on a closer look this seems to be much more than just a fix-modification, there's new content also. Would you consider to release a "fix" version only of that mod, without new unit descriptions and new units?
    My first version will just be a bug fixer for vanilla units (Brightworks lite), the second version will add a few new units such as the marine unit.

My first version will just be a bug fixer for vanilla units (Brightworks lite), the second version will add a few new units such as the marine unit.
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. +REP
    GODzilla(TM)

This sounds great! Have some more +rep!