Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Lord of the Ring" for TATW 1.4 (and 1.4.1) ; THE ONE ONE RING'S SCRIPT

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Icon2 "The Lord of the Ring" for TATW 1.4 (and 1.4.1) ; THE ONE ONE RING'S SCRIPT

THE LORD OF THE RING

I have constated that the excellent TATW mod has however a huge default, concerning the One Ring. I also decided to integrate to the mod somes effects and consequences of the Ring. I have also done this submod and I hope you will like it. I've try to make it nice, but if you see some errors, post here !

I have firstly post my work on Univers Total War - Mundus Bellicus, the total war french community website, but now I have tranlated it in english. It's not save compatible, you have to start a new game if you want to enjoy the new scripts.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Filefront link - basic files < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < <

Installation:
    1. Click on the link over. Paste the downloaded file (it is a .rar file, therefore you need winrar or winzip to open it) in the THIRD AGE folder (medieval 2/mods/third_age). Then make right click, and choose to “extract here”. Accept all the modifications.
    2. This last version is in french. You have also to install the english texts (thanks to Laius who corrected them). Note that this patch include the compatibility files for the 1.4 version. Download this> > > patch including translation and 1.4 files < < < and paste this .rar file (not decompressed) in the THIRD AGE folder (medieval 2/mods/third_age). Then make right click, and choose to “extract here”. Accept all the modifications.
    3. Now you can install some compatible submods.
    4. FIXE FOR THE 1.4.1 : Fixes for compatability with TATW 1.4.1 ; Thanks to Acrkite who made it. Install One Ring Mod as normal > Instal TATW 1.4.1 > instal OneRingFixes

Unfortunately, it isn't compatible with most submods (not those just improving the graphic aspects). Only compatible with TATW 1.4 and Dea Paladins Additional Units.

OTHER MIRRORS ARE AVAILABLE IN ATTACHEMENT (hosted on TWC)

In the spoiler below you have the list of the modded files, also if another mod changes those files too they are not compatible.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• World/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    • Text => historic_events.txt => export_ancillaries.txt => names.txt
    • export_descr_ancillaries.txt
    • descr_names.txt
    • export_descr_character_traits.txt
    • descr_faction_standing.txt
    Files in medieval2/mods/third_age/data; green files aren't necessary, but red files have to be installed.

Actual Content:

- Advantages (and also disadvantages) related to the Ring more important (more resistance, but any carrier of the Ring regularly loses points of loyalty towards his faction)
    - superb events movies and screens (4 new event movies)
    - a new system of apparition for the ring. Starting game in the Shire (as it is in the story, compare dates), it will never reappear in the same region all the times. Moreover, if the Ring is lost, you will be able to refind it by searching in the last region where it was.

EVIL FACTIONS :
    - the Evil factions can use the power of the Ring. This results in an inimagineable richness, gigantic armies, and superhuman powers. But be careful; losing the ring could reduce you to the state of comatose larva…
    - If an evil faction theother than Mordor discovers the Ring, it is confronted with a terrible dilemma; to return his jewel to the Dark lord or to keep it? Obviously one of these two exits will be rather badly seen by your Black Suzerain… Side player of the good, here is from now on a requirement of size; if you lose the ring vis-a-vis an evil general, that could be your last error, returning the Ring to Sauron!
    - If Sauron recovers the Ring, that goes …. change the situation! Await you to suffer if you are Gondor, and to laugh by looking at Gondor if you are Eriador. Moreover, that will return the evil factions more subjected even and obeying towards Sauron.

GOOD FACTIONS :
    - effects of the ring for good factions implemented (advanges and also... surprises...)
    - you can choose to use it, or to keep as far as possible from the servants of Sauron. Choose to hide it allow you to try to destoy it too.
    - a good faction having the ring can destroy it while going on the mount Doom and by selecting the carrier. If the Ring is destroyed, a beautiful event starts, Mordor is destroyed, Sauron is definitively expelled out of the Middle-Earth and the remaining evil factions disunite from/to each other. You are the best! (in this case better than a famished and effeminate hobbit which it misses a finger ...yeah…). To mark the event, the carrier sees his personality improved if he makes a success of its task.

Now the future version will only correct errors and bugs, and add minor improvements.
    Last edited by Nirnaeth Arnoediad; March 16, 2010 at 06:47 AM.

Default Re: The Lord of the Ring, le Seigneur de l'Anneau, el Señor del Anillo

Bien joue! Tu penses finaliser le mode quand?

J'attends la sortie de la version 1.2 de TATW, afin d'adapter mon mod, et après je continuerai le travail. J'ai encore beaucoup de films à créer et c'est long. Sans compter le code qui est un vrai labyrinthe... J'aurais peut-être fini fin août.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

I wait the release of the patch 1.2 before working on the second part of my minimod. I still have to make many films event for my mod, and it takes a long time. Maybe at the end of august.

Why nobody download my mod ?

I have worked a lot on this mod to create something challenging and beautiful (movies).

Maybe do you want more compatibility with others submods ? If yes, please post your wishes below, and I'll try to adapt my mod.
    Last edited by Archaon; August 13, 2009 at 06:08 AM. Reason: double post

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: "The Lord of the Ring" submod; destroy or use the Ring of Power?

Wow! This mod looks really cool ! I sit compatible with RR/RC? Nice work !
    RTR RULES!!!!

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Looks cool, looks like i am going to have to create yet another mod folder for TATW mini-mods!
    +Rep
    Last edited by BanditKS; July 28, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Ah, totally missed this one. My French is a bit rusty so I say it short, bon travail!

+rep

= Morgoth Bauglir ='s Avatar Laetus

I've just downloaded this mod, going to try it out

great sub-mod!

Nice work

Zikko's Avatar Tiro

Not denying your hard work, but just doesn't fit for me.

bentlemp's Avatar Civis

Wow I've been waiting for something like this for quite some time! Great mod...I'll try it out tonight!
    Just call me BENTLE, everyone else does...

Thank, I'm honored by yours congratulations. I'have made a 100 % compatible version with the RR / RC (lore) submod.
    I'll try to finish my minimod as fast as I can, but nethertheless unfortunately it means not before 2 weeks, because I'm in holidays...

After the release of the patch 1.2 I will adapt my mod to the new scripts, and try to implement the effects of the ring for corrupted good factions.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

I will try to say it in french too
    I've just finished a french course, so please notice me of any spelling errors

C'est un tres bon modification, et je crois que tu a fait une bonne travaille!

Many errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Fable View Post
    I will try to say it in french too
    I've just finished a french course, so please notice me of any spelling errors

C'est un tres bon modification, et je crois que tu a fait une bonne travaille!

Many errors?
    A lot !

Correction : C'est une très bonne modification, et je crois que tu as fait un bon travail !

But it's a good start, and after all a french would have easily understand. Your english touch is amazing, and so caracteristic.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    A lot !

Correction : C'est une très bonne modification, et je crois que tu as fait un bon travail !

But it's a good start, and after all a french would have easily understand. Your english touch is amazing, and so caracteristic.
    I knew hehe
    I've just tried it out, great really
    look forward to future versions

I'll try again:

je sais
    J'ai juste essai ca, et c'est tres bonne
    je me réjouis de le version prochaine

Right this time? :p
    Last edited by Fable; July 29, 2009 at 03:46 PM.

J'ai juste essai ca, et c'est tres bonne
    It should be :

je viens de l'essayer , et c'est très bon !

Last edited by Killerbee; July 29, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Anduril248's Avatar Miles

i want compatibility with the two additional/modified units mods, by agostino and Dea Paliden

One little question, Is this compatible with "divide and conquer sub-mod"?

Juste une petite question, loin d'être dommageable mais bien nécessaire à mon interogation, est-ce que ce sub-mod est compatible avec le sub-mod "Divide and conquer"?

Thanks in any case for the answer.

Merci à l'avance dans tout les cas pour une réponse.
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Anduril248's Avatar Miles

is this mod in english?

Il y à une erreure lors de l'extraction du fichier, avec le Rc/RR version.

Enfin j'espère que ce sera corrigé rapidement j'ais hâte de l'esseyer!

Merci beaucoup!

There is some sort of mistake when extracting the file with the Rc/Rr.

I hope the mistake will be correct soon, I can't wait to try this out!

data\fmv\faction\evil_loose_ring.bik. Le fichier est corrompu
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast