Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Nice. Your empire though looks to be fractured from rebel and barbarian incursions. I suggest you make the proper sacrifices to the gods and ask for assistance in crushing all those dissenters.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Did somebody succeed in conquering India? I mean, not destroying the Gupta Empire, but holding all their cities and towns bursting with squalor and unrest? Looks like even a full stack army could not keep Indian citizens from riots.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Nice. Your empire though looks to be fractured from rebel and barbarian incursions. I suggest you make the proper sacrifices to the gods and ask for assistance in crushing all those dissenters.
    I will, when the eastern frontier is secure. On the western side Heraclianus the Horseman is ready to battle the goths and Sirmiun holds an important garrison whhich will try to reconquer Dalmatia, starting with Sengidum which was conquered by an enormous army of thervingi. At least I killed Shapur in Ctesiphon and his son and heir is making some trouble by sending good full stacks, against me, and also is decimnating kidarites and guptas with the sassanids power.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

A couple of screens to boast of (356 campaign, 6tpy):

3rd turn. Allemani are smashed. I annihilated their armies one by one (and two by two) with one stack of my chosen leggionaires, took chieftains prisonner or killed them. I tried to sack their capital, but, as usually, they attacked me with a pop-up army. I crushed despicable barbarians and killed their king who made a sally from the besieged capital . To my great surprise, he had no heirs any more, thus the Kingdom of Allemani ceased to exist. I could sack their towns and gain so much need denari!

5th turn. My expeditionary corps made up of Spanish and North-African troops had annihilated two Berber armies on the way to Dimmidi and Ghardaia and sacked defenseless cities. Berbers kaputt, all North Africa belongs to Emperor Valentinianus!

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Nice well done, I on the other-hand never destroy factions, like to mount punitive raids, but never exterminate an enemy

Signature made by Joar

You've abandoned Britain! Curse you!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Good, Methodios!!! Now destroy and sack and esterminate and annihilate and eradicate and enslave Constantinople and the East!!! The world then will be your!

Don't forget England. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    I on the other-hand never destroy factions, like to mount punitive raids, but never exterminate an enemy
    There're two factions I destroy gladly: the Gaelic tribes and Berbers. The consequence is, the British Isles and Mahrib are free of barbarians and I don't gave to maintain strong and expensive garrisons over there. Especially as because the Berbers and the Gaels are aggressive scums who tend to build from nothing full stacks of fierce warriors led by high-ranked generals.
    As for the poor Allemani, well, I had no intention to go so far and destroy them. I just wanted to get some cash There was really no need to finish them. I like weak tribes on my borders trying to bite each other's head off for a purposeless settlement with 400 inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Harald I Hardrade View Post
    You've abandoned Britain! Curse you!
    Take it easy, konungr I've left Britain for you - you have yet 700 years to plan your invasion.

Joking apart, I always abandon Britain and destroy my cities over there - it provides me with so much needed money at the beginning of the campaign. I think, it's better to calm riots in Gallia, Spania and North Africa by building new troops and constructing new buildings in "red" settlements, as well as throw the Franks back with my troops from Londinium and Eburacum, than to struggle with the Gaels having no money and tons of riots all over the Empire. I'll be back, I'll be back - just let me teach the Franks a good lesson and restore economics.

Like good old Harald hardrade. Except hopefully you don't suffer a stray arrow in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Good, Methodios!!! Now destroy and sack and esterminate and annihilate and eradicate and enslave Constantinople and the East!!!
    Well, I am no barbarian. I won't plunder the Eastern cities, I'm gonna... persuade them to join my great empire

Quote Originally Posted by Harald I Hardrade View Post
    Like good old Harald hardrade. Except hopefully you don't suffer a stray arrow in your throat.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Deyr fé,
    deyja frændur,
    deyr sjálfur ið sama.
    En orðstír
    deyr aldregi
    hveim er sér góðan getur.

Deyr fé,
    deyja frændur,
    deyr sjálfur ið sama.
    Eg veit einn
    að aldrei deyr:
    dómur um dauðan hvern.

Nice Western Empire you got there.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

So here's mine 355 6pty Julian campaign M/M.
    Year as you can see is 361.

First, I had to deal with Alemanni - must say turned out good for me. There was an army in Alps, which I used to take both their cities near my borders, suffering hard from reinforcing armies. To my surprise they didn't horde, because one of their armies had taken a settlement north of Quadi lands.
    So... the remaining alemanni hordes moved there and bothered someone else. (Hehe)
    What can I say about Franks? Don't attack them - their throwing axes cuts through troops like knife through butter, but when they attack I can stop them from using this disgusting feature by countercharge or archers.

Romanum rebels suddenly emerged and I saw a way to boost my economy by taking former ERE lands. They didn't find it funny so Constantius attacked me. I didn't have to make short work of them - the script did(Ravenna, Sirmium, Carthage). Eventually I caught up with Constantius and wacked him in a hopeless battle(for him). Fighting in Aegean and Constantinopole was hard - when I laid siege on Constantinopole were 4 reinforcing armies in the same turn (Thank RAM for no CTD).

After taking Sirmium I recieved the Iazyges problem from ERE - large armies with heavy cavalry and horse archers - that's it bridge battle for you my annoying foe. In the end I sent them on a horde, and that was when I first saw huns - they caught me off guard and took Campus Carpi that I had got from Iazyges(not cool).

My economy is AWES0ME, but I have all what I need to fight back.
    (I hope the pics are ok.)

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Am I the only one who like playing as the son of Constantine!!
    PS: Diocle there is no need to offer your opinion

Signature made by Joar

I like playing as Constantius. I RP as a scheming bastard . Lol

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great pics, richs1999 - thanks for sharing your campaign!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Have not played any Roman campaign yet, but when I am about to start one I certainly choose either Constantius II or Valentian I.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    PS: Diocle there is no need to offer your opinion

Constantius, you are a good man! .......but I want to say only this: Probably as you correctly noticed the son of Constantinus is not so loved here ..........we should ask, why?......Can I try an answer?
    Well it is all the fault of Ammianus! Like Tacitus created the negetive mythology about Nero or Caligula, so did Ammianus for the poor Constantius, who actually was a true serial killer of his own family but, apart from this, he was probably a good defender of the ruins that his father had produced!

At least my Stalin's tactic have been nearly succesful, I let the goths attack my cities in Greece, they even reache Athenae, and now their lines are overextended and I have outflanked them attacking their home cities like Colonia Dacia, with an elite army with domesticorum pedites, veteran cavalry, celtices seniores and Heraclianus the Horseman as its powerful general. Also my powerful, hardened and veteran garrison in Sirmiun under Julius Terintilius will advance to crush the goths and quadis backs. Also as Persian wars are nearly to be finished I have reconquered great parts of the empire, only one region left to conquer in Gaul and reconquering Dalmatia.

I will post photos, now my empire is not crippled by rebellions and invasions, I will post my results.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.