Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

Laetus
    briey France (Gallia Belgica prima:Roman empire)

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here!

My imperium Procopi 365 6/6

[IMG]RomeTW-BI 2014-07-09 22-01-13-34[/IMG]

My Sassanid Empire in the autumn of 367 AD. Ι attacked and captured Calinicum in the first turn and with the money I gained from the looting, I bought an expensive alliance with the Lakhmids and the ERE. I managed to resist the Indian and Kidarite attacks in my eastern frontier (capturing Bamiyan and the southwestern Indian region, in the process), until almost all the western armies arrived in Aria. I even have numerical superiority now, so it's become a cakewalk, with the Indians having only one full stack and the Kidarites reduced to only one region, Sogdiana:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Suddenly, though, a full stack of Kidarites appeared out of nowhere (I guess it's a script for factions threatened by extinction), which made me a bit upset, as I had sent all my armies to deal with the elephant spammers, but thankfully they accepted my offer to become my client state. I gave them all my cash, only to get it back next turn. One of my most enjoyable TW campaigns and definitely the most enjoyable campaign I ever had with RTW.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Nice to see the pics and hear about yur campaign! Thanks for sharing. I must try a Sassanian campaign soon once I finish my Procopius one!

I have recently learned that you can play several or all factions using Myrddraals hotseat script. Has anyone tried this in SAI? Seems like hilarious fun to have the barbarians gang up on the empire.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Really?
    Please do say more...

I knew that you could switch factions in the middle of the campaign by altering the script a bit (for example, adding the line console_command control Alemanni), but this hotseat script sounds awesome.

Yes. Search that script I mentioned. It lets you generate the code for any number of factions. Its basically the console _command control faction line fourth and back at the beginning of each factions turn you want to play. I havent tested it yet but from what people say it appears to work. You just put the lines it generates in the IBFD script. What you cant do is giving control back to the AI, because that seems to retard the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Nice to see the pics and hear about yur campaign! Thanks for sharing. I must try a Sassanian campaign soon once I finish my Procopius one!
    How's Procie going? Meanwhile, I continue my expansion, although I had decided not to blitz this time. Unfortunately, Byzzies were so aggressive, that I basically had no option. After all, better to deal with them, before the Armenians finish off the Huns and decide to gangbang me...
    I massacred a couple of Indians so passionately, that their last settlement Pesawar, gave up without a fight. In what concerns the Hepthalites, I attacked Marakanda, killed Madyesh, their pathetic faction leader and quickly retreated, before the might of 100 horse-archers. Result: Hepthalites destroyed, not horded. Then, I sent all my armies in Mesopotamia (allowing Phrataphernes to subjucate some guys in the proccess), just in time to defend my lands from the Romans. They kept spamming full-stacks, so I was forced to conquer Syria, to convince them to adopt a more friendly policy (meanwhile, Mardie captured half a dozen eagles).
    Then, my trustworthy allies, the Lakhmids, carefully avoided all the forts I had built in Euphrates and surprisingly besieged Ctesiphon. I lack reserves, but I'm confident that I'll prevail over their weak units. In the rest of the world, the Berbers conquered almost everything, apart from Tingis, but generally WRE does well. They're about to lose London, though, and Procie has captured their Balkan regions, but the Germans seem suspiciously peaceful.

Well, the Lakhmids just melted away. Baryaxes campaigned, killed indiscriminately, conquered, repeated, until the Lakhmids turned into nothingness. Unsurprisingly, the Armenias tried to stab me in the back. I said "tried", because I'm filthy rich, so I stationed six-full stacks on my borders, just in case. As a result, despite their fierce resistance and the spawning of six-full stacks near Erivan, it was a quick and bloody (mainly for the Armenians) campaign. Rhazates exterminated the last of them in the Alanni steppes. Finally, when Phrataphernes, Arsamenes and Xerxes crushed the northern hordes, only ERE remained. Two frontiers were formed:
    1: In the south, two full stacks were ordered to imitate Cambyses. They did, almost without facing any resistance, and Dataphernes was declared satrap of Egypt. Meanwhile, Mardonius of the Eagles, accompanied by three full stacks, incorporated eastern Asia Minor to the Sassanid Empire and Artaphernes systematically erased the Roman islands from the map, forcing the Romans to become my client kingdom. Then, I decided that the Huns weren't loyal enough, so I betrayed them. Two sieges later, Hypanis and the Sabirs were mine, while the hens joined the Romans in my clients list.
    In world's history, Procopius and the Quadi crushed the Roman resistance in northern Italy, reaching eastern France. Burgundians, Saxons, Vandals and Franks are busy killing each other, while the Alemanni have claimed northern Gaul as their rightful clay. The Quadi (militarily the second most powerful faction) are slaughtering Goths, while the Berbers own northern Africa and Andalusia after a long series of battles with the Romans. Let the mice bite each other, Sinope was bribed to join me and an interesting message appeared on my screen:
    A very enjoyable campaign. Campaign-wise the best RTW mod I ever played, but battle-wise simply the best of all. It perfectly matched with my opinion about how battles should be played. Congratulations on creating IB.

Icon1 Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here! 361 Julian is out of control!

I can't remember if Joar or Gäiten had some health issues, so this campaign is dedicated to both of you guys, hope now you're ok. Using the strategy I developed I'm going for fastest full map conquest (maybe someone has already done it better than this), 361 Julian campaign, vh, vh. Only problem...finding the time. For now, I'm here(a bit scared of the whites) Link to strat: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?805755-Your-turn-0-on-IB-SAI-Julian-campaign-361AD(vh-vh)-or-better-yet-MCXIV-a-U-c

Default Re: Post your empire/kingdoms here! 361 Julian is out of control!

Julian 361, vh-vh, 6tpy(default campaign)

It's over, could have been even faster if I moved the capital to the East. every settlement is under control, Kalla would have been but I couldn't destroy the temple.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Well done!
    I will encapsulate this approval on my prize wall, dear Caledonian patrician. Btw, still waiting those screenshot for RestitutorOrbis Ave atque Vale, from a village near Aquileia.

@Arminius92 How long did it take you to do all this? Time in the game and in real life . Congratulations
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    @Arminius92 How long did it take you to do all this? Time in the game and in real life . Congratulations

Thanks my dear Gallic Caesar. It's the default campaign, so 6tpy, 361-373...so 72turns, plus the 374 was almost over...so for sure <80turns. Real life it was a back&forth for 3months, some evenings(9pm till 1.30am). after the first few turns, where you CANNOT make a mistake, it was all good. 1st turn took 3hours, I'll post it if anyone wants to avoid that mess, plus some other tips.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011