Thread: Installation Question

Default Installation Question

I dont have currently any TROM installed on my clean copy of Empire and was wondering if I should download part 1 or part 2 or both thanks for the help.

Default Re: Installation Question

both

Okay sir I'm gonna trust your 3 posts and go ahead with it thnx for the help..

Go figure 3 posts was wrong and now i get the white screen every time!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

But... it IS both. You need to use LtChambers' Mod Manager to activate all of TRoM's pack files and launch the game, as well as any additional mods that are compatible with TRoM that you want to use. Part 1 and Part 2 are both essential bits of the mod (Part 1 is the text files that are more easily updated, and Part 2 is the big content package that doesn't change so often).

You might also want to try not to being rude to people who gave you a correct answer to your question. Alternatively, you could just download it and read the readmes, which also explain it...
    Most Serene.

When I brought up the mod manager there was nothing there so I uninstalled AGAIN and reinstalled and deleted the scripts reinstalled BOTH mods into my E:TW data directory and like I said before it didn't work....

Figured it out it wasn't what you had in mind at all so I'll just take credit for this one CHEERS!!

You dont need to use a mod manager. If you follow the instructions that was given. Part #1 and part #2 in the downloads. And I do believe it states in instructions that you need part 1 and part 2. So I`am correct on that.

Make that 5 posts and couple of edits....

Here are the instructions..

Download both Trom Core Part 1 and Part 2. The downloads are now separate, but BOTH ARE REQUIRED!

1) Extract the all the .pack files from both Part 1 and Part 2 to your data directory, usually: [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

2) Select the user.empire_script.txt file from the correct folder, based on whether you have downloaded the media or music packs, or both. You want TROM Core Only, unless you downloaded the media and music packs.

3) Copy the user.empire_script.txt to: [drive]:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (Vista)\ or [drive]:\Documents and Settings\[you]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (windows xp) OR you can download LT Chamber's mod-manager in liue of steps 3 and 4. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335)

4) Go to: [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Make a safe back up of startpos.esf and scripting.lua to a secure location. You will need this file again if you wish to uninstall this mod.

5) Extract the startpos.esf to: [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

6) Extract scripting.lua to [drive]:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

7) Start ETW. If the range of a line unit is 90, and you can recruit both [Named] Regiment of Foot and Regiment of Foot in a European capital (i.e. British Regiment of Foot and Regiment of Foot in London), the mod has installed correctly.

*** Non-English Users ***
    Please note that the custom strings used for The Rights of Man will overwrite any localization in your version of the mod. This means that you will be presented in strings in both your language of choice, and English. Please delete trom_text.pack from the \data directory, if you do not want to see the English strings.

*** Using the Optional Flags, Smoke and Blood, and Battle Sounds ***

If you would like to use these optional mini-mods for TROM, please download and use LT Chambers mod-manager. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335)
    Last edited by Tride01; July 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Dam ur right...good call on ur part I got everything working except I can't find this file that the install specifies..user.empire_script.txt file from the correct folder,

One thing I`ve found out after a fresh install of empire you need to start game and exit so that will save your preferences in the c:\user\name\etc.etc, cause if not it wont be there. Cause thats were your preferences will go, like sound,video, etc,etc..
    That file is located in part #1 of download....There should be like 4 folders, TROM Core + Media, etc,etc just depends on if your going the pictures,music trom has, if not u will use TROM Core only. Just open it up and that file is in there.
    Oh, also if you downloaded 1.52 version it might lock up on beginning of turn 2.
    Last edited by Tride01; July 25, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

ohh its in the user name file i thought it was a sub-folder in the empire main folder thanks