Thread: Where to go next year?

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Default Where to go next year?

Well I graduate from college and commission next year, and I want to take a vacation before I enter the real Army. I want to go somewhere big where I'll remember for the rest of my life.

So far I'm thinking:

Las Vegas - Well its Vegas
    The Middle East - Heard its cheap in the summer and may be interesting. Stop by Dubai and get the Vegas experience...
    South Korea - Was born there, but I may be able to get there on Army dime eventually.
    Europe (Mostly UK, but also some Continental) - Would love to see it, but look at the above.

Where else is there to look at?
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Where to go next year?

Hmmm...

Go to Rome if you want to see history. Its like big museum whole city! everywhere you go you see something over 2000 years old. And food...

China is good alternative. There is evertthing.

Well if you want remember everyting..dont go to Ibiza.

If you want to see pure nature, silence and beauty, come to Finland. Maybe you see santa claus, go to fish, or in winter go to ski.

Cairo is pritty cool. Hot, traffic jams, noise. But very fascinating place.

Dubai...wow... Beach and city in one place. And everyting what they build. Its not so expencive place, and becouse the time which we life(economical crisis) Everything is mucn cheaper.

Some places in Africa. Go to safari, or somewhere very poor place. You can see how differend life can be.
    Last edited by Finlander; July 25, 2009 at 07:48 AM.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Well there is a good chance you will end up seeing Europe (Germany) as well on your travels with the army, and possibly Britain.

Due to this fact, I would say go somewhere you are not likely to ever go again. Las Vegas will be cheaper for you as its in the US, although I imagine you will blow a LOAD of money once you are there, and it is probably the sort of place you will never forget.

Middle East also sounds good, and I would love to go myself. Just make sure you lead up on some of the laws before you go there or you may end up in prison for holding hands or kissing in public or some other BS. As you said, Dubai sounds like one hell of a place. They are planning on building a Las Vegas style street, that is twice the size of the actual street in Las Vegas. Add that to a Theme Park the size of Birmingham, the largest building in the world that is having an extra story added every 8 days, and all the other crazy stuff they have going on there. Again, not the sort of place you will be forgetting any time soon.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Central Asia, Russia, Eastern Europe in general. Dirt cheap apart from Russia.

Iran Syria.

Europe -Barcelona is an absolute must, as well as Rome and London and Berlin.

Skip Dubai, you'll get to the Gulf anyway in uniform and it's a hell hole.
    Last edited by Gumpfendorfer; August 02, 2009 at 10:41 AM.

The tower of Piza that where you have to go, Tuskany a great region in Italy.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Pisa is a touristic hole: there's a tower and the church.....and that's it

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The huge mountains of the Alps you'll never forget though that wouldn't be an ideal vacation for you if you want a Vegas experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Taxandrius View Post
    Pisa is a touristic hole: there's a tower and the church.....and that's it
    And cafes

Singapore and Hong Kong both look very good, maybe Indonesia or Thailand, latter for beaches. Also Tokyo and the hot springs in Japan look awesome.

Delta228's Avatar Ducenarius

Go to Wales. Just Wales. Go to Snowdonia and do some hiking and climbing. Then check out all the castes. The best part is, Wales only has like 4 million people, and there are almost no tourists there.

If you want to see military stuff, which it sounds like you might not because you are about to get a lot of it , take a contenential Europe trip and just head to Normandy, Waterloo, Somme, Verdun etc. It makes for a great trip, especially the WW1 stuff

Go to Kazakhstan and sneak into China!

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I would say China or India, perhaps even NEpal to see the Himalayas.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    The Middle East - Heard its cheap in the summer and may be interesting. Stop by Dubai and get the Vegas experience..
    I'm pretty sure you're going to be spending plenty of time in the Middle East, so I wouldn't waste a vacation on it.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Go to Kazakhstan and sneak into China!
    Lol
    I dont get???

Well for me out of your 4 tops
    Europe seems the best...
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicζ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Norway!
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

If you have time and money, go to Asia.

First be in Beijing maybe one week.
    Then, two days in Hong Kong and Shanghai

Then go To Japan by ship

Week in Tokyo
    and few days in lovely counrtyside of Japan

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hεb

Pisa is a touristic : there's a tower and the church.....and that's it
    Aaaand... surprise, surprise... that's because you only went to the ridiculous touristed places otherwise you'd know how great a city it actually is.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Tominokar's Avatar Artifex

Middle East, it's an amazing place to travel with so much culture, history and epic landscapes. The people are among the friendliest I've ever met as well. I've just returned from 5 weeks backpacking in Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon, was brilliant. Petra in Jordan was the highlight, closely followed by Cappadocia in Turkey and various things in and around Aleppo in Syria. If you want a few pictures I can provide.

Forget Dubai though, you can go anywhere in the world for a beach or shopping or whatever else you'd do in a corporate City like that. No personality whatsoever.

"Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible." - Mark Jenkins

South & Central America are incredible. You can do it pretty cheaply as well. The Ritz Carlton in Santiago, for example, is the cheapest Ritz in the world at around $150 (USD) a night for a nice room. Additionally, they don't skimp on the Ritz experience there either, so you can get a luxury stay for a couple nights which will go a long way.

There is plenty of outdoor rural, and urban experiences to be had as well so you don't get totally roped into doing just one thing.

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

Visit Amsterdam before the Army takes away your opportunity to enjoy it like other people do (which isnt the best way imo but still fun as hell).
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC