View Poll Results: Shall Erwin Rommel become a Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 20.00%
  • No

7 70.00%
  • Abstain

1 10.00%

Thread: [FAILED 08/01/09] [Citizen] Erwin Rommel (Patron: Thanatos)

Default [FAILED 08/01/09] [Citizen] Erwin Rommel (Patron: Thanatos)

Client: Erwin RommelGentlemen of the CdeC.

I am of Erwin Rommel. So I guess this is my third try already here in a space of my 4 years in here. With that time I have been a kind member never garnering any flak from anybody or something really serious, well at least from what I can see. With all this stay why not give back to the TWC community, after all, being addicted to TWC Crack.

So why not turn to something lucrative and contribute something to TWC with all the spam and shens? And voila, after working a stint under Elzabar, I became the second Helios Reporter for the Coliseum Sub Forum where all the spams and shens are there to rival that of Thema, but this I am here to report it.

Helios 32: It's the Hoopy Froods!

Helios 33

Helios 34: What comes before Part B?

Helios 35 - A New Hope

Helios 37 - The February Chill

Helios 39 - Streamlined Edition

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260910

Helios 42 - Live and Dangerous

This is my favourite one

Thus, after that, 12 months, recieving a Silver Quill in the process, and I am grateful to all of you out there, my Helios boss, Freddie, the guy who is willing to patron me, Thanny, the guy who introduced me to Helios, Elz, the dudes who still continue to post in the You are banned! Thread and the other gynormous threads with over 2000 posts alone. Hell actually I'm enjoying this stint though sifting through all the spam to find posts "for teh lulz" that are epic win can be sometimes hard to find though very rewarding.

And with this I hope to make the grade with you guys.

Patron: ThanatosA longtime member, Erwin Rommel has gone from a regular poster to a regular contributor to the TWC community, helping out in a wide variety of threads, as well as serving extensively as a Helios writer, eventually earning him a Silver Quill.

Given these past accomplishments, I have all the confidence that he will continue to do the same, and happily offer him up for patronization.

Previous attempts here and here.
    Last edited by Astaroth; July 24, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Default Re: [Citizen] Erwin Rommel (Patron: Thanatos)

He's seemed to have cleaned up his act of late, and his writings for the Helios give him more of a chance, but it's still a no at this point, I'm afraid.

I'm liking him much better. Leaning for a yes at this point, but further investigation is required.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Again I'm failing to see the substance of most of those Helios articles. The earlier ones seem to have more to them than the later, but even some of the longer ones look like copy-paste jobs from a thread elsewhere on the forums with a bit of commentary. I realize that's kind of what they do at the Helios, by and large, but to me that's not really worthy of consideration for Citizenship. We have Librarians to highlight the good parts of the forum, I kind of expect publication writers to provide new media rather than comment on existing media. Sadly it's the culture of the publications that this is the way it is.

I'll have to look through his posts to see if his debating is up to par for Citizenship, but with 9,000 posts and an enjoyment of spam it will be a grueling sift through I'd imagine. Leaning towards a no at this point unless something I see impresses me. And to make something clear, I have absolutely no problem with spam, but it certainly doesn't help human vetters with the terrible vB search function, that much is true.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I like Erwin, he's a nice guy but he just doesn't have the real contributions nor the attitude for citizenship.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I am wondering if we have ever approved a citizen based solely on RPG? If this is supposed to be possible, I think this may be the time to decide what contibutions from the RPG portions of TWC are sufficient for citizenship.

From one of the previous failed applications:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post4240549

And why is enhancing the image of RPGs not counted as a contribution any more? It's giving public advertisement to a very secularised part of the site. Unless you're invited or told about them the RPGs are hard to stumble across. Furthermore, you said something about how he didn't cover the Mafia etc., when it wasn't his job. He was hired as an RPG contributory for Elzy, and he did exactly what his job description stated.

Also, I think it is a cynical view that contributions are directly equatable to time for tedium. He has contributed to the site in a way which I believe deserves citizenship, and moreover has actively contributed more since his previous applications, showing a willingness and enthusiasm for the position.
    Since that time, the applicant has continued to contribute to Helios and has also continued to contribute within the RPG community. If the time is not right, the time will never be right for this applicant based upon contibutions to the RPG community.

I am not certain at this time, but...
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Sidmen gained his citizenship through his RPG modding contributions.

As an RPG mod myself, Erwin has never really caused problems.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I like his application, and his Helios articles look up to par. I may have to take a day off from work to go through his many posts. lol Does he have much of a infraction history? Just curios as he is a long time member and the building of contributions although small should count. He is spammy but I like him. Will look closer and dig through some more post before I make up my mind.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Erwin Rommel appears to spend most of his time playing RPGs currently which is hardly a contribution worth noting. Moderating such games is an entirely different issue of course.

Furthermore, the applicant's Helios articles are nothing special either. They are generally short and often mainly consist of quotes and links. It's also worth noting that he didn't actually contribute to issue 34 (which he linked to in his paragraph) and that two of the earlier issues he linked to (32 and 33) were partly written by Elzabar.

In conclusion, I haven't really found anything of significance so far. His Helios articles are average and he doesn't appear to be a great debater or modder either. I think I'll have to go with a no.
    Last edited by Astaroth; July 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Patrician

The applicant has nothing within the past year for moderation activity.

Also -- the worst of the spammy posts are also over one year old. I would say that the efforts to reform have lasted a significant time.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

reforming from making spammy posts is something the moderation branch and tribunal will consider when sentencing for infractions, its something that makes a sub-par member into a normal member. It doesn't mean the member is ready to become a citizen unless there is also something there that turns a normal member into an exceptional member.

What does this guy do to break the mould and stand out (in a good way). Well he contributes to the Helios. I have to say, although I don't do the round up reports for the Helios and do write my own articles, compiling those round ups is not the easiest thing in the world, though I do wish there was more commentary and not just quotes.

Other than the Helios though, there doesn't appear to be anything in his posts that leap out at me. I'm leaning toward no, but remain open to being convinced otherwise.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Can we get at least one more vote here please? Thanks.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

Patrician

I have been thinking. I will post my vote before the poll closes.

I have failed to be convinced and therefore affirmed my support in the negative

Patrician

It may be simply because the applicant is involved with RPG that the contributions seem thin to me, but I will give this a Yes.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Failed.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

Default Re: [FAILED 08/01/09] [Citizen] Erwin Rommel (Patron: Thanatos)

Released on request of the Applicant, and by authorisation of the Curator pursuant to Decision III 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling

So, should I unlock the vault?
    Aye.