Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Campaign Map Preview

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Campaign Map Preview

giys !

pleaze help , give me normal download links for this mod downloading !

I must say that this new map really is beautifully drawn and you're choice of provinces is very very good. I like the geographical extent you've chosen to go with too, eastwards to Persia.

It looks to me as if you might have made the Sahara and the interior of Arabia unconquerable. Is this the case? I hope so. Ive always thought that those areas, populated by nomads and in an age before modern transport and logistics, would have been impossible to "conquer" in the traditional sense.

Also, I know you modders hate comparisons but in the stainless steel mod there is a very long wait between each turn, which I suspect is partly due to the increased size of the map. I know that the SS map has huge distances from one city to another, whereas you seem to have kept more to the original scale of the vanilla map, but is your map causing any slowdown at all?

Finally, Im really looking forward to this one. Ive been a fan of this mod for a while(Ive tried em all) and with the new map, I think this could well turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

Suggestions for Balkans map - Syrmion or Sirmium as Romans called it (Sremska Mitrovica today) was important until 5th or 6th century, but had no importance in medieval times - it was but a hamlet; instead of it just put Belgrade, which was an important trade center and very important city, because it lied on the old Roman Army road!!! (Frederick II Barbarossa was passing through Belgrade and Naissus (Niš today) when he went on a crusade!!!) Position of a Belgrade is a bit to the southeast from Sirmium - on the junction of Danube and Sava river.
    Knin - I believe that this town didn't even exist in middle ages!! Better put Niš, southeast to Belgrade. Serbia was more populated than Croatia back then...
    Instead of Skadar it's better to put Kotor (it's in Montenegro today), which was very important port for Serbia - it lies just a bit to the northwest from Skadar - it's a town on the Adriatic sea. Skadar wasn't as important as Kotor, which was a typical medieval town.
    Instead of Visoko it's better to put Srebrenica; Srebrenica was a major exporter of silver in medieval times - that's how it got it's name (srebro is serbian word for silver; literally Srebrenica means Silverville, or Silvertown...)
    All other settlements in Blakans (Skopia, Dubrovnik etc.) are a good choice.
    Everything I mentioned is historically based and it makes nice positions for towns, with similar distances between them. If you need any more info about Serbia, Balkans or some more town positions and choices - feel free to pm me.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon2 Re: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Campaign Map Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post

looking at this :
    http://www.zum.de/whkmla/histatlas/asia/haxasia.html
    about Kypchaks, they have a lot of territories far to the east (they are called cumans in the map, but kypchak, cumans, petchenegues and others are a great confederacy). more and more land than you give to them!!

and in 1200, before mongolian storm, they still very strong :
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichierremongol.png
    (great map, anybody knows where could be found the same for 1080 ?)

i think there's gonna be a persian faction: kwarezm.
    other muslim faction : maybe the Karakhanids ("founded a madrassa in samarkande in 1060") at the extreme east of the map. maybe... the zirid kingdom in east maghreb...

maybe the bulgar khanat...

maybe... AAAAAAHHHHHHH !!! stop it now...
    Last edited by diadok; August 07, 2009 at 09:35 AM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Hi Socal,"Ile-de-France" is a modern vocable, for the modern region,the medieval royal property is France(in the coins:Rex Francorum not King of France) with Orléans and Paris as capitals.Before 13 century the Senechal is the principal royal officer,with the Prevot de Paris(after Prevot des Marchants).For realism it must remove the concept of feudal title for your "Ile de France" region.The counties of Paris and Orléans are includes in the french Crown,inseparables,like Konstantinopolis for the ERE or Venice for the Venexa Republic.I hope sincerely the PDER 2,there are many beatifull islands^^
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; August 07, 2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: error

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

I would like to geuss that Volga-Bulgaria, Cumans (kypchaks, pechenegs), and Zirids will be the three you'll put in.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Studpuffin View Post
    I would like to geuss that Volga-Bulgaria, Cumans (kypchaks, pechenegs), and Zirids will be the three you'll put in.
    My friend, the Kypchaks have already been confirmed! But you're kinda maybe sorta not really maybe kinda close with your other two guesses.

My friend, the Kypchaks have already been confirmed! But you're kinda maybe sorta not really maybe kinda close with your other two guesses.

Great finally a mod whit the zirids in it the western medeterian will be lots of fun whit toulouse and zirids as new factions and many units i hope

So new factions are:

- Toulouse
    - Zirids
    - Serbia
    - Kypchaks
    - Volga Bulgars
    - And i think a faction where ''Zengi'' was in charge arround 1140 cant remember the name but he had Aleppo and caputered edessa in 1144 so emirate of aleppo i think

Well seems really balanced keep up the good work and if you need a experienced PDER beta tester just give me a PM

Also how are the units going ?
    Last edited by firekiller; August 08, 2009 at 06:19 AM.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

It's all great, especially about new factions, but Toulouse is maybe...I don't know, a bit too much...Ruler of Toulouse was nothing but a regionally lord, not king..and his greatest deed was a 1st crusade...but - as you wish

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

YAHOO!

Wait... that still doesn't give me any information. D'oh.

I hadn't heard the Kypchaks were confirmed. I must've missed that. I try to follow this mod when I can, though my computer decided to die around two months ago after weeks of lagging. Its taken me until last week to come back and get this mod again with a newly formatted hard drive. sucks not having all my *personal* mods in place for all of the different games I had. Thankfully this one requires few, if any. About the only thing I change are the borders of Bulgaria and Wallachia to follow the Danube.

Great work is done here. I eagerly await 2.0
    Last edited by Studpuffin; August 09, 2009 at 01:08 PM.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

yai, my first and favourite mod is still alive!

question, who made those settlement strat models?

Got it downloadin' right now and I am so excited! thank you!
    "You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust" - Peter Lorre, Casablanca

Hi there, map's looking good, but just one thing: I see Huesca is one of Aragon's starting provinces, but Huesca (Wasqah) wasn't conquered by Aragón until 1096. The Aragonese capital before then was Jaca. Changing the name of the settlement and placing it further up north could do.

Also, I've seen that you've put the names of provinces and cities in the local language. My suggestion is maybe changing them to their name in 1080, such as València-Balansiya, Palma-Medina Mayurqah, Córdoba-Qurtuba, Palermo-Balermus, etc?

reaaly nice work..cant wait release of the mod
    is there any chance that someone will buy me EMPIRE TOTAL WAR?

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

reaaly nice work..cant wait release of the mod
    the mod PDER 1.0A already realised , amigo you can play when you wish

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Amazing and stunning map!
    ' love PDER 1 , can't wait for the 2nd version!
    Keep up the awesome work!

I'm french,but I'm not convinced by the pertinence of Tolosa, the county was the political and cultural center for the occitans.After the 13 century Tolosa and his vassals become capetians,while a short time under a capetian prince.And after directly administred by the Crown with the Senechal of Beaucaire(like an english sheriff,with more power, and revocable)

please add more and more factions as much as you can.
    i just downloded this one 2-3 hour ago.but i realy loved this

diadok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    I'm french,but I'm not convinced by the pertinence of Tolosa, the county was the political and cultural center for the occitans.After the 13 century Tolosa and his vassals become capetians,while a short time under a capetian prince.And after directly administred by the Crown with the Senechal of Beaucaire(like an english sheriff,with more power, and revocable)
    je suis french aussi , and i agree that tolosa is not a pertinent faction. Occitania had no ambitions of expansion or independance , just defending "heretics" against the pope crusade, and land against the french lords.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Still, it's an interesting faction, even if you don't expand in Europe, you can go all historical and take Count Raymond of Toulouse on a crusade and set up the County of Tripoli or Kingdom of Jerusalem
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast