Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Campaign Map Preview

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE II: Campaign Map Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    the mod PDER 1.0A already realised , amigo you can play when you wish
    I played many many times years ago..Now waiting for something new from this mod
    is there any chance that someone will buy me EMPIRE TOTAL WAR?

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Hey there! I'm new to this mod. Just started playing today with Byzantines.
    I do have some suggestions though. It involves the territories north of Danube. Mainly Durrostorum. That city was south of Danube not north. I'd suggest either dividing the region in 2 parts and putting the city south of Danube either renaming it to Campulung (Wallachia's first capitol).
    As for Eredely, that's a hungarian name for Transylvania, which was not used until the Late Medieval times. Remember, early on, all the chronicles in Europe were written in 2 languages, latin and greek. Transylvania is the latin name of that region. The capitol was also, not Koloszvar, but Bellegrad (today Alba Iulia). It was there that the first ruler of Transylvania was mentioned in the year 1111 (Mercurius princeps ultrasilvanus).

Other than that, I like playing the mod, especially how accurate is trying to be from a historical point of view. Alexios is only 32 by the time the game starts and only has one child Anna. In reality he was 26 and Anna was born 3 years later, but such details don't stop me from enjoying the family tree for what it is. Also, unlike vanilla in 1080, Nicaea is actually in turkish hands.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

I have to ask (sorry): When can we expect the release?
    EDIT:
    Excellent map, one of the best I've seen!

HOW TO DOVNLOAD?????

billydilly's Avatar Senator

CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Superb and congrats! Im downlaoding as i type ^^

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

It's a sad thing that no one has seen the developer of this modification for six months!
    "Pauci viri sapientiae student."
    Cicero

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    It's a sad thing that no one has seen the developer of this modification for six months!
    He came back in December and January for a time, but no one has seen him again since mid January. I hope he is doing well, as he was having personal issues for a time. Hope to see him back soon.

Regards
    Studpuffin

Very nice. Though, will you also make a smaller area map for games where you might want it to go faster, or nto have so many factions, similar to the vanilla Kingdoms campaign?

Nick The Hun's Avatar Foederatus

Utrecht's medieval name was Atrecht, also Utrecht covers the whole Netherlands? damn, could you add another city? Groningen.
    To bad there isn't much space for a town in the medieval Holland province otherwise you could add Haarlem or Alkmaar, hmm Dordrecht (medieval name: Dortrecht) would be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Hun View Post
    Utrecht's medieval name was Atrecht, also Utrecht covers the whole Netherlands? damn, could you add another city? Groningen.
    To bad there isn't much space for a town in the medieval Holland province otherwise you could add Haarlem or Alkmaar, hmm Dordrecht (medieval name: Dortrecht) would be more accurate.
    Atrecht was the medieval (Dutch) name of the present day French city of Arras, not the medieval name of Utrecht.

-
    Last edited by ALFAJI; September 02, 2010 at 07:59 AM.

nice work you did
    but theres no city as i remember in the east side of arabia is call almuminya
    you should change it to alehssa and the name of the region is albahrin
    and in the middle of arabia you can make the city of alyamamah and the name of the region is najed

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Maastricht was an important city in the Netherlands too

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Wow man! More than aewsome! It's really really really great!
    I have only 3 small comments and 2 short questions:
    1) It's sad you didn't include the Condado Portucalense (County of Portugal), but that's ok, the mod promises too much!

2) The balance between east - west and cath/orto - islam is excellent!

3) I must agree with Zmaj od Noćaja about placing Kotor on the map! The man has already said enough about the town, which was part of Byzantium, Venice and later of Serbia, and was also an important place for trading routes on the Adriatic Sea.

Now the questions:
    1) I've only seen cities/towns as the capital of the provinces, with their respective name etc. and some structures that could be forts, but looked like wooden castles or something. Does that mean castles and such were removed or you just found a way to make them secondary settlements in the regions? I mean, they will still be military centers for heavier units or the cities will do that instead?

2) Will there be any historical buildings? Like Hagia-Sophia, Notre Dame de Paris, Cathedral of Milan...

3) I'm not complaining at all! I'd just like to know for a matter of expectations... Is the mod project dead or is it frozen for a while?... Really, just to know, because I'm waiting for it anxiously!! This is far the best mod I've played and that preview confirms the 2.0 will be freakingly hugely aewsome!!!

That's all! Congrats and +rep!!!
    Regards mates!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thank you for your enthusiasm!

Unfortunately there hasn't been any further development for quite some time now (see date of previous post), but I am sure your suggestions will receive consideration when the work will be taken up again.

These are sad news
    Is there anything we, PDeR fans, can do to help? From moral support to some contribution... I don't know, I guess the other guys here just want the game ready too, so we can taste it for real!!!
    Now, if there is something some people here can do to help (including me), just inform! I'll be glad to help that great team! And no, I don't want credits or nothing like that, just want the game! That's all!
    It'd be a shame if a mod like that would never be ready! Or if it only becomes avaible when Medieval 3 is launched!

Regards!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

socal_infidel is the mod leader - maybe PM him and ask what the plans are. He hasn't been onlien this February so it may take a while for a reply.

Ok, gigantus! I've sent him a PM already. Hope he agrees to use some of the fans' help and, of course, of some great members of the forum, like yourself, sir! (if you agree, of course!)
    Regards!
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345