Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: DBEditor 1.8

Default Re: DBEditor 1.2

K, thanks, it works now, now just to do the hard part: skinning. Thanks for your help and tool, LtChambers.

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    This sounds like your set of packs is causing the problem. What packs do you have?
    Seriously? In my data folder? I have a LOT of old, outdated, never used since I downloaded them packs.

Plus old packs that I've backed up by adding a .bak extension to them.

So your DBEditor reads every pack that's in the data folder when it starts (or, in my case, apparently, tries to)? That might explain it.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Yes, it's pretty simplistic like that currently. You should be very careful about that especially if they're not mod packs!

Yeah, they all are. Being a developer on Imperial Splendour I find I have a lot of old crap I've worked on here and there just scattered about.

Ah well, I guess this will just force me to clean up a little. Definitely not a bad thing.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Lt Chambers many thanks for 1.2 i just found the error report system extremely useful for locating small typos or duplicates in my mod pack, stuff that was probably causing numerous glitches but i would have never noticed without DB ed.

Excellent work Sir.

I get this nice error when starting the DBEditor:

That error means you need .NET framework 3.5.

Thanks. What does the .NET framework do anyway?

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

Very nice indeed! +rep

Cheers
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    That error means you need .NET framework 3.5.
    How abt mine?

I have unpacked everything in the zip file onto a folder but still got these.

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

I just gotta tell everyone about this editor: It's amazing! Once I actually took some time ( 5 minutes.. ) to sit down and figure it out, it's a bliss.

Thnx LtChambers
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

I don't know how it works.

What is that supposed to be?

I can't ever tell if I'm editing a file in a mod.pack or in the main.pack. I do want to know though.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Every time I try to save the program stops responding

I have a question. Whenever I edit a pack file and save it, that file then appears in the data folder with a lock on the icon. Why?

Also, half the time when I try to edit a unit's size, the Size column is missing.

Better yet, can we get a good tutorial on how to use the program? Obviously, it's not that simple for everyone to use.

With that said, thanks for the effort on the program.
    Last edited by waylay00; August 09, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

I just noticed that I can't save certain colums in a mod.pack unit_stats_land file. It gives me an "Unhandled exeption" error.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I'd like to have an export capability to a spreadsheet again. That's just much more useful for batch editing things

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Can someone help explain how to use this tool? I am trying to make one of the DLC units have a lower upkeep, But I cant figure out how to do so. From my understanding, I need to find the Units-Tables and make a new cloned file of it where I can edit the Unit stats. Then I make my changes, and save. I then should open up the mod-manager and launch it with the file i made. Is that right? Because when I tried that, the game ctd when I tried to start it up.

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

this is copied from my other post. Please post helpfull information if you recognize what going on here.

post:"""ahh ok I have never been able to open the "units_stats_land_tables/aum_units_stats_land" only the "units_stats_land_tables/units_stats_land"
    So maybe is my editor or my operating sytem(windows7).

It gives an error message about something with read-only and aggrigate view and i can choose continue or quit. but when I press continue nothing really happends It seems it works but shows no coloumns at all.

Just tried one more time to do the editing like you said one should be able to do. And now it say failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.

maybe the decimal bug is still there? american version versus english version "," versus "." if you know what i am talking about""" post end

I don't really now why dbeditor wont allow me to acces thoose tables but maybe someone in here could tell that i amm a noob and what to do in this case.

edit:The thing I am trying to do is simply: edit unit size and cannons for a few units in AUM mod but can't select the table where they are located.
    Last edited by twp127; August 11, 2009 at 01:06 PM.