Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Splendour 2.04 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.02 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Ebusitanus View Post
    A pity a more user friendly mod instalation process could not be made. I´m not to tech savy and all this place this here and that there is a bit of a pain. I will have to wait for a diferent mod then as I do not wish to break anything.
    I just tried to put together a easier install instruction detailed atleast. Hope to hear that you made it work without any issues. Or you can ofcourse drop myself a PM or something.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.02 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    I just tried to put together a easier install instruction detailed atleast. Hope to hear that you made it work without any issues. Or you can ofcourse drop myself a PM or something.
    hey Gomer you forgot to reply on this statement:he does have a point there hehe i did enjoy the city options like sack execute capture normal etc and the ability to ransom and such is there any way to use coding from mtw2 or w/e to transfer it into etw?

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Great to see this.

I am a bit sad that you guys did not use my other banners that I made though. That one is not the best in my opinion.
    Last edited by YD23; July 31, 2009 at 02:57 PM.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

What on earth is the "user.empire_script.txt" and where can I find it? In the mod patch there is none to be found.

And then, being a XP user I´m not sure what I supposed to do? At "C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\" I have a Microsoft alone there, should this "user.empire_script.txt" be placed along to it?

Help!

Place the user.empire_script.txt in your The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts found in

Windows Vista
    C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\

Click here if you can't find the folder

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\

Click here if you can't find the folder
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    This file enables the Imperial Splendour.pack file. The patch_is_text.pack file is a movie type file and contains the localisation. It does not need to be enabled.

Instead of using the user.empire_script.txt file, you can also use the Mod manager, or if you have some experience, enable the mod yourself.
    Read a napoleonic first hand account of a Hessian serving under the french flag

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Senator

If you are runing XP this will be easy. First go to my computer. Then open your main hard drive, useualy called C. Then open the folder named Documents and Setings. There should be a handfull of folders in the documents and Setings folder open the one named Aplication Data. Then find the folder with your user name on it, if you don't have multipul users find the one that says some thing like it dose on mine "hp_administrator". In that folder you will find another folder named The Creative Asembily. In that folder is a folder named Empire, open it. In the Empire folder you will find a folder named scripts, open that folder. Inside that folder you will find the user.empire_script.txt file. That is the file you need to edit or replace with the file provided with the mod.

read my detailed install instruction i made..

or

as off now i dont think user.empire-script.txt is located in the zip by error. But in that case you can always make on in winpad/note pad.

Open notepad type in mod "Imperial Splendour.pack"; close and save it. When you save it copy this from here with "" included. "user.empire-script.txt" including "" will force the .txt name if needed. Oh I know this was a rubbish explanation. But hope you manage.

-Aristotle-

Hail!

This is a very good mod, the best I've ever seen for the Empire TW. BUT: there is a big problem!
    I also use Danova's Ornamentum unit pack, and it contains a text.pack file which is not compatible with the IS text.pack file. So I msut delete the text file of the Ornamentum mod to see the unit names and descriptions of the IS units or vice versa.

I think you should ccoperate or make a combatibility file for Danova's Ornamentum.

Link for Ornamentum 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ST. Toma View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hail!

This is a very good mod, the best I've ever seen for the Empire TW. BUT: there is a big problem!
    I also use Danova's Ornamentum unit pack, and it contains a text.pack file which is not compatible with the IS text.pack file. So I msut delete the text file of the Ornamentum mod to see the unit names and descriptions of the IS units or vice versa.

I think you should ccoperate or make a combatibility file for Danova's Ornamentum.

Link for Ornamentum 1.1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PI07M7G0

This is the IS text.pack file combined with UPC (Unit Compatibility Project) text.pack file, normally it would solve your problem

Note: The units of the Ornamentum pack by Danova is not supported by IS (yet?) and thus will not be balanced in comparison with IS units

Quote Originally Posted by Disaray View Post
    If you are runing XP this will be easy. First go to my computer. Then open your main hard drive, useualy called C. Then open the folder named Documents and Setings. There should be a handfull of folders in the documents and Setings folder open the one named Aplication Data. Then find the folder with your user name on it, if you don't have multipul users find the one that says some thing like it dose on mine "hp_administrator". In that folder you will find another folder named The Creative Asembily. In that folder is a folder named Empire, open it. In the Empire folder you will find a folder named scripts, open that folder. Inside that folder you will find the user.empire_script.txt file. That is the file you need to edit or replace with the file provided with the mod.
    When I search for that I only find this

C:\Documents and Settings\ebusitanus\Application Data\Microsoft

There is nothing in "Application Data" but this Microsoft folder

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    read my detailed install instruction i made..

or

as off now i dont think user.empire-script.txt is located in the zip by error. But in that case you can always make on in winpad/note pad.

Open notepad type in mod "Imperial Splendour.pack"; close and save it. When you save it copy this from here with "" included. "user.empire-script.txt" including "" will force the .txt name if needed. Oh I know this was a rubbish explanation. But hope you manage.
    So it was not my crazy head...this Mod is missing the "user.empire-script.txt".

Will try your fix as soon as I can locate the place to set it up

When I search for that I only find this

C:\Documents and Settings\ebusitanus\Application Data\Microsoft

There is nothing in "Application Data" but this Microsoft folder
    Try this :
    My Computer >> Tools menu >> Folder Options >> View tab >> select Show Hidden Files and Folders

That could make it visible, but I'm not sure about it .. I made the jump from XP to Vista a long time ago

I have done all the show hidden folder things but there is nothing there but this Microsoft folder

Do you have more than one hard drive on your pc ?
    If so try looking in the other one

Do you have more users on your pc ?
    If so try looking with the other user

That's about all I can think of atm ..

Senator

Here is the easyest way I know of to find any file. Click start then click on search. Click serch all files and folders and put the name of the file you are looking for in the box, in this caise it would be user.empire_script.txt. Hit serch and let the program find it for you. After a little while it should find that file and tell you what folder it is in. You can even get the program to open the folder that the file is in for you.

inside "Application Data" there should be a folder called Roaming i beleave. And you are saying it does not exsist?

-Aristotle-

I´m shocked myself here. I have vanilla installed and the following vanilla patches, never used a mod. Now I´m half way into installing this Mod and first the patch does not include "user.empire_script.txt" then I am apparently for some misterious reason the only one who does not have a "roaming" folder in Application Data.

Now either I fix this or I have to reinstall everything.

I´m shocked myself here. I have vanilla installed and the following vanilla patches, never used a mod. Now I´m half way into installing this Mod and first the patch does not include "user.empire_script.txt" then I am apparently for some misterious reason the only one who does not have a "roaming" folder in Application Data.

Now either I fix this or I have to reinstall everything.
    Are you using XP or Vista, and:

The user.empire_script.txt file was refering to a wrong file. Here is a right version
    The only change is the removal of "_" so the line is now mod "Imperial Splendour.pack"; intead of mod "Imperal_Splendour.pack";
    This is not needed if you use Mod Manager

Hey guys i fixed my CTD i had the following mod on :familytreemod:Tech&abilities:Ketz_League_01Beta i turned them all of and NO More CTD this is Fn great I am having so munch fun!
    Dude this is Hard OMFG the AI is No longer stupid they attack smart I have it one over medium meaning hard but no all the way up and the AI is Not that agresive at the start but 10 turns later and Holy crap they are fighting each other and attcking me at the same time and I see huge armies!
    Dam i finaly got to see some land envisions it was so great to see!
    Wow this is One Great MOD!
    I am Flabbergasted!
    I love this MOD!
    Better than DarthMod!
    its true their i said it!
    some one needed to!

AI general is No longer a Dumb as he now avoids your cannon&Musket fire and he takes care of himself Im Fn Impressed!

This is One SUPERB Mod! This is what CA those greedy people should of release in the first place Next time Around I am Not going to Buy New next time i will buy used i will only buy New if they do a great job in the first place!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Astaroth; July 31, 2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Merged double post.

Icon9 Re: Imperial Splendour 2.02 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Can someone help me? I'm having problems with the installation as it seems that only a part of the mod works. Before downloading Imperial Splendour I uninstalled ETW, removed any remaining folders. I then reinstalled ETW, after which Steam updates it to 1.3. Before downloading the files I preformed that verify game files cache operation which was suggested. I downloaded the files and extracted them, using Winrar, to the exactly the right locations as mentioned in the instructions. When this is done I start up ETW and there is no Imperial Slpendour title at the start menu, just the same ETW title. The only indication that part of the mod has been installed is that there are new factions available as there should be because of this mod. Those new factions are Denmark, Mughal Empire (only new one with text), Persia, Morrocco, Portugal amd Venice. I just mention this to be suree that these are the right amount of new factions. Another effect that the mod seems to have caused is a CTD anytime that I try to start a new campaighn with a new faction or any of the original factions.

ColdMace sound like the startpos (this allows minors) file is in the correct place but the Imperial Splendor 2 mod file is not being activated. Either not scripted right or maybe not in the right folder.

Make sure that it is in the Data directory and (unpacked from its zip format) and that you have activated it with either the scripts or modmanager.

Recheck path from Install instructons on OP.

Beaner definately Ketnzers Gent mod is many patches ago an may well cause issues, agent table have been updates since then.