Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Splendour 2.04 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Default Imperial Splendour 2.04 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

Download Link for the Impatient Ones (2.04)

Download Link for the other Impatient Ones who also Need their DLC (2.04)

MAJOR HOTFIX 2.04 includes:

• The latest AI changes
    • Prussian Dragoons no longer spread out to fire
    • Prussian Frei-Korps and Jager have swapped places
    • Minor graphical changes to some Russian units
    • Other small things

MAJOR HOTFIX 2.03 includes:

• Now 100% DLC compatible
    • NOTE: If you try to run the DLC-enabled version without first purchasing the DLC, you will CTD during battle load
    • Fixed Localization. No more """"""""""" bug
    • Updated faction descriptions for Venice, Portugal, Morocco, Denmark, and Persia
    • Fixed the issue with dismountable Polish cavalry spreading too far when firing
    • Movement speed changes in battle
    • Naval changes to Sloops and Brigs
    • Some other minor things here and there
    • Should be save-game compatible, but I'm not 100% sure about that

MAJOR HOTFIX 2.02 Just includes the Startpos

MAJOR HOTFIX Hotfix 2.01 includes:

• Artillery localisation fixed.
    • New Campaign description for Portugal
    • Danish Militia fixed (Musket & sword armed now)
    • Danish Naval Ships should work now
    • Few other minor tweaks.
    • Should be save game compatible.

Hotfix #1 The user.empire_script.txt file was refering to a wrong file. Here is a right version
    The only change is the removal of "_" so the line is now mod "Imperial Splendour.pack"; intead of mod "Imperal_Splendour.pack";
    This is not needed if you use Mod Manager
    Summary Imperial Splendour 2.0 is probably the most complete overhaul of Empire Total war there is. We have exchanged each and every unit with our own interpretation, created unique rosters and units for each faction, added a new AOR system for the colonies and tweaked campaign AI, combat rules and economy to present this Modification.

Warning

• We recommend Normal Campaign and Battle Difficulty. (There are some thing we cannot control leading to unreasonable levels of agression on higher difficulties)
    • The stats of a unit do not say everything about it. Projectile qualities, formation spread and other abilities are not evident from the unit Card. Test all units before you judge them, some are better than others though the stats may hint the other way.
    • There are some localisation bugs I introduced in the latest version. Some Artillery techs and guns have no names. This will be fixed As soon as possible.

Overview Unit Roster Revamps
    As seen in the release announcement, we have reworked every major (and some minor) nations roster to feature a unique and complete set of units, based on the historic reality. Including the existing Vanilla major states the following factions have unique rosters: the Mughal Empire, Portugal, the Italian Powers, Safavid Persia and Morocco. Check out the details here.
    Denmark is supplied by the Sons of the Danbrog Team, thanks to Erasmus777 for this.
    Using the Vanilla models, we applied different stats to all units, and made many new units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Kurds

Tufecki Mounted Infantry

Prussian Line Infantry

Artillery
    The Vicar has supplied a diverse artillery like infantry and cavalry have gotten. Gun damage, reload time and range are based on calibre, and so is the number of pellets in a Cannister or Shrapnel Projectile. The most spectacular change is probably the new Cannister Shot, which does no longer appear to be shot by a catapult

This is an extreme example, as you can see a batallion of the biggest Indian guns fire.

More on northern America
    Warfare in Northern America was very different to Europe. There were much less units involved, and the warfare was more guerilla based than the combat lines known in Europe. We reflect this by making some Northern America fight in loose formation, without combat order, like Light Infantry. Regular European style units are capped and only available at the east coast.
    The roster contains generic units available to all factions divided into 4 Areas of Recruitment:
    The north American frontier, the north American Colonies, South America and the Caribbean.
    Several faction have acces to special colonial units, like the French Marines, Coureur de Bois, the British Queens Royal Rangers, or the Spanish Rangers of Catalonia.
    The Northern Colonial Militia awaiting an army of Natives

Non combat changes
    We reworked the Campaign AI and the Economics. Each building should repay itself in a set number of turns and provides some interesting Bonusses.

The new campaign AI does some unexpected things. It has undergone many sleepless hours of testing. Thanks Dogmeat.

A list of the economics changes and the math behind them is here
    List of Buildings:

Farms:
    Farms also add population growth (for settlement development) and a max-population modifier (no use atm). This makes them vital for development, so their Economical Value will be limited.

Wheat, Rice, Corn:

Wheat and Corn are Identical and have 5 levels: peasant farms, tenated farms, clearances, great estates, great royal palace. Rice has three levels which will behave like being 1.3, 2.7 and 4th level. I aim at an amortisation time of 10/25/40/55/70 turns at a cost structure of 1/2/3/4/5
    Cost: 500(450) resulting in(obviously) 1000/1500/2000/2500 and for rice 800/1750/2450
    resulting additional Wealth: 150/120/115/110/105 resulting in a final value of 600(300) and for rice 190/160/140 resulting in a final value of 490(200)

Sheep:
    For sheep I will simply cut the wealth and pop effects by half, and add a bonus to textile industry wealth of 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 (if possible)

Wine:

Wine has the same effects as wheat, yet only 3 levels and is pretty rare. I aim thus aiming at an amortisation time of 18/22.5/28 at a cost structure of 1/1.75/2.5
    Cost: 750(Quixote) resulting in 1300/1875
    resulting additional wealth: 125/175/200 resulting in a final value of 500(500)

Wood:

Pretty easy calculations as well, no tech to take into account. As it is a rather rare ressource I am aiming for an amortisation time of 15/20, at a cost structure of 1/2 with a naval recruitment cost decrease of 1/2%.
    Cost: 1200(Quixote) resulting in 2400
    resulting additional Wealth: 240/360 resulting in a final wealth of 600(600)

Mines:
    Silver, Gold, Gems:
    The higher level add 1/2 industrialisation unhappiness. Gems should be the most effective, then Gold, hen Silver. I aim at a amortise time of 18/22.5/28 for silver, 16/20/25 for gold and 12/ 18 for gems, at a cost of 1 / 1.75 / 2.5
    Cost: 1800, 2400 (from Q) resulting in: 3150/4500, 4200/6000
    resulting additional Wealth: 300/420/480 , 480/ 630/ 720 resulting in a final wealth of 1200 (1400), 1830 (1600)
    and for Gems:
    Cost: 2400(2700) resulting in: 4200
    resulting additional Wealth: 600/700 resulting in a final wealth of 1300 (1000)

Iron:
    I will add a small Increase (0.5/1% if .5 is possible, else 1/2%) to Metal Industry Wealth to balance the relatively high amortisation times. As the other mines the Higher levels add 1/2 industrialisation unhappiness. I aim at a amortisation time of 20/25/30 at the same cost scheme
    Cost: 1500(Q) resulting in: 2625/3750
    raW: 225/315/375 resulting in a total final wealth of 915 (900)

Ports:
    Fisheries:
    Are in theory like farms, except for two things: You have an alternative you can build (Major) and they add limited Naval recruitment (Minor). The existing alternative makes a pretty high efficiency reasonable.
    I am going for 16/20/25 amortisation time with a Growth component of 2/4/6 and a cost structure of 1/2/3.
    Cost: 1500 (750) resulting in 3000/4500. Those are necessary to make them competitive without totally killing Trade Ports efficiency
    resulting additional Wealth:250/410/490 resulting in a final value of 1150(400)

Trade Ports:
    My aim on trade ports is to make them less effective than fishing ports unless you use them to trade.
    As a result they will get at their cost structure of 1/2/4/8(latest only home region) a growth of 1/3/5/7 (3/5/7/9) and a Wealth of 200/400/700/1000 (400/600/800/1000) (additional wealth 200/200/300/300)

Shipyards:
    Solve a recruitment purpose, and with having a new great opponent, they will also get a small economical Value of 200/400/600/800 (additional Wealth, 200/200/200/200) The amortisation time is negligible.

Industry:

Weavers:

The technological abilities leading to up to 46% increase in growth are very powerful considering the current growth values of 6/10/14/18. Also considering that most other changes mostly hit the early game, i think i will cut the growth of these buildings by a large amount and compensate with region wealth, to hit the late game. I am aiming at a amortisation time of 15/22.5/30/37.5 turns (without techs) at 3/5/7/9 growth and a cost structure of 1/2/3.5/6 (1/2/4/8). I also add a recruitment cost modifier of 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4%
    Cost: 1500(Q) resulting in 3000/5250/9000
    resulting additional Wealth:255/355/465/625 resulting in a total value of 1700(1200)

Ironworks:
    They are getting the same treatment as weavers cottages for growth. This results in higher Wealth. They also get an artillery recruitment bonus of 0.25/0.5/0.75/1%
    The amortisation time is 15/22.5/30/37.5 at a growth of 3/4/5/6 and a cost structure of 1/2/3.5/6
    Cost: 1500(Q) resulting in 3000/5250/9000
    raW: 260/380/500/660 resulting in a total value of 1800(1300)

Potterie:

Are the same as Ironworks, except for the bonus.
    Roads:
    Also provide Movement Speed. At the current cost structure of 1/2/4 I am aiming for an amortisation time of 20/30/40
    Cost: 1125/2250/4500
    resulting additional Growth: 3/2/2

We also added a Menu Picture to easily make sure the mod loaded properly.

Future Plans
    Imperial Splendour 2.0 was "just" finishing the plan Quixote developed, that every major faction should have their own roster. During the process of accomplishing this we found that there was much to do after that. For once, most minor factions are now a clone of the nearest major faction. We plan to give the Minor nations a share of the attention the Majors have received, and feature them in our next updates. High on the list here are Venice and Italy, Hannover and Westphalia, and Georgia.

The next big goal for us is to further understand the Combat mechanics. They are still largely done by Quixote, we will try and understand the exact influence of projectiles and other stats. The Combat mechanics of His Combat Overhaul is what got most of us here i think.

Also the Naval Side of warfare will see more attention in the future.

On the horizon is that we may offer skins for all the units we feature, at least to an extent that we have no need for same skins for different units.

We want to make sure we will be the mod to go with now and in the future.

Installation Preparations
    It is recommended that you run steams "Verify integrity of game cache" option found under Steam / My Games / Empire Total War / Properties / Local Data
    This is to reset your game files to vanilla, it will not affect any mods. It will also reset the scripting.lua, which we had to overwrite in IS1.

Also some mods are not Mod Packed, but instead Movie or Patch packed. Disabling them won't do, so you must delete them in order to disable them.

Examplese are

• A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita

All our files are zipped. I suggest 7zip to extract them.

Installation
    Place the startpos.esf file in your empire total war\data\campaigns\main folder.
    Overwriting is necessary with this file I am afraid, CA has not come up with a good system like the mod files

Place the patch_is_text.pack and the Imperial Splendour.pack in your empire total war\data folder.

Place the user.empire_script.txt in your The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts found in

Windows Vista
    C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\

Click here if you can't find the folder

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\

Click here if you can't find the folder
    This file enables the Imperial Splendour.pack file. The patch_is_text.pack file is a movie type file and contains the localisation. It does not need to be enabled.

Instead of using the user.empire_script.txt file, you can also use the Mod manager, or if you have some experience, enable the mod yourself.

Uninstallation
    Should you, for whatever reasons, want to uninstall Imperial Splendour, here is what to do:

• Remove the line "mod Imperial Splendour.pack;" from your user.empire_script.txt file
    • Delete the patch_is_text.pack file, in order to allow other mods Localisations to work. You can alternativeley change the file extension to, say, pack_backup
    • Rename or Delete the Startpos.esf file and run Steam "Verify integrity of game cache" option

If you find that the above instructions are not sufficient, try this post by Gomer_Pyle, which goes into a LOT of depth:
    Detailed Installation Instructions

Credits The Imperial Splendour 2.0 Team
    Ahiga - Lead Creative Designer
    The Vicar - Creative Designer and explosives expert
    Lazy Knight - Administration and bugfixing
    Dogmeat - AI and combat mechanics

Contributors
    erasmus777 - Denmark
    Disaray - Naval aspects
    yelowdogg23 - artworks

Special thanks to
    Quixote07 - Game mechanics and Inspiration

thanks to our betatesters
    Erunion Telecontar, Gomer_Pyle, Cinnead, yelowdogg23, Disaray, Sosobra, Electric Sheep, Graphic, Rastabuds, Dalthius, Linus

Download Download Regular Version at TWC Download DLC-Enabled Version at TWC
    Additional Content Reskin Package "Sons of the Dannebrog"
    We are offering the first reskin package, It includes Erasmus777's reskins of the Danish Faction.
    To install simply put the mod file in the data folder and the script file in the script folder (overwriting the other one) (or use modmanager to activate).

DLC version

We now offer 100% compatibility with the DLC pack "Elite Units of the West." Just run the DLC-enabled pack on top of your normal Imperial Splendour pack, and away you go. NOTE: If you attempt to use the DLC-enabled pack without first purchasing the DLC, you will CTD on battle load.

Startpos featuring every faction playable
    We would like you to play the factions that have received special care. The list of those will surely be expanded in the future. All of them are contained in the regular file. Should you anyways want to play a faction that is not supported, this file enables all factions for you. Just replace the other startpos file with it.
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; August 17, 2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Updated to 2.04

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.0 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

here you go. Have fun

roebra's Avatar Libertus
    West-Vlaanderen, Vlaanderen, Belgium, Europe

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.0 Download, Overview and Installation Instructions

thanks !

Civis

Downloading now!
    Even the preview of this page was well made..
    Thanks!
    Why so serious?

Thank you!

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

I have enjoyed doing betatesting for this great dev. team. All I can say "Congrats on release team". You make me proud. I salute you.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Big thanks for this mod.

Yay! Great work with this. Quick question: Are any flags or militia models changed? I ask because i use the realistic flag set and proper militia mod and dont want to overwrite anything in IS.

Flags should be ok (i use the same), not sure about all the militia, id try without any militia reskin to start.

Salem1's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome! is 2.0 compatible with the latest Regalia of Nations version?

Quote Originally Posted by Salem1 View Post
    ...is 2.0 compatible with the latest Regalia of Nations version?
    highly doubt able atm, you will need to give the Regalia team a bit o time to get the new rosters and do there thang i think.

Thanks dogmeat.

Great job! Rep to the entire team.

I'm currently away from home (and will be for the next few weeks) so I was just wondering if someone could update me on the swedish faction.

1) How big are their line infantry units in ultra? How big are russian line infantry units on ultra?
    2) How's the geschwinda skott working out for you?
    3) Any new units for Sweden?

Thanks in advance.

1) 140, 240

3) it is hard to answer this as every unit is new, yet no unit uses a new model.

i see up top there is a downloadable content version that is coming soon. does that mean Is 2.0 is not compatible with DLC?
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

YES! I want to get home and download this ASAP!

I know the long wait will have been worth it... thanks for all the hard work.
    Last edited by carbide; July 30, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Hello there,

i downloaded the zip archiv from TWC and there is a small problem. the user.empire_sript file is referring to the file Imperial_Splendour.pack. but that file is named Imperial Splendour.pack, without the slash. so the game won't run if you don't rename the file.

if anyone has the same problem don't be afraid it can be solved easily
    and thx a lot for the nice game.

oh dear. What a stupid misstake of mine.

attaching a file referring properly to "Imperial Splendour.pack".
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; July 30, 2009 at 09:14 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast