Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Lindhout give birth to her rapist's child

Default Re: Amanda Lindhout give birth to her rapist's child

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    A tragic tale, but thousands of women are raped, abused or otherwise mistreated everyday. Why should her plight be given a much greater attention and media coverage?
    Because the rapist is a Muslim.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post

Gist of story.

US Marines go in.
    US Marines get pwned hard.
    Indian UN troops save their arses.
    Somalis continue to grin widely.
    except that it was the army and not the marines.
    the pakistanis and not the indians
    and the were SEVERELY out numbered...

we killed way more of them then they killed of us

we won
    Last edited by elusivecorn; July 24, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    Considering how good muslims are at rape it can't be it.
    It's probably the circumstances around this case that makes such a big story.

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post
    or maybe becouse she's a journalist in a war torn country, and kidnapping and raping a foreign journalists is big news?

As for the Op, well she was naive in going to Somalia, but i hope that she will be freed/released. I'm also sorry for Somalia, such a shame that a country that wasn't that bad in the 60' has turned to a lawless war zone.
    Meh at least now western companies have a place were to dump toxic waste for cheap....
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
    I think this is the worst crime that could be done against a woman. I could hardly understand anymore people that have any sympathy to somalis.

Because you base everyone on one group of people. Fine then, all Southerners in America are KKK members and want to hang black people for no reason.

I have sympathy for the Somalians. They are in terrible trouble and there is nothing they can do because they are afraid. Anyway nearly every African country has problems. It is a troubled continent.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You've never been raped and killed have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    You've never been raped and killed have you?
    What a pointless post. No I haven't.

So tell me this, if a black person rapes someone you know, God forbid, would you hate black people for the rest of your life??

It was meant as a joke. I always thought that murder would be worse.

No, I wouldn't hate an entire racve over the actions of one man. That is like hating all the Germans because of Hitler. Its stupid, filled with bigotry, and demonstrates a distinct lack of intelligence.

Of course people are going to accuse me of the same due to my nasty post above.

Oh, and the post wasn't directed at anyone in general.
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Ok sorry, you don't usually get much humor in this section. And btw I usually get agressive here, I am usually nice

My bad Henry.

don't worry about it, I get crack-brained in the early morning.

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

we killed way more of them then they killed of us

we won

Allied losses
    Military dead:
    Over 16,000,000
    Civilian dead:
    Over 45,000,000
    Total dead:
    Over 61,000,000

Axis casualtys
    Military dead:
    Over 8,000,000
    Civilian dead:
    Over 4,000,000
    Total dead:
    Over 12,000,000

Hitler's fazit: We killed way more of them then they killed of us, we won
    Last edited by SorelusImperion; July 24, 2009 at 07:18 AM.
    Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post

Gist of story.

US Marines go in.
    US Marines get pwned hard.
    Indian UN troops save their arses.
    Somalis continue to grin widely.
    1. It was Rangers and Delta force went in.

2. It was Pakistan force went in to save them.

I recomment rewatch the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    1. It was Rangers and Delta force went in.

2. It was Pakistan force went in to save them.

I recomment rewatch the film.
    I recommend re-reading the thread - you're the eleventeenth person to point out these irrelevant details.
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    The solution:
    Agreed.

No more problem if we just raze Somalia to the ground. I'm sick of those pirate sympathizers......

SorelusImperion's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    Agreed.

No more problem if we just raze Somalia to the ground. I'm sick of those pirate sympathizers......
    The Spanish will surely join your quest...

I suggest to start with her:

Frederick II of Prussia: "All Religions are equal and good, if only the people that practice them are honest people; and if Turks and heathens came and wanted to live here in this country, we would build them mosques and churches."
    Norge: "Give me a break. Nothing would make you happier than to see the eagle replaced with a crescent."

Ummon:"enforcing international law will require that the enforcers do not respect it"
    Olmstead v USA:"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means-to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal-would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."

Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who can't defend themselfs.
    When you stand before god you can not say "I was told by others to do this" or that virtue was not convenient at the time

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I'm quite sickened by some people saying she was stupid to be in a wartorn country like Somalia. Apparently having ideals and doing your job is being stupid now.

She's a journalist, they report news. Somalia being one big hell-hole in constant warfare and chaos is pretty big news. She did her job.
    I've never seen any one call a soldier dying a stupid idiot for being in a war, while they are both just doing their jobs.

I'd like to say a lot more to those self righteous , but since I'm pretty biased when it comes to foreign and war correspondents, and Somalia in particular (My own cousin being held ransom there for nearly 8 months now) I'll just shut up.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

So tell me this? You agree with the killing of innocent men, women and children?
    Again.......
    Last edited by Adhamh Ashashi; July 24, 2009 at 09:32 AM.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

That woman should have been liberated by now through a special force assault. After that napalm the whole place and erase it from worldmaps. The idea of leaving her there to such a primitive and despicable fate tarnishes us.
    Read a napoleonic first hand account of a Hessian serving under the french flag

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Vampire's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ebusitanus View Post
    That woman should have been liberated by now through a special force assault. After that napalm the whole place and erase it from worldmaps. The idea of leaving her there to such a primitive and despicable fate tarnishes us.
    Amen to that!
    None are so blind as those who refuse to see!
    None are so deaf as those who refuse to hear!
    None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsley believe they are free!

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Usually isn't that easy. The hostages are being moved around a lot, and you can't send an assault team without knowing where to send it.

Plus hostages tend to get killed in an assault.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast