Thread: Amanda Lindhout give birth to her rapist's child

Default Re: Amanda Lindhout give birth to her rapist's child

Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Gist of story.

US Marines go in.
    US Marines get pwned hard.
    Indian UN troops save their arses.
    Somalis continue to grin widely.
    Actually that's pretty wrong. Especially considering Marines aren't even in the movie. The Marines beat the hell out of the Somalian militias when they came. Clinton pulled them out after there was inactivity (the Somalian militias stopped f'ing with the Marines because they got THEIR asses hands to them) and replaced them with Task Force Ranger in order to do more precise raids and attempt to take out/capture the Habr Gadir leadership structure. Oddly, Mohammed Farrah Aidid never declared war on the UN forces until AFTER the Marines left, cause he knew he'd have a black boot shoved incredibly far up his ass. Clinton made and other politicians made a lot of dumb calls regarding Somalia which ultimately led to the 19 troops being killed and the US abandoning it's position in there. He should've just let the Marines stay in place and do their thing. They are Pakistani, Malaysian and parts of the American 10th Armor Division that aided them as well, which isn't so surprising when you drive light armored vehicles, APCs, and tanks into a small arms fight that's not too hard to do.

Civitate

Man, you owned me.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

At any rate, here's hoping something good can happen. Her actions were quite retarded, but I still nevertheless feel sorry for her.

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

If we keep giving these people millions of dollars, they are just going to get stronger. Go in by force, BEFORE something like this happpens again.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by PurPul View Post
    If we keep giving these people millions of dollars, they are just going to get stronger. Go in by force, BEFORE something like this happpens again.
    ... or we could just stop giving them stuff.

Panzerbear's Avatar Praeses

what the hell did this woman do in the war-torn Somalia anyway?

rape is not THE worst thing that could have happened to her. some people honestly have no ing common sense and then face the consequences.

Throw away all your newspapers!
    Most of you are Libertarians, you just havent figured it out yet.

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

nvm

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    They are Pakistani, Malaysian and parts of the American 10th Armor Division that aided them as well, which isn't so surprising when you drive light armored vehicles, APCs, and tanks into a small arms fight that's not too hard to do.
    Small typo there. The 10th Mountain Division was in Somalia, but the 10th Armored was demobilized in 1957.

As for this woman, I really do feel sorry for her. I also think Somalis are, as a group, completely barbaric and useless. We have a lot of Somali immigrants here in San Diego and they cause nothing but trouble. On the other hand, why in the hell was she in Somalia? She knew better than that.

Like those two American journalists who were arrested in North Korea. It's sad, but they knew it wasn't a place they should have been.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPirate View Post
    I am sadened on how people here focus on the fact that the rapists were somalis.You mean in the west we dont have rapists?You mean when we had conflicts, crimes like this werent commited?I wont take you far away back in time, i will remind you that raping was a common practice during the Jugoslav wars
    Erm no. The fact is that these are professional journalists, which are supposed to be neutral in foreign countries have been held hostage for over 10 months and is forced to name a child spawned by her rapist after someone responsible for the death of 3000 americans. THAT's BS.

At the very least, someone who is impregnated by rape in the US can either abort or give up for adoption.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    The resources are controlled by politicians.
    They asked for M1 tanks, Bradleys, and AC-130 Gunships and were denied. Plus they weren't Marines they were Army.

US Marines US Rangers and Delta Force go in.
    US MarinesUS Rangers and Delta Force kill HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of somali's get pwned hard.
    Indian UN troops save their arses. Pakistani troops and further US rreinforcements help the heavily ountumbered special forces.

Somalis continue to grin widely. lie dead in mountains of corpses.
    And the US forces still got their man!
    Last edited by VALIS; July 23, 2009 at 09:17 PM.

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

There was 1 or 2 Air Force guys too, don't forget them.

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hub'ite View Post
    There was 1 or 2 Air Force guys too, don't forget them.
    CCT guys if my memory serves me correctly
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Panzerbear's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    I also think Somalis are, as a group, completely barbaric and useless. We have a lot of Somali immigrants here in San Diego and they cause nothing but trouble.
    I disagree. I happen to live in Minneapolis, a city that apparently has the largest Somali population in the United States. I met many of them through my work and just randomly through friends, they are certainly less civilized, yet they are very hardworking and honest people. I'd prefer living with them than in Detroit or NYC ghettos to be honest. the emigrant black people do not feel that sense of entitlement from the govt, and work their way up with much greater enthusiasm. I also met a lot of Somali small business owners, very descent people.

On the other hand, why in the hell was she in Somalia? She knew better than that.
    she clearly knew what she was doing, and got pwned by the circumstances. its like those stupid foreign contractors or human rights activists who go to Chechnya, and then end up with their ing heads cut off...

Throw away all your newspapers!
    Most of you are Libertarians, you just havent figured it out yet.

Primicerius

Gist of story.

US Marines go in.
    US Marines get pwned hard.
    Indian UN troops save their arses.
    Somalis continue to grin widely.
    really u listen to a damn magic 8 ball and see the future?

*shakes magic 8 ball

yes, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Small typo there. The 10th Mountain Division was in Somalia, but the 10th Armored was demobilized in 1957.
    Whoopsy daisy. I thought I wrote 10th Mountain. Good eyes! There was also some Navy SEALs with that fated mission but only like four I think.

Rape is overrated.

Im glad at least they didnt saw her head off.

This I why I hate women working in dangerous places. People say women can do what men can do and they want equal treatment. But lets get real when a female journalist gets kidnapped for example it creates way more drama than if it is a man.

She is a professional journalist. She knew what she got into when she agreed to go to war torn countries.

Still I hope she will be freed soon.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post

This I why I hate women working in dangerous places. People say women can do what men can do and they want equal treatment. But lets get real when a female journalist gets kidnapped for example it creates way more drama than if it is a man.
    Yeah, Jessica Lynch is also another example of the difference in sensationalism for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Yeah, Jessica Lynch is also another example of the difference in sensationalism for sure.
    11 other US soldiers died, but no one really cared coz they were men ...
    Last edited by jankren; July 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Amry's Avatar Ducenarius

A tragic tale, but thousands of women are raped, abused or otherwise mistreated everyday. Why should her plight be given a much greater attention and media coverage?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast