Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 300 WoS; General discussion and feedback.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 300 WoS; General discussion and feedback.

do we forget the Arcadians started pwning them too lol, well for like 5seconds, i finished the unification of southern greece mission already, but ive had no persian invasions after i whooped em at platea, they just stay in their started regions

they had the surprise element for the inmortals whas like a WTF!
    1-i have two ideas : its supossed that the spartans who were sended to termopylae were the 300 better soldiers so i think they neet to be stronger (golden arms and shield and that stuff)
    2-bersekers can trow units to air like elephants or sauron in lotrtw

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
    do we forget the Arcadians started pwning them too lol, well for like 5seconds, i finished the unification of southern greece mission already, but ive had no persian invasions after i whooped em at platea, they just stay in their started regions

The same here...
    Maybe the rebel garrison's should more and stronger.I read here thats on hard difficulty it is almost impossible.
    So i tryed medium,but now its easy.Even if the Persian's sending 10 stacks,with that much money i get every turn(about 19000) i can build 20 lol.

But i think on the moment you touch the border with some Persian settlement,things will heaten up.Only with that amount of money the heat will cool down soon.

I gonna try this on hard.I'm sure things will look different then hehe.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

The mod starts on the last day of Thermopylae, all but the last remaining Spartans have been sent home. I think I did say that in the 'features' thread. The Spartans are supposed to die.

So i tryed medium,but now its easy.Even if the Persian's sending 10 stacks,with that much money i get every turn(about 19000) i can build 20 lol.
    Indeed, 20 stacks of low order units. The Persians will most likely chew them up pretty quick.

But i think on the moment you touch the border with some Persian settlement,things will heaten up.Only with that amount of money the heat will cool down soon.
    Maybe ...

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

I shall behave as a old woman and ship a stack of levies and peltast to Persia,i'm curious how long they will last there...With a fm called ..the lucky(that dude alone won a auto-calced battle against 600 rebels and lost nada/niente not on of his bodygaurd..indeed the lucky hehe)....Now i can't wait untill i touch there borders.

Then i will see how they last,and what kind of preperations i have to make
    I still have the Platea forces...i never/ever disband units.
    With them behind my borders and the AI pawning methods mankind nows,i feel pretty secure.

What units are the best suited against these beserkers?
    My guess would be archers.How does cav peform against them?
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Blog Entries

What units are the best suited against these beserkers?

My guess would be archers.
    I've seen 'Berserker's' in beta testing but not in my current campaign. A'yup, as with any elite unit making them seperate from the main body of an enemy force and then shooting them in the back always works.

How does cav peform against them?
    Well, call me a traditionalist but I don't use cavalry myself, in this period the Spartans didn't use it and since the Greeks are commanded by the Spartans I prefer to fight as a Spartan!. My only other rule is that all my armies must be led by a general in battle.

There's no honour in winning by force of numbers.

Though I must confess the need for armoured archers becomes apparent as you try to take Macedon from the Persians.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Yeah, the Epitagma Makedon do not prove much of a threat to your troops but the Argyraspidai phalanx is nasty.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by YMCA LEGO View Post
    Yeah, the Epitagma Makedon do not prove much of a threat to your troops but the Argyraspidai phalanx is nasty.
    Those Hetairoi and Basilike Ile can give you a few headaches, too.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

i been thinking of this for awhile, how long did it take you guys to make a thermopylae map as good as you did for this mod even though its slightly large, still pretty damn impressive though

i guess 2-4 months, i was watching the mod progress hehe
    + Hospitallers, Teutonics and Templars Mod Coming Very Soon on ETW yes on ETW +

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Please make skirmish mode for skirmishers off... It's a kind of idiocy when on field remains one your somatophylakes unit and a few enemy peltast units! They don't attack, and you can't catch them, so such battles are impossible to win.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

In the movie version, you should make the executioners and berserkers much larger/stronger. In the movie, that executioner was no joke and that berserker that took many hits (I mean, he was huge and it took chopping his head off to kill him) and had superstrength. Plus, units should fly when the berserkers hit them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Please make skirmish mode for skirmishers off... It's a kind of idiocy when on field remains one your somatophylakes unit and a few enemy peltast units! They don't attack, and you can't catch them, so such battles are impossible to win.
    Not possible, as long as the units are 'missile' the AI can toggle skirmish and and off at will during battle. Either use time limit for battles, keep one of your units in reserve, or use cavalry to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    In the movie version, you should make the executioners and berserkers much larger/stronger. In the movie, that executioner was no joke and that berserker that took many hits (I mean, he was huge and it took chopping his head off to kill him) and had superstrength. Plus, units should fly when the berserkers hit them IMO.
    That's Halie's design call...

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Aradan
    I meant not to switch skirmish ability on/off, but completely remove it from units, as you did it for Spartan peltasts:
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

The Spartan Peltasts are coded as "spearmen infantry" internally, so they can't skirmish. We'd have to do the same to all units, but that would mess the AI up seriously in terms of formations, unit assignments and recruitment.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Just remove the prec. It doesnt matter that they are coded spearmen. If it has a missile it will skirmish anyway.

They don't attack, and you can't catch them, so such battles are impossible to win.
    Easy. Just put forward a weak unit and AI will attack(slingers, archers, peltasts etc)

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Athenogoras
    Quote Originally Posted by lanjane
    ...when on field remains one your somatophylakes unit and a few enemy peltast units
    I had only one unit, brave somatophylakes lead by general. And there were two enemy peltast units. They wasted their missiles, but didn't attack me hand-to-hand, and my general wasn't able to catch them. Impossible battle.
    Thanks for your tip on "prec" ability!
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

I had only one unit, brave somatophylakes lead by general

What! you leave your galant nobles without support! Who will pamper them now? Bring them water? Carry their shields? Massage their feets? Who will they make fun of and beat for amusement when the battle is over? Who will harvest the fallen of valuables and bring it to you?

Blog Entries

A fight against two peltast units can only be called a skirmish, so that's what they do.

Does beg the question, why fight a battle against two peltast units?. There isn't a hope in hell you'd lose that fight with auto resolve.

Tip; Rhodian slingers. I'll say no more.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 28, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

Rhodian slingers. I'll say no more
    Agreed. Especially against those low-shield targets. Also the ap-archers when you get access to those.

My guess is he sieged a settlement with his bodyguard only, seeking to draw out the enemy without having to siege it. He got attacked be reinforcing army. He destroyed all units except the peltasts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast