Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

why thespians are green? they wore black

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

And you have proof of this from?

Because as far as I know only the Spartans had any kind of uniformity, the famed red cloak. Where you get a definate, 'Thespians wore black from' is going to require some kind of back up. Even if you can find back up I'll have to direct you to the complaints dept which you can find in the disclaimer in the release thread.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM.

oh and why campaign lags like hell in my comp?

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

2 Options :

Scripts
    bad pc

hmm, maybe bad comp, even EB lags less.
    EDIT: it can be scrips to tho,
    EDIT2: well I change thespians to my liking
    Last edited by Hopit; August 17, 2009 at 01:07 PM.

jan765's Avatar Libertus

300 WOS MOVIE VERSION: May I have a request? Is there a possible team that the WOS team can make the Thermopylae map's mountains closer to the coast of the ocean?
    I mean, the spartans could kill thousands with the phalanx, but its impossible to make a line across the gap. Can you make those "two mountains" like in this image and the movie?
    http://www.wga.hu/art/d/david_j/4/414david.jpg

It would make the experience.. more "phalanx". There was this old thermopylae map that someone had created, which summoned about 3 reinforcements of enemy, which would probably total about 18,000 persian A.I in the game. The beginning of the WOS mission has only very little amounts of troops. Can you do this kind of map?
    It would give an exact "feel" of the movie where you really can't be outflanked.. lol...

But i know, I look at the negativities of this request. This way, I would end up killing all the Persian troops because they cant corner the spartans. So it may be possible for you to script and summon immortals behind them after the 2nd wave?

I am not criticizing your work or saying that its bad. In fact, I love it, but Its only a suggestion.
    ty for reading! Wish I didnt not offend anyone in some way

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Not going to be possible I'm afraid. The team member who made the map is far to busy with another project. The map in game was developed to be more in line with the real landscape of Thermopylae rather than the movie version, it's a compramise between the two.

Sorry.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

300 rules !!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Really good job......
    Who is afraid it dies every day, who is not afraid it dies only one day
    P.Borsellino (Sicilian judge)

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Scott View Post
    300 rules !!
    Quoted for truth.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Lmao!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Not going to be possible I'm afraid. The team member who made the map is far to busy with another project. The map in game was developed to be more in line with the real landscape of Thermopylae rather than the movie version, it's a compramise between the two.

Sorry.
    I could do it It should'nt be to hard afaik ..

Burt the battle would become to easy ..

hmm, maybe bad comp, even EB lags less.
    Then it's not the scripts -_-"

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post

Not if you split Xerxes' army up and surround the Spartans. Or add a Persian reinforcement stack to enter the battlefield from the Spartans' six after the battle starts.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post

If you fancy having a go at alternative Thermopylae it isn't too difficult to make, just time consuming to get the blocking right. Can't remember if I told you before but there's a 'settlement' underneath which uses 'buildings' to block cliff faces. (There are two existing custom tiles one at base level which does custom battle and one in campaign folder - as unfortunately the orientation it loads custom battles in is always north south, whereas campaign comes up east west - and trying to load tile when you've blocked where it thinks it wants to deploy second army crashes game...)

Then it's not the scripts -_-"
    script doesn't have much position checking in it - which is main thing I found can make the strat map lag, so hopefully shouldn't be that. A lot of the strat models (settlements and boats etc) are larger/more complex than vanilla ones, so that might cause problem if computer is very borderline for running TW.

Thank you so much for this superb RTW mod. I have installed the "Movie" version and the "300" feeling of the mod and gameplay is just so great. It is really captivating and addictive to say the least.

Cheers

iutland

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    If you fancy having a go at alternative Thermopylae it isn't too difficult to make, just time consuming to get the blocking right. Can't remember if I told you before but there's a 'settlement' underneath which uses 'buildings' to block cliff faces. (There are two existing custom tiles one at base level which does custom battle and one in campaign folder - as unfortunately the orientation it loads custom battles in is always north south, whereas campaign comes up east west - and trying to load tile when you've blocked where it thinks it wants to deploy second army crashes game...)
    Aha , in that case , i'm very sorry I didn't know it was that complicated . In other words : I couldn't do it . Apologies , and great job on the Thermopylae map

Icon5 Re: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

Hi I need help. I recently installed your mod, installed it under Creative assembly/Rome-Total War, the data is all there and everything installed except there's no shortcut and no file within the folder which allows me to access the game. I have Alexander and Rome and everything installed. Could there be something Im missing?

If there is no shortcut (there should be, the installer creates one automatically), just make a new shortcut for the RTW-ALX.exe, then go to its properties and add
    Code:
     -mod:alexander\300WOS -show_err -nm
    at the end (notice the space before the first dash).

Then you can change the icon to a 300WoS one, one should exist in your main RTW directory.

Do I add that code in the target box in my shortcut properties? It's saying not valid.

Should work.