Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

Default Re: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

I mean ; just reading who the creators/contributors of the mod are is enough to download it That's pretty much all top-RTW modders .. No need for prntscreens whatsoever ^^

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    I mean ; just reading who the creators/contributors of the mod are is enough to download it That's pretty much all top-RTW modders .. No need for prntscreens whatsoever ^^
    Kind of you to say so.

I've been lucky enough to work with some of best modders around, of course we do have to put up with MoN's jokes, but it's a small price to pay.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Kind of you to say so.

I've been lucky enough to work with some of best modders around, of course we do have to put up with MoN's jokes, but it's a small price to pay.
    I'd face down the demon hordes of Persia (*see disclaimer below) to play WoS any day.

*Yes, I know the people of Persia in real life are not demons, orks, ogres, or 7-foot-tall androgynous giants with God complexes. In spite of my enjoyment of 300 as a film based on a graphic novel, I have all the respect in the world for the social, economical, and military accomplishments of the Persian people.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Ha! Nice disclaimer!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Is anyone seeding this on a torrent?

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

I try to upload it tonight.. Its the only time i can run bittorrent.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus
    I've been lucky enough to work with some of best modders around,
    Enough with the modesty. YOU are one of the best modders around.

Excited to see this released. Will download it asap.
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    I try to upload it tonight.. Its the only time i can run bittorrent.
    Thanks mate . Leave the details and that, and when I download it, I'll join you in seeding. It looks a great mod (by great modders, lol)

jan765's Avatar Libertus

Excellent! I have been longing for this for an eternity! I think I'm going to have a heart attack!

Outstanding work, Halie.

Thank you for all the months of hard work!
    Thank you, WOS team for making such a wonderful mod!

You guys are the best!

It feels really intense when you play the "300" movie soundtrack with it =]

Blog Entries

Your welcome.

srry for the late upload.....but my comp gave me some probs.
    Ill try to make a torrent after 23.15(holland)....the time i'm back .
    Dont know how long it takes to upload it completly.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.

Ooooh...I can't wait to play this mod ... downloading now!

You have made the most accurately looking Immortals troops I've yet seen. Why did you not include their bows as a weapon in their ranks? I am modding the files to allow a slightly more accurate Hot Gates aka Thermopylae battle, I will include units to approximately replicate the real life statics most commonly associated with the battle:
    Persians

approximately 250,000 Troops on land

10,000 Immortals, - light thin plated armor hidden under cloth tunics that even covered their
    faces. They marched silently to a target. Carried Short bows, spears,
    shields and swords.
    Assorted archers, calvary, light troops, spearmen, peltests and mercenaries. Including
    Demaretis a former Spartan King.

approximately 250,000 Troops at sea on 800 ships

-200 ships sail around the island of Euboa to cut off the Greek fleet

Greeks

6,700 Troops on land

300 elite Spartan Bodyguard Hoplites (all of which had living offspring the reason they were chosen)
    700 Thespian Hoplites
    400 Theban Hoplites
    1000 Phocian Hoplites
    assorted arches and light troops from all over greece mostly the northern greek cities still
    resisting Persia.

200 Ships at sea

So im adding Thepsians, archers and a one of the revolt hoplites units (too approximately represent the phocians and thebans). Persia will get some persian calvary more spearmen, and archers.

Themistocles commanded a battle at sea similar to the one on land, badly outnumbered by the Persian Navy, he eventually struck a hard blow on them but had to withdraw, then later we all know about the sea battle of salamis. Also while the look is great and all, that is a lot of map for only two factions, theoretically you could have Thebans as a separate entity that by fear leans toward Persian, though it would be only one city and weak. Also since its so close to the pelopanesian wars, you could add a later time period mod for that and the major cities involved as independent powers but allied as most were, to either sparta or athens. The curved blade you have on the Takabara looks like the club used by the bear warriors in the roma surrectum mod, there are arab units that actually use such a sword you could borrow and use for the takabara infantry and calvary however. And i am curious, the Phalanx was a greek military formation, yet only persian Lydian Hoplites can do it or the Makadonian Silver Shields, why is that?? And the navy at the time of Hot Gates isnt accurate. Persia had 4 to 5 times the ships that the Greeks had, and had them near the coast of thermoplyae supporting the land army, so i made one of the fleets larger by moving ships over to it from the other fleets and moved that fleet close to thermopylae's coast. The only problem I had, was I had to use the aristabara , the elite archer unit to represent the immortals more accurately functionally. Any thoughts too on adding any mercenary hoplite option like when the persians hired the 10,000 greek hoplite mercenaries to fight a civil war between two heirs?

not sure btw if it was 800 ships at the start or after the 200 left the fleet and sailed around to the rear of the greek fleet.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; August 01, 2009 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries

You have made the most accurately looking Immortals troops I've yet seen. Why did you not include their bows as a weapon in their ranks?
    I did mention, somewhere, that the attributes of the 'Immortals' was governed by the EDU of the movie version of the mod where they have two swords. Hence no bows.

I am modding the files to allow a slightly more accurate Hot Gates aka Thermopylae battle, I will include units to approximately replicate the real life statics most commonly associated with the battle:
    Persians
    The mod starts on the last day, the last attack of the Persians. Yes we could have just thrown in 20 archer units, since that is the historically accepted method of the final attack, but we decided that game play was more important than accuracy. So we thought lets give the player a semblance of hope that they could win!. Of course if you see the ''deceitful bastards' thread you'll know that that hope was ultimately false.

And i am curious, the Phalanx was a greek military formation, yet only persian Lydian Hoplites can do it or the Makadonian Silver Shields, why is that??
    The Macedonian style phalanx you see is just for game play, to give the Persians a bit of diversity. If you play the 'classical version all Greek Hoplites fight in an overhand phalanx.

The Takabara sword was another just for the movie version element. Again in the classical version they carry an axe, which I believe was the prefered weapon of said unit.

The only problem I had, was I had to use the aristabara , the elite archer unit to represent the immortals more accurately functionally.
    As it was told to me the 'Aristabara' were Immortals. In the same way the 'Promachoi, Epitagama, and Euzonos are all variations of hoplites.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 01, 2009 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I did mention, somewhere, that the attributes of the 'Immortals' was governed by the EDU of the movie version of the mod where they have two swords. Hence no bows.

Ok, but I installed the classical version cause I know the movie is filled with so much fantasy, so I presumed classical would be more realistic. Ya they looked good in the movie but no where near what the real immortals were like. LOL.

The mod starts on the last day, the last attack of the Persians. Yes we could have just thrown in 20 archer units, since that is the historically accepted method of the final attack, but we decided that game play was more important than accuracy. So we thought lets give the player a semblance of hope that they could win!. Of course if you see the ''deceitful bastards' thread you'll know that that hope was ultimately false.

I can see that, however, you could do a delayed entry work around of reinforcements. If its possible to make it that the reinforcements do not arrive before something like half the game is up, which is also kind of realistic in the respect that, the Persian army was so large and spread over such a large area it might be possible it would take sufficient time to assemble them for an attack.

The Macedonian style phalanx you see is just for game play, to give the Persians a bit of diversity. If you play the 'classical version all Greek Hoplites fight in an overhand phalanx.

The Takabara sword was another just for the movie version element. Again in the classical version they carry an axe, which I believe was the prefered weapon of said unit.

Oh, it does look more like an axe but it says in the unit description that its a curved blade.
    Did persia really have any such wild element unit like you have at Thermopylae to inspire said unit for the movie or the game? and if so, what was the real version composed of? Elephants? camel riders? They had reached parts of the Indian peoples lands under Cyrus, who used elephants pretty far back in time so is it possible they could have? perhaps it was chariots? they did use them for sure just about 100 years later at Gaugamela when fighting Alexander. And the greeks had Chariots as far back as 1200 bc at the time of the Trojan war.

As it was told to me the 'Aristabara' were Immortals. In the same way the 'Promachoi, Epitagama, and Euzonos are all variations of hoplites.
    Does that mean not all immortals carried bows in real life? I got the impression they did. Its still a good fun mod. I just prefer the real story over the movie, it was just too over the top unbelievable, and that makes the 1961 Richard Egan version the more realistic of the two, even though it was made so long ago.

Blog Entries

I can see that, however, you could do a delayed entry work around of reinforcements. If its possible to make it that the reinforcements do not arrive before something like half the game is up, which is also kind of realistic in the respect that, the Persian army was so large and spread over such a large area it might be possible it would take sufficient time to assemble them for an attack.
    Could, though it's a lot of work and in the long run it is only ever going to representative.

Oh, it does look more like an axe but it says in the unit description that its a curved blade.
    Opps, that should have been changed for the classical version.

Did persia really have any such wild element unit like you have at Thermopylae to inspire said unit for the movie or the game? and if so, what was the real version composed of? Elephants? camel riders? They had reached parts of the Indian peoples lands under Cyrus, who used elephants pretty far back in time so is it possible they could have? perhaps it was chariots? they did use them for sure just about 100 years later at Gaugamela when fighting Alexander. And the greeks had Chariots as far back as 1200 bc at the time of the Trojan war.
    Chariots, apart from them being pretty lame in the RTW world, were unlikely at Thermopylea for a number of reasons, not least it was fought on soft ground near the coast, a poor surface for chariot wheels, also the battle field was narrow, again not idea for chariots, even if the Persians were good at those tight turns. The Greek Archers would have cut them to pieces.

Just speculation on my part.

Does that mean not all immortals carried bows in real life? I got the impression they did.
    As impossible to answer as did all hoplites wear cloaks in battle?. I think I would look at the practical rather than the romantic. I doubt very much that any fighting man would have bothered to carry his bow and quiver into hand to hand combat and was more likely to leave it behind when his arrows were used up, just as hoplites would have left their cloaks behind.

Game mechanics make units that fire arrows before charging into battle a bit restricted, and I didn't want the Persian generals to be held up waiting for them to exhaust their arrows.

Its still a good fun mod. I just prefer the real story over the movie, it was just too over the top unbelievable, and that makes the 1961 Richard Egan version the more realistic of the two, even though it was made so long ago.
    You probably enjoy the classical version over the movie version then.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 01, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

....Game mechanics make units that fire arrows before charging into battle a bit restricted, and I didn't want the Persian generals to be held up waiting for them to exhaust their arrows....thx for the tip

Hm always better then suicidle commanders(i change them to skirmisher units).The battle is always won when the general dies.The general's here think they are the incarnations of john j. rambo..Or i give them 5 hitpoints more....That way its not only there first blood before they perish....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    ....Game mechanics make units that fire arrows before charging into battle a bit restricted, and I didn't want the Persian generals to be held up waiting for them to exhaust their arrows....thx for the tip

Hm always better then suicidle commanders(i change them to skirmisher units).The battle is always won when the general dies.The general's here think they are the incarnations of john j. rambo..Or i give them 5 hitpoints more....That way its not only there first blood before they perish....hehe

Thats a good idea, btw, two good sources for additional info about thermopylae is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2En9c...layer_embedded

http://www.300spartanwarriors.com/ba...ombatants.html

as for the chariots, i just threw them out there as possible inspirations for the bizarre and freaks units represented by the artisabara purple clothed infantry. While they may not have had them there, they could have had them as units, especially having taken the assyrians, who were famous for using chariots.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; August 03, 2009 at 05:59 AM.

Is this mod modfoldered?

Yes, completely.