Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speculations about the X-Men Franchise

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Speculations about the X-Men Franchise

Firstly, this topic is about the films NOT the comic books.

Randomly I was looking around at X-Men stuff on Wikipedia and came across the main article for the X-Men film franchise. Near the bottom I was shocked at what I saw...

Supposedly like...5 more movies are in the works...when did they decide this?

These are supposedly either strongly rumored or are actually going to be made:

- Deadpool
    - Origins: Magneto
    - Origins: Wolverine 2
    - X-Men: First Class
    - a 4th main X-Men movie

from what I read it sounds like all of them are depending on the success or failure of the past Origins: Wolverine film. I liked that one but I dont know how it was generally accepted around the world with critics or with profit.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Default Re: Speculations about the X-Men Franchise

Im not sure they are depending on it. I heard the Deadpool and Magneto movies were both confirmed and in production before Wolverine even came out, and I knew a 4th X-Men was coming but that was just speculation at the time.

Personally I have high hopes for the Deadpool and Magneto movies, hopefully they dont follow the butchering they did with Deadpool for the movie.

Cant like the idea of another Wolverine.. I'd say it's gonna be a floppy sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Del Valle's Avatar Senator

Origins: Magneto? I wonder if they're going to show his time in Auschwitz.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I hope that with the Deadpool movie they have him break the fourth wall and all.

Civitate

Cant like the idea of another Wolverine.. I'd say it's gonna be a floppy sequel
    I don't know, it could be cool, but it would all depend on how they do it. See, the rumor is that the sequel would be set in Japan and follow that whole story arc (i.e. Wolverine meeting Mariko and all that) - which might work but honestly...Wolverine running around Japan trying to be Samurai not only doesn't really fit the character in my impression of him but also sort of destroys the character that the existing movies and Hugh Jackman himself have created for us. It might work, but for continuations sake they may have to alter ALOT.

Supposedly it does...it takes place between 1933 and 1955 I think with Magneto in Auschwitz, then meeting Xavier as one of the (I would assume British/American) soldiers finding the death camp, doing his thing with Xavier for a bit and then turning all vengeful and hunting down his past Nazi captors.

I hope that with the Deadpool movie they have him break the fourth wall and all.
    From what I hear it's supposed to do that...I mean...that would be the main gimmick of the film and if Ryan Reynolds does in fact reprise the role you can bet he'll probably do a good job with that.

Yeah and the idea of X-Men First Class is stupid I think. Essentially a team of young, unknown actors, playing the young X-men so that it's cheaper to make the movie. Ugh, too expensive to produce the previous films but they still probably expect the same kind of profit even if they spit a bunch of unknowns at us and make it some teen angst X-men puberty coming of age adventure. Spew.

Deadpool isn't a mutant, or, that is to say, he isn't an X-men type mutant.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhauser View Post
    Deadpool isn't a mutant, or, that is to say, he isn't an X-men type mutant.
    He's still apart of the X-Men franchise is he not?

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Kinda. He's more a part of the general Marvel Universe. At least in the comics.
    Though for the film continuities, yeah, he's part of the X-Men Franchise. Which is in a separate continuity from the Iron Man/Hulk films.

Yeah I thought he was a prominent member of weapon X which is part of the X-men universe right?

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    He's still apart of the X-Men franchise is he not?
    Originally, true, but he quickly branched out into his own series.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Since Deadpool was mixed upon by the Weapon X, I'd say he's affiliated with Wolverine, and thus, the X-men. He also had a comic book with cable, which is one of the best reads I've ever had.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

His healing ability is from modified wolverine genes so he has his origin with the x-men.

This doesn't matter anyway, it's clear that Fox owns the rights to Deadpool, so it can be lumped in with the rest of the xmen movie franchise that Fox owns.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I think I'd enjoy a Deadpool movie, maybe the Magneto but aside from that I'm pretty apathetic to the whole idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Valle View Post
    Wir können nur hoffen, muhahahaha *cough* That might be interesting.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

I really like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, I hope he kicks ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhauser View Post
    Originally, true, but he quickly branched out into his own series.
    Yeah, but so did Wolverine...does that make him no longer apart of the X-Men universe too?

Anyway, I'd certainly see Deadpool and a Magneto origin flick but I'd also love to see another installment to the main X-Men film franchise...all in all those 3 films (X-Men, X2, and The Last Stand) were actually really good comic book flicks (which is not a common thing).

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

The last one wasn't that good and wolverine was a junkfood movie.

A classic example of milking a franchise to the death. No originality or creativity to be found here, just take some popular characters, do the usual CGI action wankfest and bombard the theatres with it for the next few years hoping one of them actually makes money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    A classic example of milking a franchise to the death. No originality or creativity to be found here, just take some popular characters, do the usual CGI action wankfest and bombard the theatres with it for the next few years hoping one of them actually makes money.
    On IMDB's top 250 Bryan Singer director of X-Men is ranked higher than Stanley Kubrick, the greatest of all time. Usual Suspects #22 and Kubrick's highest is Dr. Strangelove #28.

The way I look at it is these anti-movies are like anti-musicians, just a morphine drip of excitement for dull people unable to amuse themselves.

There's nothing artistic about it, their focus group research tells them what young men aged 15-25 want to see or hear and they make something to fit the formula.

Large corporations own all the venues: the theaters, stadiums, clubs, radio stations, tv stations, everything. And they get to decide who plays there and they make the decision based on the bottom line.

You share this Earth with a lot of shallow, stupid people and their money is just as good as yours.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Sometimes you just want mindless entertainment.

Today I may listen to Tsiolkovsky's 6th Symphony but tomorrow I may listen to Weezer. I listen to my local radio's morning show's podcast then pop on AstronomyCast right afterwards.

Entertainment doesn't always have to be sophisticated to be enjoyed, nor does what you entertain yourself with make you better or more sophisticated than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast