Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Caesar's Texture Thread

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Sir Caesar's Texture Tread

I'll be ready to work on KoSJ alternate riflemen tommarow, would it be okay if it also made a feature (with full credit to you for doing the re-skin) in My Units Mod?

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Anyone can use my skins with credit mate

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Sir Digby:
    Congratulations! Awesome skins! l like the maltese units!

Have you more units in your mind? I hope it...

Thanks

Oh my, Cossacks look a little strange... Historically, Cossacks never really wore Wolf Fur hats. They mostly had bear fur for their papakhas due to the material being one of the cheapest furs.

Those grenadiers are excellent. Seems like my small mod is being put to good use.

EDIT: Caesar, a request: could you reskin the Austrian line infantry into the Deutschmeister Regiment in their 1757 uniform (blue waistcoat, breeches, and turnbacks)?
    Source: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...ister_Infantry
    These were the first plastic miniatures I ever painted so I feel emotionally attached to them.
    And of course it was owned by the Teutonic Grand-Master, so you get to work on the 18th century remnants of another crusader order.
    Last edited by tiyafeh; July 28, 2009 at 06:31 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

@Tiyafeh;Plastic miniatures;Good memories eh Tiyafeh,these were the first i got,somewhere in the early 70's
    http://www.airfix.com/airfix-product...et-172-a50048/

after a dozen or so i gave up on the painting itself and just played out the Battle!(more then once i can assure you,i think ive been playing with war figures for 15 years or so)
    Got nearly everything of Airfix,still have them!(same with 1:32 scale)
    greetings
    Last edited by MorganH.; July 28, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

Unfortunately my glorious Seven Years' War Austrian army (two infantry battalions - IR Deutschmeister and the Red Wuerzburg Regiment, both Revell; one cavalry squadron-Graf Daun Dragoons, also Revell; and a battery of artillery, converted from Imex ARW artillerymen) have no opposition at the moment, except for two dozen converted (also Imex) Prussian artillerymen. All that is about to change, though, in 10 days - two weeks, thanks to the new Zvezda Prussian grenadiers, of which I'm ordering two sets. I'm also ordering some Great Northern War Swedes (infantry and dragoons) and I'm going to convert some into Prussian mounted officers.

Now, to keep this on-topic, how about a reskin of the new units that came with patch 1.3 (Prussian grenadiers, Spanish Guardias de Infanteria, Swedish Lifeguard etc.; but not the Dutch ones because there are already reskins of those) to make them more accurate?

Prussian Grenadiers (3rd on top row) and lifeguards (2nd on top row): http://www.diggerhistory.info/images.../prussia01.jpg

Spanish Grenadiers: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=30&snum=&e=w

Spanish Guardias de Infanteria: private - http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=16&snum=&e=w
    officer - http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=17&snum=&e=w

Spanish Guardias de Corps: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=19&snum=&e=w

Prussian Garde du Corps: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=40&snum=&e=w

Swedish Lifeguard of Horse: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...s=21&snum=&e=w

Swedish Lifeguard of Foot: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...os=9&snum=&e=w

Russian Grenadiers (4th on top row): http://www.diggerhistory.info/images...s/russia01.jpg

Hey Caesar, the unit will be a brand new unit, so you'll have to do things a little different, but good thing is that I know how to do it! Just make the skin and I'll take care of the rest!
    Upload the skins into a compressed file, upload it on a place like file front then send me the link, after that I will apply the skins. Make sure you use the "sweden_svea_livgarde" model. That is the new top hat model.
    I'm done with the unit and eagerly awaiting your skins!
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiyafeh View Post
    Those grenadiers are excellent. Seems like my small mod is being put to good use.

EDIT: Caesar, a request: could you reskin the Austrian line infantry into the Deutschmeister Regiment in their 1757 uniform (blue waistcoat, breeches, and turnbacks)?
    Source: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...ister_Infantry
    These were the first plastic miniatures I ever painted so I feel emotionally attached to them.
    And of course it was owned by the Teutonic Grand-Master, so you get to work on the 18th century remnants of another crusader order.

Np mate I'll do that for you

@ Batman - The trouble with a stand alone unit is you'll start messing with loc files where as a replacement model does just that with the same name as the original so it won't mess peoples mod names up etc

Armed Citizenry for Euro factions up on front page
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 28, 2009 at 03:42 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Nice one Chicken this made my laugh!!! "I was sick of the armed citizens looking like tramps so smartened them up a bit"

This is good Northern Humour, are you from the UK ??
    Nice unit too mate

is that a picture of your face chuggin the brew?
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar # View Post

@ Batman - The trouble with a stand alone unit is you'll start messing with loc files where as a replacement model does just that with the same name as the original so it won't mess peoples mod names up etc
    I've added it to the a unit_compatibility_loc pack as to not mess around with the major unit mods. It is impossible, otherwise, to use that model, as no riflemen alternate model is availiable with the top hats!

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I've added it to the a unit_compatibility_loc pack as to not mess around with the major unit mods. It is impossible, otherwise, to use that model, as no riflemen alternate model is availiable with the top hats!
    I see, well I'm working on a couple of skins atm but will have a go at this after them

@ Toontotalwar - Yes I'm from England

@ LEMONAIDS - That is Sir Chicken Digby Caesar (as seen on TV. Look him up on youtube)
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 28, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

I beleive I may have also stumbled across a rifleman unit hidden within Vanilla game files, maybe I'll look into that and change model and give paralelle stats as riflemen in-game.
    Good news, there is a unit called "euro_late_riflemen" used by nobody, still named riflemen on-screen. I changed the custom unit to that.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 28, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

Great work! I think that for some units will better other models (your textures are great but can use similar models to sources from pictures).

For knights of Malta are better Swedish Guards (round hats and plumes):

for malta's grenadiers are better Spanish grenadiers (better type of bearskin cap):

for Venice carabiniers are batter Spanish Guardias (bicorne and uniforms style):

for Hessians are better Dutch Guards (uniforms style and hat):

Don't read my post as attack. Your textures are great but I would like to see more similar models to sources.
    Last edited by StalinCore; July 29, 2009 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999
    I beleive I may have also stumbled across a rifleman unit hidden within Vanilla game files, maybe I'll look into that and change model and give paralelle stats as riflemen in-game.
    Good news, there is a unit called "euro_late_riflemen" used by nobody, still named riflemen on-screen. I changed the custom unit to that.
    Thats the model that the British Green Jackets and French Tillalurs use. (the one with a shacko)

Quote Originally Posted by StalinCore View Post
    Great work! I think that for some units will better other models (your textures are great but can use similar models to sources from pictures).

For knights of Malta are better Swedish Guards (round hats and plumes):

for malta's grenadiers are better Spanish grenadiers (better type of bearskin cap):

for Venice carabiniers are batter Spanish Guardias (bicorne and uniforms style):

for Hessians are better Dutch Guards (uniforms style and hat):

Don't read my post as attack. Your textures are great but I would like to see more similar models to sources.
    I will be changing the model (well Emperorbatman will) for the Knights light infantry as for the rest ,I think they are near enough for now.
    I only want to do reskins as modding takes alot of time and as reskins anyone can use them.
    That said I do think the models you suggested would be better and I don't see your post as a attack
    Ideas and suggestions always welcome.

Edit - When posting pictures please use spoilers or thumbnails
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 29, 2009 at 05:38 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

+rep for the armed Citizens, finally.....
    Cheers mate

Knights of St John Foot Artillery up on front page

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar # View Post
    I will be changing the model (well Emperorbatman will) for the Knights light infantry as for the rest ,I think they are near enough for now.
    I only want to do reskins as modding takes alot of time and as reskins anyone can use them.
    That said I do think the models you suggested would be better and I don't see your post as a attack
    Ideas and suggestions always welcome.

Edit - When posting pictures please use spoilers or thumbnails
    Modding of that low of a scale (i.g. changing models), isn't much. It only takes me a few minutes. However, unfortunately, the grenadiers and carabineers will require a whole new unit or it will affect other factions. Despite the fact it is simple (Just copy-and-paste stats then rename the unit), it just isn't possible unless you want to make a new unit. And that requires a loc file to get text...
    @ ARCHIEKE, I changed the model to the Swedish lifeguard model for euro_late_riflemen, I got it covered!
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; July 29, 2009 at 11:46 AM.