Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Caesar's Texture Thread

Default Re: Sir Caesar's Texture Tread

Those Danish uniforms are looking great. The Knights of S.t John retexture is also fantastic.
    Last edited by Barry Lyndon; July 25, 2009 at 08:39 AM.

blonkers1234's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Aguinaldo View Post
    WTF? I downloaded one of your mods? And I have all my custom battle factions unlocked... But my Elite Units pack and DLC are gone? I DEMAND MY BANDWIDTH BACK!
    either make a backup before you mod or delete the files, i mean really.

Some good 18th century stuff here
    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/topics.mv?id=140

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Aguinaldo View Post
    WTF? I downloaded one of your mods? And I have all my custom battle factions unlocked... But my Elite Units pack and DLC are gone? I DEMAND MY BANDWIDTH BACK!
    These are just reskins. They will not a effect anything in your game apart from change the default texture into the one you have d/l.
    If something is wrong with your game it is nothing to do with these skins.
    apart from that they are only patches so just take it out of your data folder and see.

Another Grenzer Unit (AUS) up on front page

@ Jihada - Thanks mate I'll check that out later
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Oh, he's good, a little too good. lol

Once again thanks for the kind words from most of you Please feel free to +rep

Knights Of St John Light Infantry up on front page

Bundy88's Avatar Libertus

hey sir digby really good work with venice dragoons. Do you think you could make a reskin of the british dragoons to look like the ones from the patriot, I'll give a pic.
    Last edited by Bundy88; October 13, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy88 View Post
    hey sir digby really good work with venice dragoons. Do you think you could make a reskin of the british dragoons to look like the ones from the patriot, I'll give a pic.
    I really like to do historical skins + the dragoons have the wrong helmet.
    That said I've got a couple of skins I'm gonna be working on, after that I'll see if I can knock one up for you mate. It's only a matter of giving them dark green facings more or less.

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

The Patriot took a lot of liberties (it was a movie after all althought I wish they hadn't represented how they were accurate about everything when they knew very well they were not). Here is the person and unit Tavington and the Green Dragoons were based off...loosely.

http://www.cord.edu/faculty/andersod...s_tarleton.jpg

Bundy88's Avatar Libertus

thanks Digby Id appreciate it bro . and to Newman I see your right they were based off a green dragoon I had found this pic online. Apparently they were colonial american and not british though, but I guess the people who made the patriot did alittle bit of research lol.
    Last edited by Bundy88; October 13, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

Newman55f9's Avatar Libertus

Pyle's massacre was commited by American rebel cavalry against American Loyalist volunteers. The cavalry's uniform was virtually identical to Tarleton's British legion jackets and all. Note the picture you have posted is a man in a coat, the British legion had jackets. The Loyalists thought it was Tarleton's legion and the rebels played along, unitil the Loyalists were in a perfect possition to be hacked to pieces. It didn't hurt rebel propaganda that some of the surviving Loyalists actually thought they had been attacked by Tarleton!

Tarleton played a similiar trick. In the summer the legion sometimes wore white smocks. They rode into a rebel town and Tarleton pretended to be American cavalry officer William Washington (note the 2 eventually literally crossed swords in battle). There was a big party and everyone told him who the biggest patriots were, etc. After getting sufficient food, drink and information, Tarleton arrested the rebel leaders, burned a few buildings I believe (no one was in them by the way) and rode away.

Tarleton was an interesting man who sometimes reminds me of Custer, very brave and very brash. This made him invincible against some, but not against Daniel Morgan who played against his every weakness. Tarleton wasn't the brute he is made out to be, although he didn't rein his men in at the Waxhews to his fault. He knowingly visited Thomas Jefferson's home. It's still there! He certainly wasn't ordering prisoners to be executed or killing women and children although he may have made a few of them homeless which was harm enough in those days. Interestingly enough the British Legion was somewhat lame without his personal presence. He kind of invigorated them.

I read that the producers of the Patriot didn't think most people were smart enough to get the idea that not all British soldiers wore red coats! Pity really, because Tarleton's Loyalist Legion had a troop of the British 17th Light Dragoons (redcoats) so I would have thought it would have been easy for the producers to relay that these are "Americans" fighting with the British even if they were wearing green.

I should note that the War in the South was brutal with horrible attrocities, most of them were neighbor inflicted on neighbor.
    Last edited by Newman55f9; July 28, 2009 at 03:57 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La De Da Brigadier Graham View Post
    Caesar old man one was wondering if it was possible "skin " a couple of the British Horse Artillery Regiments uniforms, the Gun bunnies are fine for the period covered and have at least blue uniforms but I find it abhorrent that the British Artillery units officers are in Red uniform, below are some patterns from the 18th and Napoleonic period, Tarleton would be brilliant, but Bichorn would be just as good sir,
    what say you god sir yay or nay?

Brig! sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but you cannot mod the Tarleton units as they are locked by for modding by CA!!! i had this unit planned over 3 months ago for my mod but it is a no go am afraid!!

Quote Originally Posted by La De Da Brigadier Graham View Post
    Caesar old man one was wondering if it was possible "skin " a couple of the British Horse Artillery Regiments uniforms, the Gun bunnies are fine for the period covered and have at least blue uniforms but I find it abhorrent that the British Artillery units officers are in Red uniform, below are some patterns from the 18th and Napoleonic period, Tarleton would be brilliant, but Bichorn would be just as good sir,
    what say you god sir yay or nay?

Well with the model available to skin I think it's gonna have to be a nay for now my good man.
    The cut of the coat wouldn't look anything like the one you like so until we get a better model I won't be doing this one.
    If it's a top class skin of Brit' artillery in blue that you'd like for now try 33orion77's skins.I use these and they are very good !

Knights Of St John Grenadiers up on front page !

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar # View Post
    Knights Of St John Grenadiers up on front page !
    WOW again,looking Awesome
    +rep for Sir Digby and + rep for Tiyafeh

1 question cause im not so good with replacements etc,is this unit safely to download without changing anything of any other grenadier unit ingame??
    So a standalone download-unit ??

greetings!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Hey Chicken, why can't you do a replacement model mod that replaces the KOSJ riflemen skin to the Swedish Lifeguard model? If not, I can do it myself. You then just have to make the retexture.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH View Post
    WOW again,looking Awesome
    +rep for Sir Digby and + rep for Tiyafeh

1 question cause im not so good with replacements etc,is this unit safely to download without changing anything of any other grenadier unit ingame??
    So a standalone download-unit ??

greetings!
    All the mod does is change the old Grenadier for the new mate and only for the Knights

@Batman - I'm thinking much the same so we'll have to see at a later date

Edit - Musicians & Officers for Knights up on front page
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 27, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Ok thanks mate!